Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya i got a ride in excelsiors SOl. ya it is amazing! looking under the hood we couldnt figure out what this is:

Click here to watch CIMG003536

idling it sounds like a newer cavalier, but driving it sounds really nice. noticable when crusing top down but not loud enough to be annoying. Fitment sitting inside is large, feels like a standard sedan on the width leg room wasnt bad my knees in the passenger seet were up but the dash doesnt come in towards you far so you dont hit your knees. im sure i coulda put my feet further up but didnt want me feet off the floormat, i didnt wanna be rude btw, im 6,0" and 155 pounds. anyways the leather seats are REALLY comfortable, i esp like the lumbar support and i could feel them sink in when i sat down, pillow like. it has a nice sport tuned suspension, stiff but not to stiff. getting in was fine but it is low. o and yeah it is a head turner, people were pulling into the rest that were driving by just to look and then left without buying a hot dog! everyone was like wow that must be like 35k for that car. even and old guy like 80 years old had his jaw on the ground. (he was talking to me about my bike and drewling on that too, so maybe he just never grew up) are those putfiles working? the vid wont play for me and i cant remember which one it was so please describe it so i can upload the rest.

·
1,492 Posts
graet video , now have someone hold the camera while you drive so we can hear and see in action

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, I really wrote that first one with terrible grammer. Pardon that I cannot hold back my excitment to contribute to the forum.

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
Oh my gosh 00000000 beautiful!!! This one was starting from the front, walk to the back, then into the interior

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Incredible!! That's one [email protected] looking car. When my wheels arrive, I'll spend the first half hour taking photos, the next 3 hours washing and polishing, and before sunset...I'll hit the road...driving 50 in the 70 zone so drivers can pass and look in awe.

Before the sun falls below the western sky, I'll take that one incredible photo that says it all...in a word...WOW!

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
:) Take all the time needed, I appreciate it, as I'm sure we all do

:) :) :) :)
And thanks to Excelsior for giving us this opportunity to almost see one in person!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
no matterhow often I see these...I get excited over this car. I definitely would say this car looks and plays the part of a much MUCH more expensive ride.

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
Definitely-that's the surprise that everyone has when they ask the $$-everyone who's out of 'the loop' assumes its 30k or higher!
Very classy ride, folks are already queueing up at work, and anticipating it's arrival. Of course it helps tease them, with Pontiacs huge poster hanging on the door to my office, a great shot of an Aggressive on my desktop, and the model sitting on my desk.

:)

·
Registered
135 Posts
The video of the top being secured was great. Pretty simple stuff. Thanks GM for building a car that I "want" to drive.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
locking the Top to the windshield seemed a little tricky, i think excelsior needs to read the book a bit

·
Registered
383 Posts
Anyone think its possible to paint the "solstice" under the hood? Not sure if it would adhere to the flame retardant material or stay with the engine heat...??? Sure would look cool though

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you will all love the last vid i got, great sound of the car if you turn it up just need a host
the soltice under the hood painted would be nice, maybe someone could make some high heat ABS plastic pieces

1 - 20 of 74 Posts