Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's for sale by CarMax. It's a Blue 2007 Solstice GXP with a Manual transmission. It has 24644 miles. When I look at the pictures everything looks fine. Another problem is it's in Georgia and I would have to have it shipped here to Texas. They want $15,599 for it and they say it's a no-haggle price.

Is $15,599 for this Solstice a fair price?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have talked to a CarMax before and they told me they can move cars from one lot to another. If you have one closer to you, you may be able to make a deal with them that would cut out the shipping or get it really reduced.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah this Solstice can be moved here to Texas. I would hope nothing bad will happen to it while it is getting here. CarMax says on their website you can test drive it before you buy it so if something did happen I wouldn't have to buy it.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
That's border line fair. It's going to be a non warranty car so you really want to check it over real good first. I think they do transfers for $500 though but I don't know all the details.

·
Registered
250 Posts
It's true that CarMax is 'no-haggle' and they mean it. Unfortunately it's not to the consumer's advantage - it's to theirs. I have found they are usually $2k-$3k overpriced for Solstices. Even though I think your price is a little high it's not bad. There's CarMax's by me that ask $17,500 for that year and mileage. It may be cheaper to fly to the destination and drive it home yourself as to paying the transfer fee. Plus you really should inspect it and drive it first cause once it arrives at your house it's too late if you find a problem.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I got mine at carmax and it was about average retail. I did get an extended warranty and even with a small repair a few trips to the shop and dealer just paid for itself.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I think it is a bit high too. I live in AL and can drive it to TX for you, if you buy me ticket back.

·
Registered
143 Posts
to much money in my opinion I am a bargain shopper bought my 2006 with 55 k miles . and around mi they sell for 13 k auto loaded with 25k miles . or less. and you need to look at this car before you buy . why not call a local shop there and have a mechanic test drive it and look under the hood before you buy ? so what it will cost you 100 bucks or more to have a professional test drive it . have the tech send you a pic of the car under the hood and a pic of the vin number . you never know what your buying if not test drove . make a few phone calls to repair shops.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Not a big fan of Car Max read an article about them not to long ago about issues that they had with CarFax reports that were altered and if you go to Pissed Consumer .com and type in CarMax you can see the complaints people have filed about them but that's just my opinion . I'm wondering if you have looked at listings on Car Gurus .com (19) or Autotrader .com (32) or any of the other local auto websites seems to me if your not in a hurry and willing to wait to find the right car you should be able to find one locally and as other members have said I would be leery about buying a car without seeing it first . I have purchased more then a few cars in my time ,over 70 and can't tell you how many times I looked at pictures then saw the car in person and it was nowhere near what the picture looked like and as kwtoxman posted you have to wonder why the car was repainted .Good Luck in your search but I think I would pass on this one .

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
If you enter your zip on the Carmax website you see the Car Transfer Fee for every car. You can get it transferred without buying the car afterall.

I bought mine at Carmax. I was very happy with their service.

- Detailed car
- Full fuel tank
- They reimbursed me for buying the missing users manual on line
- 5-Day Money-Back Guarantee - so basically a 5 day test drive and enough time to have the car checked by a third party.
- Limited 30-Day Warranty
- Multipoint inspection
- Full Vehicle History Report
- Clean title

The price is no-haggle, but in case it does not sell they do lower the price of course. Price of mine was lowered 500$ within 10 days after it was listed.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I had mine shipped from Houston to Fort Worth and I was charged $150 total which was paid by credit card. If I didn't want to buy it, I would lose the $150 which seems reasonable.

I bought it. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the advice everyone. I found another Solstice here in Texas. It's an 2007 Solstice GXP with 64,000 miles. Seller is asking $8995 for it. I have looked on other websites for a Pontiac Solstice GXP but they all have automatic transmissions and I want it to be a manual.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
go to car guru's and create a search. makes life much easier and then just wait for the one you want.

·
Registered
250 Posts
doesn't always work. Cars.com is good and I get correct updates but Autotrader and Cargurus haven't always worked with sending me the email right away. I found the yellow solstice I want on Autotrader yesterday - did not receive any email even though I had a search filter set up. My guess is that in this case the seller had it listed as an automatic and then in the detailed description it said manual. So the search excluded it due to the error. If I wasn't checking carefully I would have missed it.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
well, to be honest, I was never patient enough to just sit and wait. I probably clicked on their site 3 times a day. good point though, I saw one I liked but in the pictures it showed as an automatic even though it was listed as a manual. the colors might also be wrong as they have names rather than colors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hot Solstice

I am selling my Solstice if you are interested. It's in Baltimore and it is in showroom mint condition. Detailed twice each month. Only driven in spring and summer. Never driven in rain or cold weather. Still has GM extended warranty through mid-April 2015. Garage kept and even covered when not driven. No swirls in the paint and drives like a charm. Tires only have 4,000 miles and brakes have 6,000 miles.

2007 Pontiac Solstice , $15,999 - Cars.com

1 - 19 of 19 Posts