Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean't to post this SO long ago but just kept putting it off and now many people have their cars.
And to those people I apologize, because this cannot apply to you now.

I feel that this needed to be posted separate of the "tunes thread."
Because it needs more attention than just another post to be passed up.

Disclaimer: Mods, what I am going to do here may not exactly be the legalest thing I could do... but I've done what I can to help remedy that situation. I do not condone illegal activity whatsoever. ;) I am going to post a link to a full 3 minute song hosted on my own space. However, to 1) make it accessible to even those on dial-up and 2) make it so I'm not really distributing music I have downgraded the quality drastically. I made it the lowest quality my software would allow, yeilding an entire song in mp3 with a filesize <800kb. It still sounds okay enough to get my point across, but not to the point where anyone would want to burn it and listen to it or anything.

I am inviting everyone to hear this song so you can understand where I'm coming from and what this song signifies to me. This is THE very first song I will listen to in my Solstice and I implore you all to do the same because it is very, VERY appropriate! I am simply providing a full length sample, because anywhere you go to listen to music samples you will get 30 seconds at best and I have decided that 30 seconds is not adaquate enough to fully appreciate the greatness of this song. Upon hearing it you can acquire the song however you feel necessary. I will provide a link to the CD on Amazon.com for those who wish to purchase the album.

And so, without further adieu...

I invite you all to listen to a song originally done by Daft Punk, an electronic group.
The original song is entitled Too Long. This, however, is the Gonzales Version.

Too Long (Gonzales Version) can be found as track 11 on the CD "Daft Club." [Amazon Link]




Here is the song for everyone to enjoy: right click, save as PLEASE help conserve my bandwidth!


And while you're waiting for it to download (if it even takes that long, at it's size) here are the lyrics to whet your appetite:


Daft Punk - Too Long (Gonzales Version) said:
It's been much too long, I feel it coming on. The feelin is getting strong.
It's been much too long, I feel it coming on. The feelin's in my bones.

Too long, can you feel it? Too long, can you feel it? Toooooooo loooong.

At last the long wait is over, the weight is off my shoulder. I'm taking all control.
My mind.. my mind is set so free. I'm where I want to be, to get the best of me.

Too long, can you feel it? Too long, can you feel it? Toooooooo loooong.

You know you need it, I need it too. You know you need it, it's good for you.
You know you need it, I need it too. You know you need it, cause it's good for you.

Aaaahhhh...
Toooooooo loooong. Toooooooo loooong. Tooooooooooooooo loooooooooong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Distance is my 3rd song.

Too Long is first, while letting the engine warm up. Eyes closed, soaking in my Solstice reality.
Then, the first song while driving has to be Club Foot. (just to get the theme song out of the way)
And then Cake! Followed by Red Barchetta, and then possibly "Song 2" to really get things going. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
dori-san said:
The Distance is my 3rd song.

Too Long is first, while letting the engine warm up. Eyes closed, soaking in my Solstice reality.
Then, the first song while driving has to be Club Foot. (just to get the theme song out of the way)
And then Cake! Followed by Red Barchetta, and then possibly "Song 2" to really get things going. ;)
Song 2 is a homage to WOO WOO, right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You've heard that? :lol: LOL! Actually I was planning on using the original.

Also considering: Born to be Wild, Magic Carpet Ride, Can't Drive 55, and Kravitz's 'Fly Away.'
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
729 Posts
dori-san said:
........Followed by Red Barchetta
Awesome!! If I can ever be guaranteed to get a Solstice, this will be my first song!! The greatness of RUSH.........

- bspate -
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Could it be possible to discuss the SUBJECT of this thread? Has anyone even listened?

There's already a "talk about any random song" thread, this one is more specific!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
dori-san said:
Could it be possible to discuss the SUBJECT of this thread? Has anyone even listened?

There's already a "talk about any random song" thread, this one is more specific!
Maybe some forum members need some ritalin. There seems to be some attention deficit disorder going on here! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
292 Posts
dori-san said:
Could it be possible to discuss the SUBJECT of this thread? Has anyone even listened?

There's already a "talk about any random song" thread, this one is more specific!
OK, I listened to it. Didn't like it. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Not my first choice in songs to play when we get our Sol. I'm thinking more like Fuel from Metallica!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
Sydney said:
OK, I listened to it. Didn't like it. :)
:glol:

However, it's very appropriate... :willy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
At least we're discussing the subject now.

Can anyone tell me WHY you don't like it?

I figure that a nice piano piece/acapella while the car is warming up should settle the nerves and prepare you for the ride you have been waiting so long for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
I think it just seems a bit too mellow for when you first get the car. I'm sure most people will be psyched about getting the car (heart racing) and would be looking for something that would match the mood a bit better. I'm thinking I may want to come up with a playlist that will that will start out with some upbeat, fast-paced songs for the drive and then gradually mellow out into some "cool down" time as I'm getting ready to park it. Then, maybe the song you mentioned would be a bit more appropriate for the time when you pull the car into the garage at the end of the day, turn it off and kick back for a few minutes before you actually get out and head inside for bed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
This thread has SARS.

Counting Crows for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
I was thinking about playing a Dream Theater epic... like the 24 minute masterpiece "A Change of Seasons", followed by the 25 minute progressive fare "Octavarium"... and maybe come to a close with the sensory-overload of the 42 minute magnum opus "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".

*sigh* I love my Dream Theater.

...but I will still start with The Distance by Cake, as should you all!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
SlySol said:
I think it just seems a bit too mellow for when you first get the car. I'm sure most people will be psyched about getting the car (heart racing) and would be looking for something that would match the mood a bit better. I'm thinking I may want to come up with a playlist that will that will start out with some upbeat, fast-paced songs for the drive and then gradually mellow out into some "cool down" time as I'm getting ready to park it. Then, maybe the song you mentioned would be a bit more appropriate for the time when you pull the car into the garage at the end of the day, turn it off and kick back for a few minutes before you actually get out and head inside for bed.
I actually have been thinking lately that the 2001: A Space Odyssey version of Also Sprach Zarathustra might be a good warmup song. The Deodato version would really get you going, too.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top