Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealership just called me and informed me that my vehicle was at 3800 and produced!!

He gave me VIN# 101690.

Just to help everyone with leadtimes--
I placed my order May 21,2005 and was 1st ordered and first allocation for the car.

What a way to go since I was having a hard day at the plant.

·
Registered
284 Posts
so does this mean that they're actually producing 1st allocation vehicles now??

·
Registered
182 Posts
simmonsmb said:
thats what it means.......or at least it seems to be so

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
simmonsmb said:
Yah. You can have your first allocation Solstice in any color you like, so long as it is Deep.

·
Registered
284 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Yah. You can have your first allocation Solstice in any color you like, so long as it is Deep.
blast!!! I knew I should have ordered the Deep instead of the Cool!! I just had to go for silver since I already have a blue car... :willy:

·
Registered
905 Posts
When did your order get pulled? I'm trying to get a feel for when mine might get built. All 3 of my dealer's 1st allocation were pulled the same day on 8/9.

·
Registered
149 Posts
WantMySoltice said:
My dealership just called me and informed me that my vehicle was at 3800 and produced!!

He gave me VIN# 101690.

Just to help everyone with leadtimes--
I placed my order May 21,2005 and was 1st ordered and first allocation for the car.

What a way to go since I was having a hard day at the plant.

Did your dealer give you an estimate of how long after production before the car would be ready to ship.....curious

·
Registered
269 Posts
CanSol

simmonsmb said:
blast!!! I knew I should have ordered the Deep instead of the Cool!! I just had to go for silver since I already have a blue car... :willy:

Mine is "Sly" and was a second allocation car but got moved up because of order problems with the unit ahead of mine. It is due to arrive in Vancouver around the end of this month.
Yes they are building and shipping first allocation vehicles.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tgadoury said:
Did your dealer give you an estimate of how long after production before the car would be ready to ship.....curious

He said that he thinks that I will have it in a few weeks.

I told him to read the Solstice Forum site from members who have waited too long for there cars to be shipped.

I am expecting it in around mid to late October but I will take it sooner.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
WantMySoltice said:
He gave me VIN# 101690.
Hey, I just took a close look at your VIN number.

I believe first allocation cars started up with a VIN somewhere around 100700 or 100800. So that would mean almost 1000 FM, ZZ and regular allocation cars have been built. Yeah! Keep 'em coming GM!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I put down a deposit in February, and ordered mine in April...

...and you ordered your a month later, and yours is on its way?

That makes me kinda angry.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fortimir said:
I put down a deposit in February, and ordered mine in April...

...and you ordered your a month later, and yours is on its way?

That makes me kinda angry.

Sorry to hear that. Have you called the GM hot line to check on it? Or have Small Dealer run your VOM number to see where its at.

I wonder if there taken in order or by some other method like locations?

GM works in mysterious ways.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
dengel said:
Hey, I just took a close look at your VIN number.

I believe first allocation cars started up with a VIN somewhere around 100700 or 100800. So that would mean almost 1000 FM, ZZ and regular allocation cars have been built. Yeah! Keep 'em coming GM!
Yep ! But where is yours dengel, your due.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
WantMySoltice said:
He said that he thinks that I will have it in a few weeks.

I told him to read the Solstice Forum site from members who have waited too long for there cars to be shipped.

I am expecting it in around mid to late October but I will take it sooner.
Isn't it great that this forum has actually helped to LOWER our expectations?

I, for one, would be going absolutely insane if it weren't for this forum. In fact, my wife remarked yesterday that we would have cancelled the whole thing long ago if it weren't for the info we've found here. :grouphug:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.