Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first Pontiac Solstice GXP last Friday finally. The last time I posted something here was I was doing some information about getting one.

Now I finally bought it and yeah its pretty cool car.

Do you know if that button that controls the dash lighting suppose to light up when your headlights are turned on?

I am indeed getting the factory spoiler and the XM radio little plastic antenna as well..

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
18,091 Posts
Welcome. The pictured car has the xm antenna mounted. The shark fin is for OnStar. If you car does not have OnStar boxe then that would need to be added. Unless its just for looks which is perfectly ok with me. :)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Welcome and Congrat's

·
Registered
382 Posts
Nice car congratulations I like the color. I think if I would have done it all over I would have gone with the racing green and tan top. But I was into yellow 13 years ago LOL.

·
Registered
06 solstice sliver.wicked coupe,dirtbike,4wheeler
2,097 Posts
welcome and have fun both in the car and on the site. I upgraded to gxp last month. 3 sols& no brains...oops I meant no parking left.

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
907 Posts
Welcome... great looking GXP! :cool:

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
3,371 Posts
Nice car and welcome to the owners club!
Looks like you have aftermarket brake rotors, and I am unfamiliar with the badge behind the drivers side pontiac arrow on your fender. Hard to tell from the photo...

PS> As Rob mentioned above, the fin that sticks out of the XM nub on your trunk is for OnStar. I am pretty sure OnStar is discontinued for our cars with the migration from 3G. Others here with more knowledge can speak to that but I believe that is the current scenario...

·
Registered
2007 Solstice GXP Mysterious
666 Posts
Looks like you have aftermarket brake rotors, and I am unfamiliar with the badge behind the drivers side pontiac arrow on your fender. Hard to tell from the photo...

PS> As Rob mentioned above, the fin that sticks out of the XM nub on your trunk is for OnStar. I am pretty sure OnStar is discontinued for our cars with the migration from 3G. Others here with more knowledge can speak to that but I believe that is the current scenario...
It's a GXP badge. I hope you're wrong about the OnStar; if not, they owe me a pile of money.
The green is very, very cool. Cooler than when I had it on my TrailBlazer.

·
Registered
389 Posts
It's a GXP badge. I hope you're wrong about the OnStar; if not, they owe me a pile of money.
The green is very, very cool. Cooler than when I had it on my TrailBlazer.

Never seen a gxp badge on the fender.

You may have had a software update that allows partial use of onstar. If it works now you might be OK because it was my understanding that the 3G stuff was supposed to go away in February.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

The GXP badges on the side was installed by the previous owner. I will remove them eventually... I noticed it too when I looked at the car for the first time and I said to myself WTF are those doing there.. lol

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
3,371 Posts
If you remove the badge, i have had excellent results with sliding dental floss behind them to separate the 2-sided tape from the badge and not damaging the badge or paint on the car.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts