Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just left a message for the GM Manager at my dealership to call me, he never did, so I called back. Told him my vin was #2965 and it was produced 10/11.He proceded to tell me that he might keep mine for his floor and let me have the next one in??? Didn't I build my car, and isn't this my vin? I'm ready to give up! Very upset! Whatever.! Marla
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
385 Posts
Just do this

Call GM, any dealers associations and the newspapers and TV stations on this clown. Tell them he would never do this if a man had ordered the car and that he is trying to take advantage of a woman. After the potential of negative publicity is in front of this guy he will think again, heck, tell him you will post his dealership's name on this site's "do not do business with" list. Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might if this doesn't get set straight.

If I'm not mistaken someone else here ordered one from Van Devere in Akron,Ohio also.I'll have to look on the list. Marla
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
***Patience is a virtue***

mogo said:
Just left a message for the GM Manager at my dealership to call me, he never did, so I called back. Told him my vin was #2965 and it was produced 10/11.He proceded to tell me that he might keep mine for his floor and let me have the next one in??? Didn't I build my car, and isn't this my vin? I'm ready to give up! Very upset! Whatever.! Marla
*********************************************************
From reading other threads it's looking like another Qaulity Control Issue has
surfaced at the Wilmington plant and the lot is packed with 800+ Solstices. Mine is there also, and I'm sure quite a few produced before ours. I really would'nt be worried about the car for another 3 or 4 weeks. It would take that long even if everthing was at full tilt. He said he (might keep the car),
that was obviously his way of telling you to relax. We all want our cars before the weather changes, but odds are that's not going to happen. Wait a few days and email him explaining your concerns over the Q.C.I. (water leaks) and show interest in the situation. :yesnod:
*********************************************************
SLY--everything except XM, Onstar & smokers pkg.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Can they do that?

Now that's just bizarre! I have to admire the singular way your dealer appears(by this one-sided testimony) to operate without the encumbrances of guilt, morality, ethics, anything. Just "I think I'll keep your car." like that eh? That gives balls a bad name.

Well, if negotiations fail, and you are entirely in the "right", they say that picketing the dealership helps. After filing the required local paperwork and standing in front of the dealership with a sign saying something legally correct like "X Pontiac won't sell me my Solstice!", the matter will probably reach some kind of hastily negotiated end. Mentioning the Solstice would destroy any free advertising they hoped to steal from you. Or, you might get sued I suppose. Pretty outrageous situation either way, though. Don't be afraid to have detailed, honest discussions with the management.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
mogo said:
Just left a message for the GM Manager at my dealership to call me, he never did, so I called back. Told him my vin was #2965 and it was produced 10/11.He proceded to tell me that he might keep mine for his floor and let me have the next one in??? Didn't I build my car, and isn't this my vin? I'm ready to give up! Very upset! Whatever.! Marla
Incidentally, It makes sadistic sense for dealers to try to frustrate you out of the vehicle if they are on paper for a near MSRP price. The interest could be in running you away (but you won't let that happen) from the beautiful, sweet Solstice. They can turn around and mark up the crap out of the car and sell it a normal "a fool and his money are soon parted" market pric, which are way over MSRP in many locations. I love the free market, but I also love it when agreements are honored. I wish you the best of outcomes- fight the power!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Call Pontiac's National Customer Service #......

Call the Pontiac toll free number and tell your story (check other threads for the number). GM can put some minor pressure on this "Scum Bucket Dealer". Your VIN # is associated with a paid order via a deposit, that's the only way your dealer received this car. You didn't just get the VIN # through "Airial Extraction". The VIN # was assigned to you and the way you ordered your car. Keep the forum posted on what happens. :yesnod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm calling first thing tomorrow!

Thanks everyone. I guess I'm just also upset because I have to turn my lease on November 10th, Oh well,,,,,,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
mogo said:
Just left a message for the GM Manager at my dealership to call me, he never did, so I called back. Told him my vin was #2965 and it was produced 10/11.He proceded to tell me that he might keep mine for his floor and let me have the next one in??? Didn't I build my car, and isn't this my vin? I'm ready to give up! Very upset! Whatever.! Marla
This is unbelievable....I have to assume that you do have some signed paperwork from your dealer and/or your deposit receipt? If you do, there is no way they can legally get out of the deal....something doesn't add up here :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, I have the receipt!

