Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some pictures too, but i wanted to get the short AIFF sound file uploaded....but apparently can't do it. it is not a file type supported by the manage attachments. 'putfile' doesn't take it either. is anybody interested in having it in an email so they can convert into an acceptable file type...i'll dig a little more in the meantime

·
Registered
162 Posts
I would love to have asound file>

·
Registered
905 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
just sent you a PM. send it to me over AIM or through email. I'll convert it and get it up.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
If no one else can get this up or hosted, post or PM me and I'll get it up.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
brentil pm'ed you. pm me back with an email that i can attach sound files. i've converted to .wav and mp3 and original is AIFF. just can't find a service to host the audio file.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I've upped it to some of my web space for now.

I also did a little editing, enjoy! ;) (and yes, he sure did!)

RIGHT CLICK, SAVE AS

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I like what I hear! Thanks alot, cdb and dori-san! :cheers:

·
Registered
263 Posts
I can hear what one of the test drivers mention in his article. The intake sound is louder than the exhaust note at higher rpms. You may want to upgrade to the factory cat-back exhaust right away. My guess is that Pontiac needed a cheap way to get the extra 7 hp over over the Sky's 170 hp, and did so with a modified performance intake with less restriction. Just a guess though.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Actually the bump from 170 to 177 was their decision to use premium gasoline.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Kind of a nice, throaty, low-pitched rumble - I like it :cool:

I just don't understand that high-pitch, buzzy sound the kids are into these days :willy:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Here are the AIFF, wav, and MP3 versions;
http://solstice.inner-ninja.com/cdb/

dori-san said:
Actually the bump from 170 to 177 was their decision to use premium gasoline.
Actually I don't think we know that for sure or not. The car might have been using 91+ octane before too.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Primus said:
sounded like a mix between a lawn mower and a dirt bike .
Unless that was supposed to be a joke :confused: you may want to invest in some better speakers ;)

·
Dragon Rider
1,071 Posts
Delnari said:
The intake sound is louder than the exhaust note at higher rpms. You may want to upgrade to the factory cat-back exhaust right away.
Good sound! :yesnod: Sounds the same as from the Kendra victory commercial. Have pre-ordered cat-back(see sig.)

·
Registered
316 Posts
I like it. But I still may have to get a cat-back.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
SolsticeWolf said:
Good sound! :yesnod: Sounds the same as from the Kendra victory commercial. Have pre-ordered cat-back(see sig.)
Where does one get the splash guards and the cat-back? And what would a cat-back actually do? The sound doesn't excite me. It seems a bit rattley (sp?) on the rev up - like some pieces of metal banging around somewhere. This is what the car should sound like:

http://www2.us.porsche.com/english/usa/carreragt/modelinformation/experience/sounds/default.htm

Maybe I can use the Monsoon speakers to play the Porsche sound file when driving the Solstice! :lol:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts