Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Autoshow in motion is in Dallas today, so me and a bud went at lunch. (a 3 hour lunch).

Was disappointed that there was no Solstice to drive listed, and not one in the 'hot products' area. But when we went to the performance car area, I was shocked by a white Solstice sitting in front of the Pontiac trailer. We were allowed to open the trunk, put the top up and down, dig around under the hood, and man did I have fun.

Here's the news as far as, err.., those of us with, uhh.., husky, yea that's it, husky physiques go.

Physical attributes:

Height: 5-10"
Weight: 256 (groan)
Waist: 42" (well, o.k., 'relaxed fit' 42.)
Inseam:30" (tiny legs on a 6-3" body)

I'm pleased to say that the fit was wonderful. I wasn't exactly gonna slide around in the bucket seat, but I wasn't wedged in like a water balloon in a dixie cup either.

I sat in a Miata A when they came out and knew I could never take any kind of long trip in one. I'm certain I could take a Solstice to Canada and back and never have a gripe.

I'm so stoked I think I'm putting down a deposit next week. I can't buy till spring, but that means the time is probably right to do it now.

Attachments

·
4,592 Posts
First time you've seen one? That's what's got me waiting to make a move.

Is it purtier than an Aztek? :lol:

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
You Lucky Guy

You are lucky they had one at all. When the Auto Show In Motion was in KC all they had was a picture on one trailer and a hanging sign in the exit area.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RODEO said:
First time you've seen one? That's what's got me waiting to make a move.

Is it purtier than an Aztek? :lol:
I've seen one at a couple of auto shows, but never got to touch one till today.

I may never wash this hand again. :)

And yea, I guess it's purtier, just a little.. :lol:

·
4,592 Posts
AztekzRpurty said:
I've seen one at a couple of auto shows, but never got to touch one till today.

I may never wash this hand again. :)

And yea, I guess it's purtier, just a little.. :lol:
Sweet, I get my first time with one tomorrow, can't wait. Finally I'll be able to make some decisions - :) or :brentil: - we'll see!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Very good news for us 30" inseem guys who sit very tall. Too bad my Solstice will arrive before the Auto Show in Motion will arive here.

·
Registered
278 Posts
RODEO said:
Sweet, I get my first time with one tomorrow, can't wait. Finally I'll be able to make some decisions - :) or :brentil: - we'll see!
ME TOO! ME TOO! ME TOO! ME TOO! ME TOO! ME TOO! ME TOO! ME TOO! ME TOO! ME TOO! ME TOO! ME TOO! ME TOO! ME TOO! ME TOO! ME TOO! ME TOO! ME TOO! ME TOO! ME TOO! ME TOO! ME TOO! ME TOO! ME TOO! ME TOO! ME TOO! ME TOO!

ok, you cant tell im excited now can you?

oh, BTW, RODEO i called the guy right after we got off the phone, and we chatted a while too, it was cool. i will be there around 4:30 so if your still there we can meet up.

·
1,492 Posts
kid again

You guys will go nuts when you sit in it.

Whats really great is when one of the owners takes you for a spin. That seat fits like a glove and the turns and curves feel like instant turns and moderate sways. THIS THING REALLY CORNERS!
Yea and those of you in the "husky" or relaxed fit zone -it does fit nice.

Tomorrow I'm going to look at the competitor- Red Sky in Town, so was Trump.

·
4,592 Posts
tednelson83 said:
oh, BTW, RODEO i called the guy right after we got off the phone, and we chatted a while too, it was cool. i will be there around 4:30 so if your still there we can meet up.
Good chance we'll cross paths :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
brentil said:
Very good news for us 30" inseem guys who sit very tall. Too bad my Solstice will arrive before the Auto Show in Motion will arive here.
The only little gripe I had was the steering wheel couldn't go high enough for my liking. Actually, it felt like it was as high as it needed to be, it was more like the gauges were too high also, because the top of the gauges were cut off from view by the wheel.

Ahhh, who need to see the speedometer anyway ;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
I sat it one last night at the OKC fair!! VERY NICE by the way :) but my friend who is 5'9" and 300lbs sat in it and he said he was fine too.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
AztekzRpurty said:
The only little gripe I had was the steering wheel couldn't go high enough for my liking. Actually, it felt like it was as high as it needed to be, it was more like the gauges were too high also, because the top of the gauges were cut off from view by the wheel.

Ahhh, who need to see the speedometer anyway ;)
The curse of the short inseem!!! We have to sit closer to the steering wheel, but since we sit so high and so close the guages get blocked very easily. My ZX2 S/R was one of the few cars I've owned where the guages were in the perfect position for my hight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts