Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ordering my Sol next week and I have run across a little dilema.... I know I want the power package, convienience package, abs, a/c, and of course Limited slip differential..... here lies the problem..... I'm stuck on color. I've got it narrowed down to Sly (grey) and Cool (silver). Someone help me I only have 6 days! Also, how long did it take for you guys to get yours? The dealer told me if I ordered next week that I wouldn't have it until sometime in January or February. does that sound right or am I getting the runaround?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think you'd be lucky to get it in January or February. I've been waiting since April and still don't have mine. I ordered sly.

·
Registered
201 Posts
jerzkid said:
I'm ordering my Sol next week and I have run across a little dilema.... I know I want the power package, convienience package, abs, a/c, and of course Limited slip differential..... here lies the problem..... I'm stuck on color. I've got it narrowed down to Sly (grey) and Cool (silver). Someone help me I only have 6 days! Also, how long did it take for you guys to get yours? The dealer told me if I ordered next week that I wouldn't have it until sometime in January or February. does that sound right or am I getting the runaround?
Sounds like Run-run-run- runaround....You need to ask which position are you in his second allocation (assuming second at this point in time) and do some post searching

by the way the answer is mysterious :lol:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
jerzkid said:
Sly

·
Registered
67 Posts
I dont know that anyone can answer that question for you, its a personal taste thing really.

Since your asking though, my personal opinion is that the gray is just drab and ugly, the only color they offer I dont care for. Go with the silver if its a choice between the two.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really don't know...... I absolutely love both colors and I think it may kill me trying to decide this in a week..... If I change my mind in a reasonable time can they change the color? as it currently stands though I am leaning a little more towards sly

·
Registered
535 Posts
jerzkid said:
I really don't know...... I absolutely love both colors and I think it may kill me trying to decide this in a week..... If I change my mind in a reasonable time can they change the color? as it currently stands though I am leaning a little more towards sly
Well if you like them both then there is no wrong answer. Flip a coin for fun.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I almost forgot... If I go cool..... She'd be in my hands on thursday. My dealer had a reserved one that backed out of the first allocation. I really want to make sure I get exactly what I want though and I want to be 100% financially prepared for this car. Keep in mind I'm only 22 years old.... but the dealers allocation is only three out of the second shipment, as opposed to the other pontiac dealer here that gets 10, and decided to mark up the msrp by 10,000 dollars..... I'm sorry I'm not paying over 30 grand for a 23,000 dollar car..... I'll pay list and be just fine

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Take the first one you can get, dude! Provided it has the right options for you, of course, but grab one quick!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As you can see in my signature, the flip of the coin determined the color of Vanessa (yes I named her and I don't even have her yet) is going to be SLY... I know it means I'll have to wait.... but then again I get to avoid all the road salt and sand of winter here in NJ

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
By the way... My dealer said I'm #1 for them in the second Allocation

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Good choice in color!

Reason for the name of Vanessa?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I've changed my mind about color several times. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them on this car, unless there is a color that you just hate.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Great choice with the Sly. That's what I'm getting. What interior are you going to get? I ordered the Steel & Sand two tone leather. IMO, it was designed to go with the Sly and looks great.

If you're really desperate to see one in person, I'll let you know when mine finally gets delivered. It has been built, but is still at the plant in Deleware, possibly on hold due to quality issues. I'm hoping I'll get it in time for my birthday, November 9th.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ebony cloth interior.... I honestly don't want the leather..... I have it now and I just dont like it

·
Registered
337 Posts
I 2nd the Mysterious vote!!! :lol:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Take the one you can get now. Put your name on the list for the one you want and then sell the one you're driving when the new one comes in.

I like the look of SLY in the promos, but from the actual pictures, I think it's a toss up.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
jerzkid: I agree. I would actually be willing to pay extra to NOT get leather. But then, I'm in Houston!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This sounds really weird but I would actually prefer to wait on it.... by doing that I don't have to risk this winter and damage to her. And I named her Vanessa simply because its a HOT name for a HOT car.... and my roomate already stole Alexandra for his 350z....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts