Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OFF topic, and wrong forum, but not registering ovre at the sky forum!

Friday morning-8:20am
I go to drive to school, for some reason i look down the road and i see some crazy lookiing thing coming my way. I thought it was a viper, then no! I then thought it was a new corvette but no!-Too small to be a corvette. I had absolutely no idea what it was. it was soo low to the road that it looked like it was dragging. It sounded soo good guys, geez. you have no idea. I didnt even think it was a sky until 5 mins later on the way to school. It looked like a souped up corvette. But i rememberd the chisled looking front fascia, and rear... looks like the sol. Honestly tho, i was soo amazed, and I never htought id ever see one. The sound...the sound of heaven!

...i still cant believe that i saw one! :)
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,600 Posts
Good to hear they are road testing the Sky. I'll bet that was an Aha! moment when you realized what just passed you by. :cool:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
69 Posts
So it sounded good...its good to know that they Sky or Solstice might come out with some kind of exhaust note factory.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why!

When I think about it, out of anywhere in North America, why would General Motors decide to test a halo car in the city of Oshawa? Maybe Oshawa is the Home/founding city of General Motors Globally, but it really is weird why. I could see Detroit because it is just.....Detroit! or even Wilmington, where they are made. Especially at 8:30amish, before main businesses have started up. If they wanted to keep it a secret they shouldnt of drove it down the street....argggggg! tooo many questions, to many comments. I just want my Solstice :willy: :brentil: :willy:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
69 Posts
AHHHH so it sounded nice...like what, like a tuned 4 banger, or like 350Z nice??? I hope they have something from the factory as far as exhaust note goes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,452 Posts
dylan01 said:
When I think about it, out of anywhere in North America, why would General Motors decide to test a halo car in the city of Oshawa? Maybe Oshawa is the Home/founding city of General Motors Globally, but it really is weird why. I could see Detroit because it is just.....Detroit! or even Wilmington, where they are made. Especially at 8:30amish, before main businesses have started up. If they wanted to keep it a secret they shouldnt of drove it down the street....argggggg! tooo many questions, to many comments. I just want my Solstice :willy: :brentil: :willy:
Do you live around the Canadian Regial Engineering Center in Oshawa (Park and Wentworth)? I could see them shipping one up there for the engineers to pick apart.

I'm going to check on Monday.

BTW, and i'm not doubting you, but you don't seem sure that it was a Sky. Could it have been a viper maybe?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
69 Posts
SlipSlider said:
BTW, and i'm not doubting you, but you don't seem sure that it was a Sky. Could it have been a viper maybe?
Ya i was wondering the same thing, it seems like the car would not be loud, if it sounded like a 4 banger, then maybe it was a sky, otherwise, maybe a viper??? or are u sure it wasnt an SLK or something???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nope!

Im 15 mins away from the CREC building. I am 100% sure it wasnt a SLK or a Viper. It wasnt loud and it was definately a 4 banger. Since I have never saw a Sky in my life, the reason why I didnt know what it was at first was because Ive never seen it on the show tour, and it was the first time ive seen it on the road. It didnt sound like a tuned 4 cylinder, and i have never heard a 350Z upclose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,452 Posts
dylan01 said:
Im 15 mins away from the CREC building. I am 100% sure it wasnt a SLK or a Viper. It wasnt loud and it was definately a 4 banger. Since I have never saw a Sky in my life, the reason why I didnt know what it was at first was because Ive never seen it on the show tour, and it was the first time ive seen it on the road. It didnt sound like a tuned 4 cylinder, and i have never heard a 350Z upclose.
I asked someone and there is no Saturn Sky at the CREC building.. so if there is one around here, it's not there.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
69 Posts
dylan01 said:
It sounded soo good guys, geez. you have no idea.
dylan01 said:
Im 15 mins away from the CREC building. I am 100% sure it wasnt a SLK or a Viper. It wasnt loud and it was definately a 4 banger. Since I have never saw a Sky in my life, the reason why I didnt know what it was at first was because Ive never seen it on the show tour, and it was the first time ive seen it on the road. It didnt sound like a tuned 4 cylinder, and i have never heard a 350Z upclose.
THEN WHAT DID IT SOUND LIKE. your first post said it sounded good, now all you have told me is that it doesnt sound like a 4 banger, viper, or 350Z(that you know of) so what does it sound like???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no doubt "aboot" it

Skyolstice said:
THEN WHAT DID IT SOUND LIKE. your first post said it sounded good, now all you have told me is that it doesnt sound like a 4 banger, viper, or 350Z(that you know of) so what does it sound like???
Thats really weird, i am 100% sure i saw a sky. They want to keep it on the D/L. I said it sounded like a 4 cyl, or maybe i phrased it wrong sorry. I cant transfer memories or sound clips from my head onto the computer, so I CANT EXPLAIN IT! lol. All that counts is that I know i saw one.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
There was a sound clip floating around of the Sky when it was driven on stage at the NAIAS this past January. You may be able to find it with a search either here, or on Skyroadster. I don't have a link bookmarked to it, or I'd give you the direct link.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
69 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
69 Posts
And by the way guys, i can assure you it wont sound that good, i mean, that didnt even sound like a 4 banger, much less a production ecotec, although, if it sounds near that when they make it i WILL be VEEEEEEERY happy
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
Glad you found it! Sorry I didn't have the link.

I know it is technically a show car, but I also believe that it is supposed to be essentially production spec. I assume that means the exhaust note too!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Skyolstice said:
And by the way guys, i can assure you it wont sound that good, i mean, that didnt even sound like a 4 banger, much less a production ecotec, although, if it sounds near that when they make it i WILL be VEEEEEEERY happy
Well so far I believe we've heard 5-6 different audio clips of the Solstice/Sky and each one has sounded exactly like that. I believe there was an article saying Pontiac spent like a year tuning the exhaust sound to obtane the sound. There's supposed to be a cat-back exhaust addon too. So who knows, we might be hearing the base car, or the car with cat-back exhaust. However I'm betting that's what it'll sound like since every time they've officialy shown it with sound, and commented on the sound they've made it seem like that's what we would be getting.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
69 Posts
brentil said:
Well so far I believe we've heard 5-6 different audio clips of the Solstice/Sky and each one has sounded exactly like that. I believe there was an article saying Pontiac spent like a year tuning the exhaust sound to obtane the sound. There's supposed to be a cat-back exhaust addon too. So who knows, we might be hearing the base car, or the car with cat-back exhaust. However I'm betting that's what it'll sound like since every time they've officialy shown it with sound, and commented on the sound they've made it seem like that's what we would be getting.
oh that would be the best if it sounded like that, not too many cars that have a factory great sounding exhaust for this price.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top