I'm calling now! I'll keep ya posted!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just talked to the owner of the dealership!!!

It gets better. He said they are going to "Keep" my car when it arrives ,on their showroom floor until another allocation comes in to replace mine!!! I'm speechless right now! How long could that be, months!! GGGRRRRR!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
mogo said:
It gets better. He said they are going to "Keep" my car when it arrives ,on their showroom floor until another allocation comes in to replace mine!!! I'm speechless right now! How long could that be, months!! GGGRRRRR!
I don't see how they can do this. I would call Pontiac HQ.

I would like to hear SD's take on this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
mogo said:
It gets better. He said they are going to "Keep" my car when it arrives ,on their showroom floor until another allocation comes in to replace mine!!! I'm speechless right now! How long could that be, months!! GGGRRRRR!
As someone said, I would go with the TV route, they have the consumer complaint people that say there on your side.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
mogo said:
It gets better. He said they are going to "Keep" my car when it arrives ,on their showroom floor until another allocation comes in to replace mine!!! I'm speechless right now! How long could that be, months!! GGGRRRRR!
Call Pontiac HQ and call them now. Try to remain calm on the phone with them. Describe the situation, that your car is built and ready to ship. But your dealer has threatened not to deliver it to you when it arrives, and instead keep it in his showroom until he receives a second.

If you have a signed sales contract, tell them about it too.

I would hope that they would contact the dealer for you and straighten the issue out.

I'd do this before involving the media, as that may put you into a different situation as far as GM is concerned. At least try and give GM a chance to rectify it with the dealer.

I wonder if the dealer isn't trying to get you to become fed up and walk away, so he can turn a bigger profit on the car by turning around and selling to someone else who will pay more than he has agreed to sell the car to you for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Call Pontiac HQ and call them now. Try to remain calm on the phone with them. Describe the situation, that your car is built and ready to ship. But your dealer has threatened not to deliver it to you when it arrives, and instead keep it in his showroom until he receives a second.

If you have a signed sales contract, tell them about it too.

I would hope that they would contact the dealer for you and straighten the issue out.

I'd do this before involving the media, as that may put you into a different situation as far as GM is concerned. At least try and give GM a chance to rectify it with the dealer.

I wonder if the dealer isn't trying to get you to become fed up and walk away, so he can turn a bigger profit on the car by turning around and selling to someone else who will pay more than he has agreed to sell the car to you for.
:agree:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My Dealer just called after I...

Told them that my uncle is the Muninciple Judge for Akron ,and that our family has worked with the dealrship for some 70 years,all of a sudden he called me back and said that my car won't be held hostage after all because they are going to be receiving 4 or 5 of their allocations all at once when the quality thing is pulled.So mine won"t be held. Amazing who you know huh? BS!! BS!! BS!! Thanks everyone! Marla
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
mogo said:
Told them that my uncle is the Muninciple Judge for Akron ,and that our family has worked with the dealrship for some 70 years,all of a sudden he called me back and said that my car won't be held hostage after all because they are going to be receiving 4 or 5 of their allocations all at once when the quality thing is pulled.So mine won"t be held. Amazing who you know huh? BS!! BS!! BS!! Thanks everyone! Marla
Whew! :) Excellent to hear about the "startling" turn of events. So, when do you pick 'er up? Aggressive is the best, of course.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,053 Posts
mogo said:
Told them that my uncle is the Muninciple Judge for Akron ,and that our family has worked with the dealrship for some 70 years,all of a sudden he called me back and said that my car won't be held hostage after all because they are going to be receiving 4 or 5 of their allocations all at once when the quality thing is pulled.So mine won"t be held. Amazing who you know huh? BS!! BS!! BS!! Thanks everyone! Marla
Well, that's one way to get results. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,664 Posts
That was good news, mogo!

My mistake was not getting a signed sales order when I gave Champion Pontiac of North Houston my deposit in February or when the order was actually placed on April 15. I counted on them being an honorable company, boy was I WRONG! Just a bunch of crooks, charged me $3000 over MSRP. After waiting 8 months, I was told take it or leave it. I took it.

May I suggest to everyone for now and for ever more: get a signed order with an agreed price, or you might get taken for a bunch.

Champion Pontiac of North Houston: are you listening? YOU ARE SCUM!

.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top