Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GUYS!!!

Remeber my promise about me being able to sit in the Solstice? Well... it came true. I have been instructed to not say anything until the autoshow has ended. So expect to hear some real interesting information late sunday night or early monday morning. Stay tuned!!!!

*FIRST EVER SOLSTICE FORUM MEMBER TO SIT IN IT!!!*
:party:

·
4,592 Posts
Congrads. Now don't go getting anxious and spill the beans, but give us some of those wink wink hints as hold-me-overs :lol:

·
Registered
48 Posts
So why is GM being so particular about sitting in a 20k roadster? Seems kind of dumb to me.

Congrats for getting a seat, now if they get some cars to test drive.

Chris

·
Registered
180 Posts
the new STS did not have much information out before it went on sale also.
The strange thing is the lack of information on the truck and top.
The show is over 8 hours, first report at 6:01 tonite or you're histroy lol
what big are you?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
dylan01 said:
GUYS!!!

Remeber my promise about me being able to sit in the Solstice? Well... it came true. I have been instructed to not say anything until the autoshow has ended. So expect to hear some real interesting information late sunday night or early monday morning. Stay tuned!!!!

*FIRST EVER SOLSTICE FORUM MEMBER TO SIT IN IT!!!*
:party:
Congrats on getting a seat in it. However, I am not sure you are the first. I do believe someone has not only sat in it, but gone for a nice little cruise in it! Unfortunately, not me. :brentil:

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Congrats!!!

Simple, all you need to do is post a :brentil: if the experience was bad, and a :) if it was decent, or a :thumbs: if everything was naturally placed and fit you well (tell us your height and inseam, and if you don't mind, your weight... I'm not kidding) and the experience exceeded your expectations. You're only posting your initial impression, not any details or such.

You can tell us your size and stuff without getting into trouble.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Hey, thats great! :willy:

I wasn't one of lucky ones to see the car at Milwaukee or Chicago auto show. Have heard that bigger in real life vs. pics. From the engineering shots it looks like the sitting position is deep with a high driveshft tunnel. How did it feel? The biggest concern with most roadsters is the lack of seat adjustability, back of seat rake angle in particular.

·
4,592 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Congrats on getting a seat in it. However, I am not sure you are the first. I do believe someone has not only sat in it, but gone for a nice little cruise in it! Unfortunately, not me. :brentil:
I think he is the first civilian (non car maker affiliated employee), correct?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Aweosme news!!!

Other people have hinted at beign in one, but he'll be the first who can post about it without getting in trouble. It's Sunday afternoon, I need me some info soon!!! :D

·
4,592 Posts
brentil said:
I need me some info soon!!! :D
Why, RODEO get under your skin, MSM sounding good, hehehe :lol: :brentil:

·
4,592 Posts
dylan01 said:
what does everybody want to know?
can you share all now?

can you compare the inside to a MSMiata from experience?

I think youve been asked to describe your physique, weight height etc, if you would that would be great.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
inside

RODEO said:
can you share all now?

can you compare the inside to a MSMiata from experience?

I think youve been asked to describe your physique, weight height etc, if you would that would be great.
I have to watch what I say...
It is bigger and more roomier then a MSMiata, a bit more torso room, same room in terms of leg room, but the Solstice has less leg width room down by your feet. I am 6'2 and I weigh 155lbs. My inseem is 36. I fit perfect. snug, but comfy. Everything wrapped around me nicely. I was only in there for a minute or so, just to see if i fit, so I could decide if i wil lbe ordering it or not. I doubt anybody over 6'3 will fit. I was not sure for 2 years If i could see out the windshield because I thought it was too low. It definately is not, and I could see fine. The seat is soo amazing, it contours around your body and everything falls in place around you. the seat positioned low like a Vette, and has great spacing from you to your passenger. It feels like you are strapped inside of it! I have 2 pictures of myself, but for security reasons I cannot post them. Just take my word for it, 6'2 drivers can fit, 6'3 and up are starting to push the envelope. anybody else have any questions? dont ask about the trunk or the top or anything else... i quickly sat in in and got out. I was "one of the selected few" to sit in it, so i didnt want to do more then just sit in it. I was lucky enough to take a seat.

·
4,592 Posts
How about the top and trunk..........joking :devil:

Did you get a chance to throw your arm up on the window sill, if so was it comfortable, or kinda high and akward for that, I think we've gotten some reports of that before?

Did the front end seem obvious to you, meaning was it a front end you had little sense of, or good sense of, picture parking situations. A lot of car front ends drop off in a way that you can't sense the front end for parking situations, I think you'll get the jist of the question.

Will you buy one (with the obvious need for a test drive exempt from te question)?

again, the miata question, you've sat in a miata, did you fit in a miata pretty much OK??? that's a good comparison cause some can't, and hope the Sol solves the situation.

Did you ever hear the engine running???

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Congratulations, you lucky dog!

I'm just a little taller than you (6'-3 3/4" in my longer days before the world started wearing me down) but my inseam is either 34 or 35. So, as all too often happens, I'm pushing the limit when you guess who'll fit. Is it 'cuz my left knee might hit the door or 'cuz my right knee might hit the center console? Is leg room the limiting factor or is it headroom? Or is it lack of distance to the wheel?

How about how the gear shift is placed? Is it in the right place (fore and aft) relative to your torso? As they say, "Does the shift knob fall readily to hand?"

I take it you didn't get to mess with the cup holders between the seats but if you did, are they accessable or in a spot where they're too close or too far from your body?

·
Registered
76 Posts
dylan01 said:
I have to watch what I say...
.................. I am 6'2 and I weigh 155lbs. My inseem is 36. I fit perfect. snug, but comfy. Everything wrapped around me nicely. I was only in there for a minute or so, just to see if i fit, so I could decide if i wil lbe ordering it or not. I doubt anybody over 6'3 will fit. .
Can you reconfirm that your inseam is 36".
I'm 6'5" and I have a 34" inseam and my legs are probably considered long for my body size, so a 36" inseam for a 6'2" doesn't compute (unless you're wearing the Ghetto jeans with the crotch at the knees) :lol:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Skyward said:
Can you reconfirm that your inseam is 36".
I'm 6'5" and I have a 34" inseam and my legs are probably considered long for my body size, so a 36" inseam for a 6'2" doesn't compute (unless you're wearing the Ghetto jeans with the crotch at the knees) :lol:
lol, i dont have any time do reply to all your questions, I will later on today, but I thought my inseem was 36. I guess not. (i dont buy my clothes) I just checked and my pants say 34/34. Ill reply to everybody elses quetions around 4:00pm

1 - 20 of 64 Posts