Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
4,592 Posts
Think you'll be able to see out the side windows with the top up???

·
5,641 Posts
Excellent, now the pressure to harness modern technology and post pictures will not fall to my shoulders.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Small Dealer said:
Excellent, now the pressure to harness modern technology and post pictures will not fall to my shoulders.
No technology to it, just point, click, copy, paste, click, drag, type...it's that simple.... ;)

Have you watched it yet. Series of 4 looping commercials The top operation is shown step by step, not in real-time. Somewhat dissapointed. Has locking bolster that are released on key fob, or glove box button. Doubt it's an operation that can be handled inside the vehicle. Only a single locking mechanism right over the rearview mirror.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Is it just me or does it look like theres hood pins on the trunk lol.

Thanks for the pics conejo! Is this dvd something we can order from gm directly for our viewing pleasure or have to go to the dealer to see it?

·
Registered
110 Posts
is it just me, or does the side profile look a little weird?? I guess I will have to wait and see it in person in a few months.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Thanks conejo148 !

The winglets do pop upward...little remote control keyfob. Have to get out of car like we expected but pretty nice.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Oh hell yeah, it is automatic like we've been speculating s-man. You were right about them retracting upwards too. :thumbs:

Way to go conejo148.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Billabongi said:

Thanks for the pics conejo! Is this dvd something we can order from gm directly for our viewing pleasure or have to go to the dealer to see it?
If your dealer is in the EOP, they should get it today, came in FedEx about 11:00 am. I'm going to try and copy it at home tonite on my CP.

How about them Tigers btw, for those of us in the Motown area, 3-1 in the 2nd. They'll blow it, though. :lurk:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Steve: What's the RPO for the automatic opener shown? I don't care what the cost, it looks worth it. :lol:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Billabongi said:

That's what the AFBTF's snap into. Pics are not in order but one side view shows them released with trunk still closed.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
achieftain said:
Steve: What's the RPO for the automatic opener shown? I don't care what the cost, it looks worth it. :lol:
That's not an automatic opener. It's a single point locking mechanism. The rear locking bolsters can be remotely unlocked using either the key fob or the glove box button.

The pics I took are in order of succession, except last 2, went back through one more time.

1. Unlock the bolsters (like reinforcing brackets)
2. Unlock front catch (like in the photo you posted)
3. Open rear clamshell
4 Fold down top
5. Close clamshell, drive away.

Sorry if I didn't clear/implied that there was an auto open feature, only meant the bolsters could open w/ remote. Maybe somebody w/ a little more convertible experience can clarify. Always had hard-tops. They're lighter, ya' know. :(

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
So let me see if I've got this straight.

To Lower Top

Release rear wingletts. (remote or inside button)
Release front header
Fold wingletts back
Open rear deck (Remote release?)
Fold top back.

If the wingletts don't fold back automatically (power), how do they expect you to hold the winglest back (2 sides, 2 hands) and open the rear deck????

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
conejo148 said:
The rear locking bolsters can be remotely unlocked using either the key fob or the glove box button.
Assume it's the same keyfob for the doors?

LBJay said:
If the wingletts don't fold back automatically (power), how do they expect you to hold the winglest back (2 sides, 2 hands) and open the rear deck????
My guess is the "pop" up is all they do and don't need to be folded inward. Just a guess, could be wrong.

·
5,641 Posts
conejo148 said:
That's not an automatic opener.
Think he was refering to the young lady :) .

1 - 20 of 109 Posts