Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my preorder in yesterday! it was the last one available to that dealership! im sooo excited! i ordered Envious with the Monsoon single cd/mp3 player, power everything, cloth seats (leather is too hot in the summer), A/C, cruse control, floor mats, and LSD. all total $22,890

i dont expect to take possession untill some time early 2006, but i dont care, im just happy that im guarenteed the one i want! :)

·
5,641 Posts
Congratulations.

If you are settling in for the wait, check out the GM Card. If it works for you, and current program rules continue, you could earn up to a $1,000 in rebate earnings to lower the Solstice cost.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
See, this is exactly what I've been talking about, SD. He puts his order in the middle of August and will definitely get his car, I put mine in two months ago and may not get one, because I couldn't find a dealer in my state that had not sold their allocated cars. It doesn't seem like a fair system to me, certainly not consumer friendly.
Oh, and by the way, congrats tednelson83!

·
Registered
245 Posts
tednelson83 said:
i got my preorder in yesterday! it was the last one available to that dealership! im sooo excited! i ordered Envious with the Monsoon single cd/mp3 player, power everything, cloth seats (leather is too hot in the summer), A/C, cruse control, floor mats, and LSD. all total $22,890

i dont expect to take possession untill some time early 2006, but i dont care, im just happy that im guarenteed the one i want! :)
amen to cloth seats. i had leather in my pissat that it got that much hotter in the car in the summer. it wasn't a vert, but it had a sun roof.

·
Registered
193 Posts
What is a GM Card?

[Edit]
Oh, do you mean a GM Credit Card?

·
5,641 Posts
Editguy said:
See, this is exactly what I've been talking about, SD. He puts his order in the middle of August and will definitely get his car, I put mine in two months ago and may not get one, because I couldn't find a dealer in my state that had not sold their allocated cars.
Your going to get your car. Just get a little more time to run up the GM Card earnings towards the maximum.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Editguy said:
See, this is exactly what I've been talking about, SD.
Oh, and by the way, congrats tednelson83!
Cheer up Editguy, I ordered my car three and a half months ago and it may not show up until December. Last December it was -40 here with the wind chill, no need to convert same for both F and C. So while I would look like the frozen guy from the Mustang commercial of last year, you will be able to enjoy your car with the top down when you get it. :cool:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Your going to get your car. Just get a little more time to run up the GM Card earnings towards the maximum.
Thanks, SD, I feel much better about it now. There's no more reliable source than you (although I just noticed you didn't say how many years it will take ;) )! I'm even okay getting it even by late spring because it gives me time to save a bigger down payment!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
Cheer up Editguy, I ordered my car three and a half months ago and it may not show up until December. Last December it was -40 here with the wind chill, no need to convert same for both F and C. So while I would look like the frozen guy from the Mustang commercial of last year, you will be able to enjoy your car with the top down when you get it. :cool:
That's true, no matter what time of year I get it, I willbe able to use it top down. If its too hot here, it's only an hour or so to the mountains and comfortable temperatures. I hope you get yours soon!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Editguy said:
He puts his order in the middle of August and will definitely get his car, I put mine in two months ago and may not get one, ... It doesn't seem like a fair system to me, certainly not consumer friendly.
Only two months :willy:

A LOT of us put our money down 5 (or more) months ago. My money went down in April and I don't expect to get my Solstice before December :brentil:

I know it tough, but at least we're starting to see deliveries :thumbs: The pace should really start to pickup now.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
MAKsys said:
Only two months :willy:

A LOT of us put our money down 5 (or more) months ago. My money went down in April and I don't expect to get my Solstice before December :brentil:

I know it tough, but at least we're starting to see deliveries :thumbs: The pace should really start to pickup now.
Oh, I understand that. I'm not feeling impatient in the sense of "am I gonna get it soon". I wasn't expecting anything before February at the soonest (and actually wouldn't want it before December). I want to build up my down payment. I've just been concerned about whether I would get it at all.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I just put my order in today and I'm somewhere inbetween #14 and #16 on the list. At least I'll get it at MSRP and my local dealer thinks I'll probably have it by November. I'm hoping that he's right and GM gives them about 4-5 cars per month. :)

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
JGene said:
I just put my order in today and I'm somewhere inbetween #14 and #16 on the list. At least I'll get it at MSRP and my local dealer thinks I'll probably have it by November. I'm hoping that he's right and GM gives them about 4-5 cars per month. :)
You might use some of Cricket's advice and offer food to find out exactly what their allocation is for the first 4 months. That will give you a better handle on where you stand. If they have 16 allocated you are good to go, if they have 12 then you will wait til the next round. They know the number, they just have to be encouraged to give it up.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
...no to cloth seats

jester316 said:
amen to cloth seats. i had leather in my pissat that it got that much hotter in the car in the summer. it wasn't a vert, but it had a sun roof.
I have had 2 convertibles. I don't care how well designed the top is...eventually it will leak water. When it leaks, rain gets on your seats. Cloth seats stay damp all day, so when you get back in the car during a rain, you have to sit on the damp cloth. Leather seats wipe off quickly with a small towel. I had my cloth seats replaced with a tan color leather. Not too hot, and easy to dry.
:cool:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Cloth and leather both have advantages, but my last TR6 never leaked. Lets hope the tops in the SOLs are improved and will not leak for many many years :cool:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hmm, maybe i should rethink the whole no leather thing...

the way i found my dealer is i searcher powerdirect.com, set things up, and a guy from all the way down in hawthorne, a good 40 to 50 mile drive, emails me and says they had 4 out of 5 preorder slots filled. i was down there the next day! sence in last on the list, i dont expect it untill sometime early 2006, but that gives mr time to make more payments on the celica so it is worthmore on trede in, and hopefully i can come up with a good $5000 down payment in addition.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
tednelson83 said:
hmm, maybe i should rethink the whole no leather thing...

the way i found my dealer is i searcher powerdirect.com, set things up, and a guy from all the way down in hawthorne, a good 40 to 50 mile drive, emails me and says they had 4 out of 5 preorder slots filled. i was down there the next day! sence in last on the list, i dont expect it untill sometime early 2006, but that gives mr time to make more payments on the celica so it is worthmore on trede in, and hopefully i can come up with a good $5000 down payment in addition.
One thing to keep in mind, too, is that although leather gets very warm compared to cloth, it doesn't get hot and stay hot like vinyl did. My 65 Malibu convertible has vinyl as it originally did, and it gets very hot and takes a while to cool down, but I would never have cloth in a convertible for the reasons that RichSol mentioned.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts