Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a VIN# for insurance quote

Does anyone have a VIN number for a Solstice that I can use? I'm trying to get insurance quotes but they require one.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
With no production cars available yet, I don't think you'll be able to find a VIN. Explain to them that the car is not in production yet, and try to get a quote based on a comparable model.

I did a Geico quote online that doesn't require a VIN, and selected a new 2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata, just to get an idea of what the insurance would be. As a second car that I won't drive to work, it increased my yearly rate by about $500. I figure its at least a starting point for me to figure out my monthly expenses, so I can better estimate how much of a monthly loan payment I can tolerate.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Don't forget insurance is based on credit scores too

Per my insurance rep:
"Good news! We have finally got the price for the Solstice ($367 every 6 months). At the end of this month we are also getting a new rating system for auto that inmost cases will be lower so as soon as it arrives I will see if we can move all the autos to the new rate and save you some money. Just let us know when it gets here and we can add it on. Have a good week."

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WannaSolstice said:
Per my insurance rep:
"Good news! We have finally got the price for the Solstice ($367 every 6 months). At the end of this month we are also getting a new rating system for auto that inmost cases will be lower so as soon as it arrives I will see if we can move all the autos to the new rate and save you some money. Just let us know when it gets here and we can add it on. Have a good week."
I finally got 1 quote and it was $367 A MONTH :) lol .. that's funny that you pay that a year.

Good god.

·
5,641 Posts
SlipSlider said:
Does anyone have a VIN number for a Solstice that I can use? I'm trying to get insurance quotes but they require one.
The infomation the insurance company is looking for may just be the model number portion of the VIN. They may not need a whole VIN. The model number for the Solstice is 2MB67, and the VIN is expected to look like: 1G2MB33B_6Y_ _ _ _ _ _. Hope that helps and gets the job done.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Small Dealer said:
The infomation the insurance company is looking for may just be the model number portion of the VIN. They may not need a whole VIN. The model number for the Solstice is 2MB67, and the VIN is expected to look like: 1G2MB33B_6Y_ _ _ _ _ _. Hope that helps and gets the job done.
Thanks, i'll see if that get the job done.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My State Farm agent just asked me about the price of the car and provided me with the information. It's been a while so I can't remember what he quoted me. :)

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
SlipSlider said:
I finally got 1 quote and it was $367 A MONTH :) lol .. that's funny that you pay that a year.

Good god.
:agree: My agent said he couldn't give a quote just yet - I think he's trying to figure out how much that new summer home he is after will cost... :lol:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MAKsys said:
:agree: My agent said he couldn't give a quote just yet - I think he's trying to figure out how much that new summer home he is after will cost... :lol:
lol, no doubt

·
Registered
479 Posts
My insurance, Nationwide, could not quote a Solstice, but used the Mazada Miata as a ref. 800 every 6 mos.

·
Registered
109 Posts
My insurance co. wont call me back! I guess I got the worse response so far... No responce. DAMN!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
SlipSlider said:

Good god.
That's about what I'm looking at... didn't I read somewhere that you're 23 too? I'll be 23 in September.

What's your driving history like? My past is somewhat checkered. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
dori-san said:
That's about what I'm looking at... didn't I read somewhere that you're 23 too? I'll be 23 in September.

What's your driving history like? My past is somewhat checkered. :rolleyes:
I have a clean record and I meet every good standard that they look for. This is what I don't understand. The Solstice is double what I'm paying for the Grand Am!!

I could crash the Grand Am or speed just as easily with the Solstice.

I think someone should start a class action lawsuit against insurance agency's. They run their business off ageism and sexism and many other "isms". How do they get away with that, but Firefighters are forced to hire blind skinny female midgets because it's "fair". :brentil: :willy: :cuss:

Anyway, i'm looking around. I plan on calling every agency and broker in the area to get quotes.

I just wish I had a VIN# ANY VIN# for a Solstice. Cause that would get me a lot farther.

I'll post my quotes on here when I get them. For anyone in Ontario that is interested.

·
Registered
905 Posts
SlipSlider said:
I have a clean record and I meet every good standard that they look for. This is what I don't understand. The Solstice is double what I'm paying for the Grand Am!!

I could crash the Grand Am or speed just as easily with the Solstice.

I think someone should start a class action lawsuit against insurance agency's. They run their business off ageism and sexism and many other "isms". How do they get away with that, but Firefighters are forced to hire blind skinny female midgets because it's "fair". :brentil: :willy: :cuss:

Anyway, i'm looking around. I plan on calling every agency and broker in the area to get quotes.

I just wish I had a VIN# ANY VIN# for a Solstice. Cause that would get me a lot farther.

I'll post my quotes on here when I get them. For anyone in Ontario that is interested.
That's kinda wierd, I got a quote for $150 a month, only $30 more then my Sunfire.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Small Dealer said:
ya beat me to it. thanks!

·
Registered
78 Posts
SlipSlider said:
Isn't there a Vin number in one of the photos from the Wilmington Car Show?

·
Registered
275 Posts
i just double checked and the base sol should have an insurance symbol of 13-14 and a fully loaded one at 14-16. if your insurance company uses symbols, they can use this to get you a quote if they dont recognize the VIN.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I got my Insurance quote today!

I currently have a Montero Sport, paying $435 a half with Travelers, Progressive gave my Agent a quote of $322 a half! I almost peed my pants, as I thought it would go up! YAAA!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here's an actual Solstice VIN #

This was one of the Solstices on the car hauler...
See other thread "Solstices Spotted" for more pictures.

Hope the VIN helps you

1 - 20 of 20 Posts