Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got moved up from the waiting list! I can't believe it! I thought when I accepted the 24 month maintenance deal that I was off the wait list, but apparently not!
OMG!!!
:willy: :party: :eek:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Congrats! Hard to believe people are still bailing on their EOP cars, despite how close we THINK we are getting to showtime. Maybe they're people that aren't tuned into this forum and don't have a clue.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the congrats! Yeah, I was told by the caller (I forgot her name in all the excitement!) that they will start delivery August 1st and be done by October 1st. I'm still on Cloud Nine after this! UNBELIEVEABLE!

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
:party:

Congratulations SolsticeWaiting!!!!

I'm pleasantly surprised to hear that they are still filling slots on the waiting list. I would have figured it was too late and the car would have ended up at the dealer's lot. Good for you!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
AWESOME! Congrats! :party: I didn't think they would still be moving people up at this point in the game. I should call program HQ and let them know I don't have that old phone number anymore... just in case.... though I doubt I would get "the call" anyhow. You were one of those who was waitlisted prior to 2:41, right?

·
Registered
233 Posts
SolsticeWaiting said:
I got moved up from the waiting list! I can't believe it! I thought when I accepted the 24 month maintenance deal that I was off the wait list, but apparently not!
OMG!!!
:willy: :party: :eek:

Congratulations SolsticeWaiting....:cheers::party:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
The program works as designed

The EOP Exclusive First 1000 retail units offer rules did describe having folks move from the wait list to the first 1000 group.

Congratulations!

Perhaps this will give folks like Sooolstice who had a change in their life situation the encouragement they need to just call the EOP Head Quarters and work with them to move their 1st 1000 unit on to the next person on the waiting list.

For those folks like Sooolstice who need to postpone their Solstice, I think by far the easiest way is to contact EOP, release their unit to the waiting list, and get their deposit back. It will be much less hassle than trying to comply with the EOP rules and re-sell their car after taking delivery, completing registration, paying sales tax (twice), and securing financing.

Again, congratulations. It is indeed good to see that the process is working as designed.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Nice to see someone from the board get one!!! Way to go!!!!

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
How long should we wait before telling him that it was really just one of us who called him?

jk Congrats, it is very cool to hear that they really have been keeping track of things this whole time.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Not surprised someone got moved up...me too, I got a first allocation car. It's a whole lot easier to jump on the web months ago and say 'yeah, I'm buying that car!'. Then the fact you have no job, or credit, or six kids, or need a truck, can't wait hits home. Anyone could claim an EOP car by logging on but not everyone that got in can buy it. I'm sure the numbers won't be large but a few will need to back out as the purchase date looms near. Things change and GM has given everyone a lot of time to think about their purchase!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
2KWK4U said:
AWESOME! Congrats! :party: I didn't think they would still be moving people up at this point in the game. I should call program HQ and let them know I don't have that old phone number anymore... just in case.... though I doubt I would get "the call" anyhow. You were one of those who was waitlisted prior to 2:41, right?
THANKS! Yes, I my time was 2:34:09 (I think - I had almost forgotten it!). And I did have the 24 month maintenance deal, but if it means I get the car next month with a cute little IP badge, it's cool with me (I have a collector mentality).

·
Registered
201 Posts
SolsticeWaiting said:
THANKS! Yes, I my time was 2:34:09 (I think - I had almost forgotten it!). And I did have the 24 month maintenance deal, but if it means I get the car next month with a cute little IP badge, it's cool with me (I have a collector mentality).
So will you need to change your name? :lol:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wait list

My stamp time was 2:34:22 god I hope & pray I am next. Only 13 secs. behind.of course that could be 13 ahead of me. Congrats on making it into the 1000. I was one of those that GM Left the reference # off. Is there any one out there with a time stamp near my?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Good News, thanks for sharing

SolsticeWaiting said:
With all the anticipation of building not building, it is great to see somebody get good news.

Congrats! :yesnod:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome to the first 1000

Congratulation SolsticeWaiting. :cheers: Glad you made it and I am sure you can't wait to see your Solstice too. Make sure you let us know where your from and help keep our list of first 1000 up to date. I am happy you made it!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts