Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys sorry I know some people waiting will be pissed but the dealer down the road called yesterday .... He got 1 sol in and the guy he ordered it for couldnt take deliver of it.....And he was calling 50+ people it was a race to get their first and I must thank my wife for being the fastest one off the starting line.... And getting there first....If it wasnt for her I wouldnt be making this post...

And here it is Vin 1770

http://tomscar.com/sol/index.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
3X Dude said:
Hey guys sorry I know some people waiting will be pissed but the dealer down the road called yesterday .... He got 1 sol in and the guy he ordered it for couldnt take deliver of it.....And he was calling 50+ people it was a race to get their first and I must thank my wife for being the fastest one off the starting line.... And getting there first....If it wasnt for her I wouldnt be making this post...

And here it is Vin 1770

http://tomscar.com/sol/index.html
CONGRATS !!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,143 Posts
very nice pic's :thumbs:

OK - gives us the basics: how many miles when you picked it up, where are you and how much of a premium did you give?

Happy Motoring

:seeya:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Congratulations!!! :party: I have to wait a couple more weeks, I went to the dealer yesterday, and the manager is going to trace 'my' car and try and tell me ahead of time what day it should be here...he gave me a paper with all the info on the car including the vin, but its still first come first serve, but he told me it would be mine because I am the most excited about the car, everyone else is asking him more mechanical questions and not really 'into' the car like I am...but who knows....I'm tryin....... I told him I would meet the train!! :) I'm so wound up over this!!! grrr

HAVE FUN IN YOUR BABY!!!!!
 

·
LOST SOL
Joined
·
4,675 Posts
Ybh8n?

Great Pics :thumbs:

Congrats :party:

One curious note ... I always wondered why people black out their tags in photos; however, thousands see it every day in their daily life. :confused: Also, many are proud to post their personalized tags, which are much easier to remember. ;) (Just an observation)

Too bad the Sol doesn't come with the "James Bond" tag feature. ;) :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
Congrats! Now tell her to slow down, don't want a speeding ticket. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
BrnEyzR1 said:
Congratulations!!! :party: I have to wait a couple more weeks, I went to the dealer yesterday, and the manager is going to trace 'my' car and try and tell me ahead of time what day it should be here...he gave me a paper with all the info on the car including the vin, but its still first come first serve, but he told me it would be mine because I am the most excited about the car, everyone else is asking him more mechanical questions and not really 'into' the car like I am...but who knows....I'm tryin....... I told him I would meet the train!! :) I'm so wound up over this!!! grrr

HAVE FUN IN YOUR BABY!!!!!
I'll bet this dealer is salivating over the premium he is going to rake in on this deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Congrats. When you described how you got the car, images of the Amazing Race popped into my head. Also the interior color scheme matches the exterior nicely. Enjoy man.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Congratulations....and those are GREAT pictures. Really shows the car off! It's just plain gorgeous!!

:party:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MSG_McKee said:
Great Pics :thumbs:

Congrats :party:

One curious note ... I always wondered why people black out their tags in photos; however, thousands see it every day in their daily life. :confused: Also, many are proud to post their personalized tags, which are much easier to remember. ;) (Just an observation)

Too bad the Sol doesn't come with the "James Bond" tag feature. ;) :lol:

Well #1 I am a very well known person in the internet world
and I pretty much need to keep that part quite..... Thats my reason....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sol2 said:
Congrats. When you described how you got the car, images of the Amazing Race popped into my head. Also the interior color scheme matches the exterior nicely. Enjoy man.
Oh god I love that movie
:) yeah it was totally like that to there were 4 other people that came in within 10 min. of her getting there.....
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,600 Posts
Congrats on the Big Score! Beautiful pics, too.

You guys are making it VERY hard to wait for my GXP!!!! :willy: :banghead: :smash:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Congrats. You are lucky. I called 20 different dealers that had Solstice's listed on Autotrader. They all said that it was presold. So I ask why is it listed on Autotrader, and they said it automatically goes to Autotrader(which is stupid!!). One salesman said, "What is Autotrader?" LOL. I bought an 04 Pontiac GTO Friday. Maybe I'll get a Solstice next time. Enjoy.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,464 Posts
Congratulations, enjoy your new ride, the pictures are GREAT. :party:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,592 Posts
3X Dude said:
Hey guys sorry I know some people waiting will be pissed but the dealer down the road called yesterday .... He got 1 sol in and the guy he ordered it for couldnt take deliver of it.....And he was calling 50+ people it was a race to get their first and I must thank my wife for being the fastest one off the starting line.... And getting there first....If it wasnt for her I wouldnt be making this post...

And here it is Vin 1770

http://tomscar.com/sol/index.html
Just courious, but I see you, like me, are from Ohio. Can you say where and or who your dealer is? A certain Dealer of North Dayton is playing sort the game you got lucky on, and I for one think it's total B.S. From the way the Salesman told us, there are no orders for people wanting cars. The owner is ordering all allocations the way he wants. When the cars show up they are basically calling people at random who left their names and saying "We've got one, if you want it you better get here fast." That's the stupidest way to sell a car I've ever heard of, and that's why we went elsewhere.

If you don't want to give your dealers name here, please PM me.

Thanks --- Bonzo
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
Congrats Tom, nice car.
MSG_McKee said:
Great Pics :thumbs:

Congrats :party:

One curious note ... I always wondered why people black out their tags in photos; however, thousands see it every day in their daily life. :confused: Also, many are proud to post their personalized tags, which are much easier to remember. ;) (Just an observation)

Too bad the Sol doesn't come with the "James Bond" tag feature. ;) :lol:
Usual reason is to prevent stalkers from using the miracle of teh internet to find where you live. There are a higher % of those on the web than in real life. Interesting note on his pics, the thumbnail shows the number and teh full size is blacked out so someone with the proper skills (and thw GI bill ;) ) could easily source the numbers from the thumbnail.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
Actually we are happy for anyone who gets a Solstice to enjoy it. It is only the people that want to turn a fast buck that we don't like.

I'm beginning to think I ordered one just so I could complain for six months. Getting a Solstice still seems like a dream.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,600 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
I'm beginning to think I ordered one just so I could complain for six months. Getting a Solstice still seems like a dream.
Waiting sucks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
achieftain said:
Congrats Tom, nice car.

Usual reason is to prevent stalkers from using the miracle of teh internet to find where you live. There are a higher % of those on the web than in real life. Interesting note on his pics, the thumbnail shows the number and teh full size is blacked out so someone with the proper skills (and thw GI bill ;) ) could easily source the numbers from the thumbnail.
Yeah i know man...... if they wanna find me that bad more power to'em...:)
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top