Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,478 Posts
You betcha!

Try a car that is 600 pounds lighter, slightly smaller and with 460 hp at the wheels for size. :devil:

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
god I hate it when we post about the LS3. And to make matters worse, I got hooked on watching Street Outlaws and the sound of a V8 at 6,000 RPM keeps me up all night. I want one!!

·
Registered
643 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hard to imagine that the previous owner spent $24,000 plus fuel and maintenance costs for 12,000 miles of enjoyment in this Vette. All my previous cages have averaged $0.09 a mile over the time of ownership. This guy spent over $2 a mile.

My wife convinced me that I am going insane and need a reality check. I don't even use all the available acceleration that the NA solstice provides. LOL!

I'll bet she would be singing a different tune if I bought an LS3 Sierra Truck that she could borrow to tow her horse trailer. ;)

·
Premium Member
18,478 Posts
Hey Rob.

We met at the Flagstaff Nationals. Could I get your contact info so we can discuss your DDM V8 conversion experience? I have a Sky there now pending parts ordering.

Thanks,

Rick Flory
[email protected]
602-618-1830
Just sent you the info

R

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
well, I never speed. just want to reach the speed limit as close to instantly as possible:)

·
Premium Member
18,478 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
The fun-pedal can be quite addicting.........and expensive.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
That must be their signature test run to power brake it across the parking lot. cool.

·
Premium Member
18,478 Posts
Maybe .3 sec quicker in a 1000 feet than a C6 LS2. That's about a fender length from personal experience.
LJ
In my experience one does not spend that kind of money to modify a car just to race it.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Uncovered the Solstice today and took it out for a 'spirited' drive on the fine curves where I live. The only thing that the V8 would provide would be the instantaneous passing power. If I am going to overtake a local driver who speeds on the straights and parks his car in the curves I have to plan carefully with the 4 banger. I turbo kit would probably help with that.

I think I will just keep the Vette a dream since I am not really a car guy.

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
The addition of a SC or turbo would fix the passing issue.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, this is the "pit bull" solstice.
Well, yes, I think that is what it was called (Mallett) , but it isn't the same as the pit bull concept drawings done many years ago. It does have some widebody panels though, done by Norm I think.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.