Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so this is a bit of a story, and I'm really excited right now, so here we go.

I'm sitting having coffee with one of my buddies and he mentions that he saw my new car today in the next town over parked in someones driveway. Now I know my friends don't really know much about the car or even really what it looks like so I asked him if he was sure and he said "well I haven't seen that car before and I'm sure it was a Solstice". So I said "take me to it!".

So we go to the next town and pull up to the house where he said he saw it and sure enough there it is!! There is a guy outside so I get out of my car and walk up to him and start admiring the car. I asked him if it was his and he said yeah, and then I asked him how he got it and he said he was an engineer from Detroit up visiting because he's off for shutdown. I introduced myself and told him my sob story of how I ordered in March and haven't ever driven it or even had a ride in it. Then I said "Look, I know this is weird and you don't even know me, but what would you say if I asked for a ride?" He thought about it for a second, cause it was kinda weird, but then he said sure!! I was so god damn happy!

I rode in it for a total of 5 minutes, he tore up and down a few roads, and took a corner at like 80 km/h!! The thing handles like a go-kart he said, and I could tell, it STUCK to the road. The one thing I really wanted to hear was the exaust note and I was really impressed. It's DEEP and throaty! They did a good job! I didn't play with anything cause the guy was nice enough to give me a ride, and I didn't want to be a pest. The acceleration was quick, but I wouldn't call it fast. We all assumed that much anyhow. He did squawk the tires from first to second.

So anyway, i'm happy and I have again reaffirmed my purchase. To all those who are wavering, all I have to say is stick with it, you'll not be dissapointed!

BTW, it was silver with cloth and painted rims.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
What were your impressions of the cloth? Did it seem like it'll be pretty durable?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Wow, good for you Slip :thumbs:

Thanks for bringing us the report. Tell us your impressions of the painted rims (not many have even seen them yet).

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I'm I'm defintely interested in your thoughts on the cloth and painted rims as well since I got both.

:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
dori-san said:
ditto.

great story by the way. I wish I could see a Sol. :(
I've personally only seen the car once. I was at the Orlando IAS and they had one on the raised/slanted platform. It was definetely awesome too look at, but I really still don't feel I know what the car really looks like. Sitting up higher then me where I couldn't touch it/sit in it kinda made it not seem real.

My dealer got 1 EOP car, which should be the only car arriving before mine. I've been debating calling my dealer and asking to let me know when that car arrives so I can at least go see it in person. If the owners really nice, maybe even sit in it. :D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let me tell you, I loved the cloth. It was so comfortable I almost wish I saved myself $2000 and didn't get leather. The seats hug you and keep you snug. They are somewhat stiff, but in a good way.

It was night time. So I don't really have an impression of the painted rims. They looked nice, but then anything would look nice in 18".

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Saw it several times at shows too but seeing it on the road is much better :thumbs: Only saw it on the road that one time out back of the NY show...haven't seen any of the test cars in my neck of the wood yet. :blueangel

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
brentil said:
I've personally only seen the car once. I was at the Orlando IAS and they had one on the raised/slanted platform. It was definetely awesome too look at, but I really still don't feel I know what the car really looks like. Sitting up higher then me where I couldn't touch it/sit in it kinda made it not seem real.

My dealer got 1 EOP car, which should be the only car arriving before mine. I've been debating calling my dealer and asking to let me know when that car arrives so I can at least go see it in person. If the owners really nice, maybe even sit in it. :D
Nix is a 1K and I'll likely get a ride in his car before mine gets in, maybe he'll let me drive it. :D

On another note, my dealer only got one EOP and they said that he's a friend of the dealership and he agreed to leave the car at the dealership for the first week so they can have it in their showroom. What a nice guy, I sure wouldn't leave my brand new car that I've been eagerly awaiting at the dealer for a week after it's delivered. I'll be there ASAP to take my car away!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
:thumbs:

Thanks for the great story - the site has been a little dry since Big John's thread ran it course.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Tr6

I just left you a message regarding your post. I look forward to your call back!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.