Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from this car but can't do it. Have had an 06 for nearly 4 years and have a little under 40k miles. So far she has beaten me up for: passenger seat airbag sensor, both inner fender liners, water pump (2x), cam shaft actuator, misc plastic top bits, rear wheel bearings, brakes, clutch throw out bearing, multifunction stalk and now she is showing an ABS and Check Engine light. We only use her for some cruising and occasional highway jaunt to work.
Most of this vehicle is parts/pieces from other gm vehicles - why don't they last in this configuration?
Our 2005 Silverado - 130,000 miles and had battery replaced.
2009 HHR - battery and ignition
2011 HHR - nada
2010 Traverse LTZ - nada.
Just pondering.
Like a battered spouse I can't help going back even if the bruises hurt because I love her so much when she is good.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Sorry, you must've got a 'Friday' car (or is it 'Monday' car?). :cryin:

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
bd - don't take this wrong, okay? I'm glad you are collecting the issues on your ride so that many others are on the other end of the "law of averages".

Good Lord I think I just tempted fate . . .

·
Registered
731 Posts
Only problems I have had with my 09 GXP is a}*}holes keep hitting me. Even my 06 had very little problems. New rear diff after they tried the updated seal and fluid. Plus A/C line on the firewall upgrade they did. Yet again some as€¥<*hole nailed my drivers side door on her. I guess it is the luck of the draw.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Try going out and getting a C3. get one that is said to be road ready with no problems and I guarantee you in a couple years you'll be crawling back to your Solstice.

Charlie

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Monday cars are the issue cars: See my threads. :lol:

My wife's Sky was built on Friday, no issues.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Maybe you need to drive it more? :willy: :thumbs:
I don't know. I put about 4k a year on my '08, no problems yet:leaving:
Knock on wood.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If you've had it 4 years and it's an '06 then you didn't buy it new. Can't tell what kind of life it had before you got it and that's probably why the previous owner got rid of it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Besides the possibility of your car being a rare 'lemon', I've wondered if any car is less reliable if only used occasionally. Case in point; my 2007 GXP has been a great commuter car. I bought it in late 2011 with 11,000 miles on it. Other than a high pressure fuel pump failure (which didn't keep me from limping home), the car has been solid. I have an 80 mile round trip commute and to date have racked up 41,612 dependable miles so far. Ironically since replacing the HPFP, the sound of a ticking fuel pump behind the dash is completely gone. All I've done are the usual oil changes.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
One thing I've discovered by having 2 Sols is you double the chances of having the "traditional" Kappa problems. The 08 has had the water pump and assorted minor issues. The 06 has had the rear window coming unglued and now the passenger airbag which remains unrepaired. I wonder if I had a 3rd one what else I could find to repair...:willy:

That being said, this is definitely the most fun I've ever had on 4 wheels.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Any new vehicle is going to have it's fair share of problems. In my teens I always had hot rods, at 21 I got married and the wife made me sell my 500hp 78TA. The car we got was an 88 Camaro. about a year after having it, a bracket on the PS pump broke which was not covered under warranty so I spent 500 getting that done. then 6 months later, my car would sputter thru turns if my tank was less than half full. ended up being a baffle in the tank. I traded it in after that for a nissan truch that had starter relay problems after a year old. I honestly would not worry about a few things going wrong. that's just how manufacturing is.
Charlie

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have an '06 with 42K miles, driven only in the sun (which is rare in Seattle), and the only problem so far was the passenger door lock broke...and it is almost never used. Go figure.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,472 Posts
I have a 1st 1K '06, with 42K on the clock. Other than a new differential, new catalytic converter, both under warranty, and some minor seal and window gaskets, also under warranty, my Sol has been trouble free, and a joy to own.

Every car should be this reliable. Heck, my OEM battery even lasted 7 1/2 years and was still OK when I decided to replace it.

YMMV

1 - 16 of 16 Posts