Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, I met my new Mistress. She is sleek, elegant, hot as hell, curvy in all the right places, fast, and likes to play around. She is Solstice. I have been eyeing the S2000 for a while, and have yet to find a good performance comparison 'tween the Pontiac and Honda. Anyone got that info, would be helpful.

Also, I have had rotten luck through the years with GM quality..anyone know if they are getting things dialed in with the Solstice regarding fit and finish and overall dependability? I used to think bad things about Chrysler until I bought my wife a PT Cruiser, and it is a damn tight little car...no doubt from the Mercedes influence.

Oh, and don't tell my wife I have a mistress...I want to keep this liason discreet...until she sees it in the garage!

·
Registered
133 Posts
She is a beauty, no doubt. You can bet all the auto rags will have comparos on the racks in another month or two. (ok, maybe 3 or 4) Power to weight ratio, Honda has the edge, but torque is better down low on the Solstice so don't expect the S2000 to outrun it until 4th gear or so.

The Soltice claims to pull .9 g out of the box with some so-so performance Goodyears. Pretty impressive numbers that would only get better with some Michellin Pilots.

Regarding GM (Pontiac fit and finish), IMHO, they are doing a terrific job. They are building some of the stiffest chassis on the market and that has allowed them to close gaps to tolerances as good or better than the competition. Interior materials have taken a quantum leap in the past two years as well.

Pontiac is not just on the right track, they're back on the wide track!:D

sorry, couldn't resist

·
Registered
178 Posts
Av8rdan said:
Last night, I met my new Mistress. She is sleek, elegant, hot as hell, curvy in all the right places, fast, and likes to play around. She is Solstice. I have been eyeing the S2000 for a while, and have yet to find a good performance comparison 'tween the Pontiac and Honda. Anyone got that info, would be helpful.

Also, I have had rotten luck through the years with GM quality..anyone know if they are getting things dialed in with the Solstice regarding fit and finish and overall dependability? I used to think bad things about Chrysler until I bought my wife a PT Cruiser, and it is a damn tight little car...no doubt from the Mercedes influence.

Oh, and don't tell my wife I have a mistress...I want to keep this liason discreet...until she sees it in the garage!
If you thought it looked nice on TV or in the pictures, wait to see it in person. It looks 1000 times better live.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts