Shouldn't :cheers: :willy: and drive... :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow. I really like those. Very hidden. Pontiac is doing a great job.

By the way, thanx for the reply. You guys are great.

(Of course you shouldn't drink and drive. :) But there's always gotta be a place for my cell phone! I guess these cup holders wouldn't work as a phone holder in this case.)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Magnezium said:
But there's always gotta be a place for my cell phone! I guess these cup holders wouldn't work as a phone holder in this case.)
Or for the ashtray that is part of the smoker's package. Have not seen it yet but assume it is like honda's little fliptop ashtray that fits in a cupholder.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Just have to use one of these to enable easy fluid replacement.

·
Registered
251 Posts
:lol: How about adding a cellular headset... :lol:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
achieftain said:
Or for the ashtray that is part of the smoker's package. Have not seen it yet but assume it is like honda's little fliptop ashtray that fits in a cupholder.
Does anybody know if the 'ciggarette lighter' is going to still be there even without the smokers package? I'm not really looking for a lighter, moreso a 12v outlet. I gotta know if I'll be able to charge my phone or am I gonna have to add the smokers package for that?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
dori-san said:
Does anybody know if the 'ciggarette lighter' is going to still be there even without the smokers package? I'm not really looking for a lighter, moreso a 12v outlet. I gotta know if I'll be able to charge my phone or am I gonna have to add the smokers package for that?
The powerpoint should still be there. The lighter just goes into it. Chances are, without the smokers package, the powerpoint will just have a cover over it, and not a lighter in it.

·
Registered
350 Posts
dori-san said:

I asked my dealer about that and he said that when smokers packages are not added to the cars there is still the 12V jack, but no heating filiment to light the ciggarette.

It would be aweful foolish for them to no include a power jack in the car.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
dori-san said:
I'm pretty sure all cars are built with the 12v outlet. The Smoker's Package should only include the lighter itself and the ashtray. (in fact the smoker's package is being sold on www.goodwrench.com/accessories as an optional accessory, and appears to include the lighter and an ashtray that fits into the cupholder.)

I think it would actually be more expensive for GM to have 2 configurations, one with the outlet and one without.

Also to consider, all models of the Solstice have the auxilary jack in the stereo for an MP3 player. It would be pretty short sighted to have a jack to run an MP3 player, but not outlet to power/charge it.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Hmmm, I was wondering why there was 3 cupholders... I'm pretty sure that the 3rd cupholder (the front passenger side) is to hold the ashtray. The placement would be right.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SlipSlider said:
Hmmm, I was wondering why there was 3 cupholders... I'm pretty sure that the 3rd cupholder (the front passenger side) is to hold the ashtray. The placement would be right.
I wont be ordering the smoker's package if the AC outlet is already included. I wont give anyone any chance to smoke in my car if I can help it! And believe me, I'll use all three cupholders! I like variety in my drinks. :)

Anyone who doesn't smoke could appreciate a car that doesn't smell like cigarettes. :brentil:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
dengel said:
I'm pretty sure all cars are built with the 12v outlet. The Smoker's Package should only include the lighter itself and the ashtray. (in fact the smoker's package is being sold on www.goodwrench.com/accessories as an optional accessory, and appears to include the lighter and an ashtray that fits into the cupholder.)

I think it would actually be more expensive for GM to have 2 configurations, one with the outlet and one without.

Also to consider, all models of the Solstice have the auxilary jack in the stereo for an MP3 player. It would be pretty short sighted to have a jack to run an MP3 player, but not outlet to power/charge it.
That's what I thought too. I figured that there was no possible way anyone would build a car w/o an outlet. That's what made it make even less sense to me, an MP3 player jack but no way to charge your player? And also in this day and age of everyone having cell phones? I was sure they'd have put the outlet in, but I just wanted to confirm is all...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts