Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my VIN is 2100 and the dealer says it is already in transit.
Could that be true ?
Because im reading all of theses story's about ppl who have been waiting longer then me.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I wouldent doubt if your car is in transit...you struck luck my friend. My vin is 1715 and is still sitting at the plant. It is now 1 month and 2 days old. And number 1774 i think was delivered last week to somebody. So there is a good chance yours is on it's way.

Very lucky.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm 1774 and no delivery yet, but I think that 1771 was delivered, so it is an understandable mistake.

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
SolsticeDesire: you need to get a new keyboard. Yours is typing 1774 instead of 1744, and typing 1771 instead of 1741! :)

Yes, 1741 was delivered to jimmyo in MO 10/17. Also 1770 to 3X Due in OH 10/07, and 1768 to somebody in OH 10/06, according to my records.

I hope yours gets here SOON, SoslticeDesire!

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh that is cool. the dealership i got the car off showed me it said i was in transit on the comp. They said it should be here some time this week. It was monday but they dont think it is going to make it there for monday but it would be perfect timing. I just sold my old toy =(
i spent alot of money into it and i got nothing back from it =(
i will try and post pics of my car another night it is to late right now. :willy:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dylan01 said:
I wouldent doubt if your car is in transit...you struck luck my friend. My vin is 1715 and is still sitting at the plant. It is now 1 month and 2 days old. And number 1774 i think was delivered last week to somebody. So there is a good chance yours is on it's way.

Very lucky.
The other Sol that was delivered with mine 2 weeks ago was 1718 I think, I know it's that or 1781. Because it was the same numbers in my vin which is 1178. We thought it was pretty funny same numbers in both vins.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
compression said:
my VIN is 2100 and the dealer says it is already in transit.
Could that be true ?
Because im reading all of theses story's about ppl who have been waiting longer then me.
You really can't tell it could be or not be. They told me mine was in transit 9/14 I think, came by truck only to Ct got it 10/7.

My dealer explained to me it's considered in transit as soon as it comes off the line and leaves the factory doors. But you never know it may be on the way.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
deluke said:
You really can't tell it could be or not be. They told me mine was in transit 9/14 I think, came by truck only to Ct got it 10/7.

My dealer explained to me it's considered in transit as soon as it comes off the line and leaves the factory doors. But you never know it may be on the way.
Doesnt it have to go through QC? then it has to be "ready to ship." once it is actually on the back of the carrier it can be considered "in transit."?

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
dylan01 said:
Doesnt it have to go through QC? then it has to be "ready to ship." once it is actually on the back of the carrier it can be considered "in transit."?
Yeah, my interpretation of the process is this:

code 4000 - available to ship - this means it passed QC and "can" be shipped, but isn't necessarily being shipped yet

code 4150 - dealer invoice - not really related directly to the delivery timeline, this just lets the dealer know the car will be coming soon and when he has to start paying interest on the car

code 4200 - shipped - not necessarily physically shipped, more like the info on the car has been transferred from GM to the shipping contractor, so that the shipper can schedule the actual physical shipment. Actual shipment may be days or weeks after this, due to the shipping backlog.

Again, this is just my interpretation, based on how we've seen orders progress here on the forum.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dylan01 said:
Yep, but if it is out the doors of the factory they still consider it in transit. This is what my dealer told me regarding in transit. You want 42000 shipped and that doesn't mean it's really on the way, mine went 4200 shipped 9/19. Came by truck to Ct, it got picked up by trucking company night of 10/6 delivered 10/7 morning. So you really can't tell by the codes they are showing. It's the luck of the draw.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
deluke said: "my vin which is 1178"

My list shows your VIN to be 101078. Am I wrong?

Yep your wrong, I think it was a typo first time I typed it, but corrected it with the vin last a couple days later.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dengel said:
Yeah, my interpretation of the process is this:

code 4000 - available to ship - this means it passed QC and "can" be shipped, but isn't necessarily being shipped yet

code 4150 - dealer invoice - not really related directly to the delivery timeline, this just lets the dealer know the car will be coming soon and when he has to start paying interest on the car

code 4200 - shipped - not necessarily physically shipped, more like the info on the car has been transferred from GM to the shipping contractor, so that the shipper can schedule the actual physical shipment. Actual shipment may be days or weeks after this, due to the shipping backlog.

Again, this is just my interpretation, based on how we've seen orders progress here on the forum.

:agree: That's how I understand it also. But don't forget some do get out a bit faster but not many, so you really don't know.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dylan01 said:
Nope! that would be shipped but that only means your in the trucking comanys system, doesn't mean you car is on they way. Well not with the Solstice anyway.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
Thanks, deluke, I was just wondering.

I printed excelsior's list on 09/26 and it showed yours as 101078. I guess you corrected his list after that date.

gizmo, You enjoying your car? Congrats on your delivery. Mine still only has 218 miles on it, my husband takes it to work every day but it's only a couple miles. We took it for a long drive last weekend, I just love it.

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
You betcha, deluke! Thanks for asking.

I've got just over 300, filled the gas tank for the first time yesterday, seven days after delivery. Too busy this month with tax returns, payroll taxes, financial statements. Obviously you're still on your original tank of gas.

When that shoulder gets healed, you'll be cruising the town, eh? Enjoy.

·
Registered
198 Posts
How high are they at now with the vin # for deliveries in Nov?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.