Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the Solstice.

I have owned several roadsters previously, in no particular order: 72 Triumph Spitfire, 77 MG Midget, 90 Miata, and a 96 Miata.

This will be a second car for me.

I put $1000 down several months ago.

I am exactly the customer that Pontiac was aiming for with this car.

I have only seen this car in pictures, and 90% of the information I have ever heard about it comes from this forum.

With all that being said, I am willing to wait as long as I have to to get one for my very own.

Unfortunately (or fortunate considering the headaches for most), I am not eligible for the EOP because I am US military stationed overseas.

I do get to try for one of the 30 allocations that OMCS (Overseas Military Car Sales) will receive in it's allocation. I get to : 1) Put down $1000 deposit 2) enter all my information 3) wait until the drawing on 4 May to see if I am selected.

Wish me luck.

Bottom line for me is that I WILL own a Solstice, only question is when. I figure if I was excited enough about the car from only one picture, and excited enough to "google" enough to get here, and excited enough to read through hundreds (thousands) of posts on the forum before I have even seen it in person let alone driven it, I am willing to wait AS LONG AS IT TAKES.

My condolences to all those who tried so hard to get an EOP, I hope that the regular allocation follows quick on the heels of the EOP delivery, and that the dealers will give you even better VIP treatment when your cars do arrive.

I love this car, I also love this forum because of the sense of community it has and the great information and lively discussions that take place here. You are the ones that make this place great, especially first 1000 members with the BIG AVATARS :) and over the next few days/weeks/months everything will get back to "normal" around here.

That was my "we're all in this together" pep talk. and group hug :grouphug:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I love the Solstice also. I will just wait it out until my dealer gets an allocation & my order goes through. I will just drive my 1970 Cutlass convert this year & hope for the Solstice next year. :)

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Good luck on getting your Solstice! Based on your past roadsters, I am sure you know your sports cars! It will be interesting to hear your opinion of the Solstice compared to your past 2 seaters after you get a chance to drive one. Best of luck on getting one while being overseas! :patriot:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of the blunt nose with the grills till I saw it in person. At that point any issues with the car were completely gone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts