Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't realize how much buzz there was about this car. I live right next to a GM dealer and I love to watch The Apprentice so I dropped off a registration form on my way to work. I ended up getting a car! I couldn't believe it!

I'm looking for someone who might be inerested in my spot. Any offer is welcome!

·
Registered
228 Posts
You do realize you just came a forum where 100's of people who waited on the car since 2002 didnt get one because of people like you right? Not a clever way to make friends real quick.

Note: according to the rules you need to purchase the car and pick it up so you cant sell your spot.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Read the posts

:rant:
FIRST - No solicitations!

SECOND - YOU CAN'T SELL YOU'RE RIGHT TO BUY IT! YOU MUST MAKE THE PURCHASE WITH YOUR IDENTIFICATION, INSURANCE AND NAME ON THE TITLE. Now, do you think someone will give you the money to do that and then you will turn it over? :glol:

SO, go search the MANY posts about this topic already!

Dang, I'm already tired of these scammers! [rant off]

For regular sane forum members, please forgive my rant!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I Think One Of The Huge Fans Of This Car That Did Not Get One Of The First 1000 Will Be Happy To Have One For Summer No Matter How Much They Might Have To Pay.....i'm Trying To Help You...not Hurt You...let Some Of The Other Members Decide......

........i Would Have A Contract Drawn Up Stating That The Second I Own It, I'll Turn It Over.........there Is No Scam......

·
Registered
228 Posts
You can do whatever you please and I can call you a con all I please. You shouldnt take try to take advantage of people but I guess thats ok in your book.

Note: make sure you point out itll be a USED car as it will have been titled and you have to pay taxes on it. I also believe you were just told no solicitations!

Also on a personal note, yes I am bitter. I have waited for the car for 3 years to only be beat out on the account of server issues and people who just want to sell the car like yourself.

·
5,600 Posts
nickwr24 said:
I Think One Of The Huge Fans Of This Car That Did Not Get One Of The First 1000 Will Be Happy To Have One For Summer No Matter How Much They Might Have To Pay.....i'm Trying To Help You...not Hurt You...
:glol:

Take a hike.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Easy solution

If you really want the car, keep it, drive it, and be proud of it.

If you really don't want the car, cancel your EOP registration, and you will let the next person on the wait list have your spot automatically.

Do be careful about profiteering, there are a lot of folks on this forum who are more than a bit disappointed, and they like gouging/scalping even less.

But everyone, please let's try to keep it clean and friendly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
nickwr24 said:
I Think One Of The Huge Fans Of This Car That Did Not Get One Of The First 1000 Will Be Happy To Have One For Summer No Matter How Much They Might Have To Pay.....i'm Trying To Help You...not Hurt You...let Some Of The Other Members Decide......

........i Would Have A Contract Drawn Up Stating That The Second I Own It, I'll Turn It Over.........there Is No Scam......
Wow, I'm surprised no one's made an offer yet! Since you want to help and not hurt me, I'll take the car off your hands for half MSRP. $10,000! Thanks, let me know!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Moved to first 1000 forum.

And those who said you can't sell it until YOU take title are correct. Your order is tied to your name and address.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
nickwr24 said:
I didn't realize how much buzz there was about this car. I live right next to a GM dealer and I love to watch The Apprentice so I dropped off a registration form on my way to work. I ended up getting a car! I couldn't believe it!

I'm looking for someone who might be inerested in my spot. Any offer is welcome!
nickwr24, I'd really like you to click on the Forum Guidelines/Rules/Etiquette link in my signature, and carefully read the section on COMMERCIAL POSTING.

You are not a supporting vendor. You cannot use a thread to market or sell anything until you send a private message to TROY ROBERTS and set yourself up as one.

Edited: After reviewing the rules myself, I believe it is acceptable to offer cars and whatnot for sale, provided you are not a dealer. You can't offer multiple things for sale, but trying to sell a car is, I believe, OK.

HOWEVER: You must actually be selling something. You are trying to sell your EOP spot, which is really not much right now unless you tell us you got your confirmation call, which you have not (or maybe you're the first one?) as of 11:30AM ET 4/21. So, you really have nothing to sell.

Personally, I think you're dreaming if you think anyone here would pay more than MSRP for a Solstice. You're trying to market your "spot" (which is ethically questionable), and since you've gotten no confirmation call, you really can't sell ANYTHING.

First, order and get your Solstice. THEN come back here and try to sell it to a member here for above MSRP :glol:. Good luck. :D

You might want to read some of the threads on Dealership Gouging first, though. And if you get a few reasonably civil but passionately stated suggestions to, ahhh..., "percussively insert silica particles where solar energy doesn't normally reach", don't say we didn't warn you. :glol:

[first 1000 members - please be civil to this guy, ok?]

Here's why - you are obviously not really a Solstice enthusiast, and your post, to the people that have been here for a while, smacks of you thinking we are a bunch of naive, blind enthusiasts that would give our genitals for an EOP "first 1000".

You're new here, you may not have noticed that many of us have a "first 1000 member" under our names - we've been here for a while, and know ten times what you do about the Solstice. You don't know about the prohibition on commercial posting.

So, we're cutting you some slack. You might want to think a bit before you post again.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Here is my take, next time a person post something similar to the forum, PLEASE just let one of the moderators answer his/her question. SILENT IS GOLDEN.
Why waist even a second of your time replying to it, it is not worth my time.

·
Registered
504 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Here is my take, next time a person post something similar to the forum, PLEASE just let one of the moderators answer his/her question. SILENT IS GOLDEN.
:agree:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Kuritorisu51 said:
Wow, I'm surprised no one's made an offer yet! Since you want to help and not hurt me, I'll take the car off your hands for half MSRP. $10,000! Thanks, let me know!

*falls over laughing*

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Strap him in a car and use him for a test dummy! :cuss:

·
Registered
316 Posts
LatinVenom said:
I fear this is only the beginning of this wort of thing. I really wouldnt mind if the mods "dumped" all these sales posts is a special commercial section.

just read this on ebay after I posted above. check out the reference to solsticeforum.com :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6386&item=4543958891&rd=1

·
Registered
228 Posts
Solstick said:
I fear this is only the beginning of this wort of thing. I really wouldnt mind if the mods "dumped" all these sales posts is a special commercial section.

just read this on ebay after I posted above. check out the reference to solsticeforum.com :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6386&item=4543958891&rd=1
You can thank me :)

I emailed him and explained to him he couldnt sell the car per rules of the eop. He responded really nicely saying he didnt know that and he would take it down. Im impressed to see he really did do it, just goes to show you some people can wise up. Id like to thank him for doing that as well

1 - 20 of 21 Posts