Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

I gave in and sold out.

3K views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  RODEO 
#1 ·
Well, I couldn't wait. My current car died, I couldn't get my dealer to tell me where in line I was on my Sol, I was stuck at 1100 and not feeling very confident I would get a car this model year. My dealer told me (latest) that it would be June if I'm lucky. I got an offer I couldn't refuse... A black on black Honda S2000 (new with 39 miles) fully loaded for 29K. Picked it up yesterday and love it. :party: :party: :party:

Just a note to all of you waiting. If you see a Black S2000 on the road and the driver waves it is probably me. I will always have a special love for the car that was almost. I still think the Sol rocks! Hope everyone gets the car of their dreams and have many, many miles of smiles.............................. :cheers:

I'll check back to see how the "regulars" on the forum do.

#2 ·
Congrats, DeepSol. I am sure you will do just fine with your S2K. It is a nice car, and should be lots of fun to drive.

#4 ·
We will see you in the street sometime, enjoy your car.

#5 ·
Wow, that car had a 3 year wait list. Great car, good luck!

#8 ·
Nice find! Enjoy your new S2K! Sounds like a great price too!

Definately keep in touch! Maybe a Solstice will still be in your future. That S2K would make a nice trade in on a new Solstice GXP in a couple years, when the initial demand dies down and you can actually get one in a decent amount of time. :)

#9 ·
I bailed too when I received zero responses from my dealer to my numerous emails. I purchased a 2006 Mustang GT. I sent them an email asking for my deposit back and they refused (at least they responded).

Ride Sally Ride......

#10 ·
I would go in person and request the deposit back, unless from the beginning they said it was not refundable.

#11 ·
We can make you an Honorary Canuck, then you can join our new club, CAOS, Canucks Almost Owning Solstices.

We have an MZ3, Boxster S, 330Ci so far, you would be our first S2000. :thumbs:

#12 ·
LatinVenom said:
I would go in person and request the deposit back, unless from the beginning they said it was not refundable.
I agree. Go in and ask for it. It will be harder for them to say "no" with you standing right in front of them. Plus, it gives you an excuse to go for a ride in your new 'Stang! :cool:

#14 ·
sham said:
just about to give up!!!!!!!
Keep telling myself one more week and that it .
At 3000 since august 12th
one more week?? looks like at least one more month
It better be worth it :willy: :brentil: :willy: :brentil: :willy: :brentil: :willy:
It really doesn't make sense to give up once your car has been accepted for production. At that point you know you will be getting one this MY.

#15 ·
Christmas Presents!

To everyone that gave up on the wait, have fun in your new cars! The new car feeling is great no matter what it is. With that said, I feel sorry for everyone of you. When you see me driving next to you in my Solstice, its not going to be a good feeling. It will be like getting that present you really didn't want for Christmas. I remember when I wanted a "Pong" (the playstation of the past) for Christmas back in the 70's. I opened up the present with my name on it under the tree, guess what it was, A "Freakin" sandwich maker. What the heck was I going to do with a sandwich maker (never mind, that's another story). To everyone that's waiting, keep the faith. Your Solstice is on its way! :yesnod:

#16 ·
:agree:
That the one thing keeping me going.
Have gone and looked at other car but just could not do it, because i Know the day will come when i see one driving down the road and i will say IF I ONLY WAITED.
:brentil: :smash: :brentil: :smash: :brentil: :smash: :brentil: :smash:

#17 ·
All I know for sure is that it 70 degrees, with probably one week of good weather before winter sets in, and I'm not regretting for a second that I picked up a Boxster.

Do I look forward to seeing a Solstice? Yes.

Do I still think it will be a great car? Yes

Do I think I will have any regrets in my choice? Not at all.

Enjoy the wait, cause I'm enjoying the weather!!!! :lol:

#21 ·
Dime a Dozen.......

sham said:
Sounds like Photog321 is a little pee......... off with the boxter all ready.
Wait till he see one on the road. :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy:
It's all about the style, I sold my Boxster for the Solstice. Can always get another one later. Right now the Boxster's are a dime a dozen. I had the opportunity to buy 2 Boxster S versions with less than 25,000 miles for only $22,000 each (ok, that's a lot of dimes). So I don't think we'll have a shortage of Boxster's for a long time. :lol:

#22 ·
Is $29K a realy good price on a 2005 S2000? I test drove my first one today, a very noce perl yellow one, price was #33,600. dealer sadi ti was the last one in the region. Wasn't as wowed by the power as I thougth I would be at 240hp. Obviously it has nice power, but that needs to be up there in the rpms (as I've read so much about around here).

The MSMs are safe! And, why was I looking at new cars, our jobs are back online!!! :thumbs:

#23 ·
Congrats on a great new car. You really can't go wrong with an exciting car like an S2000 if it matches your driving style. It certainly is a high-performing sports car, up there with the best of them.

#24 ·
dferkler said:
I bailed too when I received zero responses from my dealer to my numerous emails. I purchased a 2006 Mustang GT.
So how do you like the Mustang? They look like an absolute blast to drive. How is the handling and ride?

#25 ·
photog321 said:
I'm not regretting for a second that I picked up a Boxster.
Nor should you... That is a fantastic car.

#26 ·
RODEO said:
Is $29K a realy good price on a 2005 S2000? I test drove my first one today, a very noce perl yellow one, price was #33,600. dealer sadi ti was the last one in the region. Wasn't as wowed by the power as I thougth I would be at 240hp. Obviously it has nice power, but that needs to be up there in the rpms (as I've read so much about around here).

The MSMs are safe! And, why was I looking at new cars, our jobs are back online!!! :thumbs:
You really were not impressed with the S2K? I have never driven one. I have sat in one and it feels like it should be awesome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.