·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Dear Mr. Frost,

Thank you for contacting the Pontiac Customer Assistance Center. I appreciate you taking the time to write us in regards to the Pontiac Solstice that you ordered.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause, however because you are in the military, and working with our Military Sales Department, I recommend that you contact them at 1-800-669-1867. As an alternative, you may also contact out Pontiac Solstice Early Order Program Headquarters at 1-866-539-0256.

Again, I am sorry that this center is not able to completely assist you with your concerns.

If you should need to contact us in the future and are inside the United States, simply reply to this message or call our Pontiac Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-762-2737. Customer Relationship Managers are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time. If you are stationed overseas, please visit our website and under the "Contact Us" section and choose the country that you are in.

Again, thank you for contacting Pontiac.

Sincerely,

Wendy A. Grassmann
Customer Relationship Manager
Pontiac Customer Assistance Center

For more information regarding the maintenance and care of your vehicle, please visit https://www.mygmlink.com/main/US/en/gm/home?cmp=occallctr. This free online service offers vehicle and ownership-related information and tools tailored to your specific Pontiac.
Wow, a form letter. . . way to go GM!!!

Better yet, they kindly provided the phone number for Exchange New Car Sales, the same group that GM pulled all the allocations from.

Is GM turning anti-military? Or just stupid?

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
I will see your form letter and TOP it with a :yawn: you need to "call Baghdad" letter :willy: I attached my oriiginal email that I sent to the Pontiac "Quick Response Team" I was pretty specific in pointing out my situation and what I wanted answered. However, you decide if they blew me off, or not ... "You make the call" :lol: DID THEY EVEN READ MY EMAIL? :confused:
================================================================
Dear Mr. Mckee,

Thank you for contacting the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center. I
appreciate your email.

Because the ENCS is stationed in Baghdad, I will be unable to assist
you in contacting them. Here is the email address for them.
[email protected] And here is the phone number 800-669-1867.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and appreciate
your cooperation so that we may assist you better.

Sincerely,

Jason Murphy
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center

-----Original Message----
Sent: 9/9/05 6:26:58 AM

Comments : Hello,
I am an Army soldier currently serving in Iraq and was one of the soldiers that the Exchange New Car Sales (ENCS) program (in Baghdad) oversold cars (06 Solstices) to. I understand that it was not GMs fault, but they told me that GM is not going to sell any future Solstices (2007) through the ENCS program. I wanted to see if this was true and if so, then why GM is doing so? The ability for us to reserve a Sol, while in Iraq , really was a morale booster; however, I was surprised to see that we were allowed such a small allotment. I will not be home, until Pontiac is caught up on production and I do not see why GM cannot work out a deal to sell the Solstice to the soldiers in Iraq. If not Pontiac, then how about selling the Saturn Sky through the ENCS? Thanks foryour time.

MSG Steven L. McKee, USA, Baqubah, Iraq

PS: My mailing address

===================================
Thanks Pontiac, GM, and Jason :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
I will see your form letter and TOP it with a :yawn: you need to "call Baghdad" letter :willy: I attached my oriiginal email that I sent to the Pontiac "Quick Response Team" I was pretty specific in pointing out my situation and what I wanted answered. However, you decide if they blew me off, or not ... "You make the call" :lol: DID THEY EVEN READ MY EMAIL? :confused:
================================================================
Dear Mr. Mckee,

Thank you for contacting the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center. I
appreciate your email.

Because the ENCS is stationed in Baghdad, I will be unable to assist
you in contacting them. Here is the email address for them.
[email protected] And here is the phone number 800-669-1867.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and appreciate
your cooperation so that we may assist you better.

Sincerely,

Jason Murphy
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center

-----Original Message----
Sent: 9/9/05 6:26:58 AM

Comments : Hello,
I am an Army soldier currently serving in Iraq and was one of the soldiers that the Exchange New Car Sales (ENCS) program (in Baghdad) oversold cars (06 Solstices) to. I understand that it was not GMs fault, but they told me that GM is not going to sell any future Solstices (2007) through the ENCS program. I wanted to see if this was true and if so, then why GM is doing so? The ability for us to reserve a Sol, while in Iraq , really was a morale booster; however, I was surprised to see that we were allowed such a small allotment. I will not be home, until Pontiac is caught up on production and I do not see why GM cannot work out a deal to sell the Solstice to the soldiers in Iraq. If not Pontiac, then how about selling the Saturn Sky through the ENCS? Thanks foryour time.

MSG Steven L. McKee, USA, Baqubah, Iraq

PS: My mailing address

===================================
Thanks Pontiac, GM, and Jason :thumbs:

Looks like they read your letter, and used a "fortune teller" methodology to reply. i.e. taking bits of what you said (ENCS bhagdad) and regurgitating them to make it seem like they had a clue what was going on.

I sure hope we get a reasonable explanation from somebody with a clue about this. But I'm not holding my breath. What I expect instead is either a rediculous lawyer-groomed double-speak announcement that attempts to put a pro-military spin on this, or something that plainly shows they are trying to look out for their investors (read: bottom-line) by screwing their customer base... you know... same old GM.

As a result, look for Toyota to gain even more GM customers. Say, does Toyota participate in the ENCS program? Hope they do by the time I'm stationed in Europe!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2KWK4U said:
Say, does Toyota participate in the ENCS program? Hope they do by the time I'm stationed in Europe!
Funny you mention that, 2KWK4U.

Actually most of the Japanese manufacturers have offices outside the major US military bases overseas so they can offer US-spec models to servicemembers. BMW even offers discounts (since the end of WWII). If you are looking for a Toyota, Mazda, Missan, Volvo, Land Rover, etc., you will be well taken care of.

If you want a GM product, you have Opel (or Vauxhall here in UK), but they are euro-spec and the prices are crap.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
I believe that ENCS is trying to only sell "American" cars, but with GM pulling out they are really limiting the market to the soldiers overseas. They do not offer the Crossfire and I do not want the PT Cruiser. I hope they will expand their car choices, in the near future. :leaving:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts