Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put one in my name and one in my mother's name, we got lucky and got both. I am good friends with the dealer near my home, sometimes it is who you know.

see you around West Covina, CA when my cars come in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i feel bad

after reading all the posts of people who did not get theirs I feel bad I got 2, I did not realize is would be so hard to get even 1. I guess I should think about selling one of mine to someone else, does anyone live in So Cal who would want one of mine, maybe we can work something out :)

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Or donate(sell) it to a charitable group to raffle off at 1000 tickets @ $100 each. Profit for you and money for the charity. AND ONLY SELL TICKETS TO FIRST 1000MEMBERS HERE THAT DID NOT GET IN.

·
Registered
80 Posts
SOLSTICEOWNERX2 said:
after reading all the posts of people who did not get theirs I feel bad I got 2, I did not realize is would be so hard to get even 1. I guess I should think about selling one of mine to someone else, does anyone live in So Cal who would want one of mine, maybe we can work something out :)

I live in Orange County SoCal

hurry sell it to me :(

·
Registered
80 Posts
achieftain said:
Or donate(sell) it to a charitable group to raffle off at 1000 tickets @ $100 each. Profit for you and money for the charity. AND ONLY SELL TICKETS TO FIRST 1000MEMBERS HERE THAT DID NOT GET IN.

that would just feel like salt in the wound

·
Registered
405 Posts
even at $35.00 you, or the receiptient of the profits, would do well...but, could it be done thru the forum and be legal....people would have to receive a number to be drawn somehow....and who would do it?.........

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess some people who found out my local dealer gave me two are really up set, thousands did not get any and I got 2, I don't know what the big deal is, it is just a car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
this is BS

I have put weeks of effort to make sure that I get one, then this guy gets 2, that sucks. how is this fair??

Anyway, how much will sell your spot for your Solstice for? I would like to buy your "extra spot", need a price for it

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
SOLSTICEOWNERX2 said:
I guess some people who found out my local dealer gave me two are really up set, thousands did not get any and I got 2, I don't know what the big deal is, it is just a car.
OK then sell both of them. Easy to say since you have 2! :leaving:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
SOLSTICEOWNERX2 said:
Don't worry about it. Its not like they are only building 1000. Those who didn't get a first 1000 car will just have to get one out of normal allocation. It won't have anifty dash plate, but it will be the same visually and mechanically. Congrats on picking up 2 of them. Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
SOLSTICEOWNERX2 said:
If that is how you feel, is there any reason you need to have 2 of the first 1000? If it is not a big deal to you, why don't you cancel one of your EOP orders, and order the second Solstice out of regular dealer allocation?

If you cancel one of the EOP orders, the next person on the wait list would be offered the car, and that person may very well be a forum member.

I know I am personally hoping that I am far enough up on the wait list that I may still get into the EOP due to cancellations and/or disqualifications.

Since I live in NJ, getting one in the summer rather than the fall would be big deal to me. While it is probably not such a big deal for someone in So Cal. :(

·
Registered
228 Posts
Because some of us have been waiting since 02 for the car and got beat out by a bunch of newbs "not related to you a general remark" who saw the car last night. Talk about fair?

·
Registered
5 Posts
disqualify this guy

why should this guy get 2, he should be dis-qualified for putting one in his mom's name and one in his.

I don't know what sucks more, the fact my dream car is not going to be mine or some geek who does not even care about the car gets 2

·
5,641 Posts
Again every one it is just the first 1000. Not every car was sold for the year today, it just feels that way. And nothing in the rules keeps someone form ordering two if they want. In fact the ruoes go out of thier way to explain it is ok and how it needs to be done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sell me one please

I promised my daughter if she graduated college with a 3.2 gpa or higher I would buy her a solstice, she just did the last semester and I did not know this problem was going such a big deal.

now I can't deliver what I promised, would you consider $5,000 for your 2nd Solstice spot, she is not picky on color.

please let me know

·
4,592 Posts
ipromised said:
I promised my daughter if she graduated college with a 3.2 gpa or higher I would buy her a solstice, she just did the last semester and I did not know this problem was going such a big deal.

now I can't deliver what I promised, would you consider $5,000 for your 2nd Solstice spot, she is not picky on color.

please let me know
generous offer! but does it need to be one of the first 1000 to justify $5K?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts