Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have stated in other threads that I have taken delivery of my car. I am just making it a little more obvious.

What can I say, the car is simply beautiful!!! It handles extremely well. It immediately goes wherever you point it. The car attracts attention at every stop light, every parking lot, and anywhere else you can think of. The car simply looks like nothing else on the road.

While I am driving it I love seeing how the hood flares up over hte front wheels. In fact depending on your height you can see a good portion of the hood. Visbility is much better than I thought it would be with the top up or down.

Pontiac did a good job of tuning the exhaust! Its the best sounding four cylinder I have heard. The car seems rev happy but I am restraining myself at the moment which is sooo hard. I want to see what the car really has, but for now I short shift...

The interior is well designed and in a sense very un-GM like. Once again good job Pontiac!

The top is very easy to operate. I can put it down in about 15 seconds and it takes just slightly longer to put it up. That is only because you have to walk around the car to snap in the buttresses, not a big deal in my mind since they really make the car look better with the top up. The only thing I had a bit of difficulty with in the beginning was shutting the decklid. As I have stated earlier and others to you should shut it in the center. When shutting the decklid you have to shut it hard so it closes all the way. I was just a little afraid in the beginning but once again its not a big deal you aren't going to hurt the car.

I do have some fit and finish issues. It centers around the hood. Basically the gap just above the Pontiac emblem on the sides of the care are different on each side (not noticable to the casual observer). The passenger side headlight doesn't fit with the bumper quite right. Basically the bottom corner closest to the center of the car ever so slightly goes behind the bumper. My dealer knows about the gap issues and is going to contact GM on how to fix it. I will let them know about the headlight thing tomorrow. I think they are releated so hopefully they can fix it.

In all the car is great, I am just afraid to put miles on it! It is a work of art and I hope all of you get your cars soon. You'll love it.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Congratulations Scott. Hopefully I'll have mine this week.

I'm looking forward to some multi Solstice cruises.

It will be like deja two.....mysterious, two tone

·
Registered
192 Posts
Great News

Great news Scott. Good luck with you new baby. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Congrats!

Lucky You!
Enjoy :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Any pics yet???

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LatinGod said:
Any pics yet???
Sure...

I tried to get some new angles for all of you!

Let me know if you have any special requests. I will try to accomodate as best I can. I have more but I don't want to bore you with the same pictures.

pic1
pic2
pic3

·
Registered
193 Posts
scott1715 said:
Sure...

I tried to get some new angles for all of you!

Let me know if you have any special requests. I will try to accomodate as best I can. I have more but I don't want to bore you with the same pictures.

pic1
pic2
pic3
You must have been standing on the roof of your garage to get those pics.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ojohnson said:
You must have been standing on the roof of your garage to get those pics.
You got it! :lol:

Just trying to be a little different!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Congratulations

Congratulations, I know exactly how you feel. Thank you for the pictures.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Is that blue color (deep)? It looks blue in those pics and your sig says Mysterious (black)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mceb said:
Is that blue color (deep)? It looks blue in those pics and your sig says Mysterious (black)
It is most definitley black! It might be the blue sky reflecting off of the paint. ;)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Congrats, and have fun. :yesnod:

·
Registered
7 Posts
That antenna has got to go! I'm sure that will be a common thing to replace just as soon as somebody makes a nice short one that fits.

B

·
0 Posts
Congrats! How tall are you and how is your view on all sides from inside the car?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Don't spend to much time in the shop getting those little things worked out. Enjoy the nice weather and get out there and drive it! I have also notice the problems earlier in the month on some of the Detroit cars we drove.

I was told by at the RenCen Party by a Pontiac engineer that the hood and deck lids have been modified (with more reinforcements) and now add 30 additional pounds to the vehicle. Where the base pre-production fully stripped weighted in under 2800 lbs it now weighs 2830 lbs. A fully loaded Solstice will all the trimmings except chrome wheels and not available OnStar now comes in at 2892 lbs. Still not bad, but it has gain some weight with age, just like me :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
S2k Dude said:
That antenna has got to go! I'm sure that will be a common thing to replace just as soon as somebody makes a nice short one that fits.

Hey it's in my signature....!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts