Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was walking through a few web pages the other day and thought to myself... I wonder where Mina is...

That lead me to a literal swamp of pay to find sites... so nope...
So perhaps I will look on a car website to buy cars.... and I have to ask.

Do I really want to drive to Ohio from Wisconsin to pick up an '08 mean GXP?

·
Premium Member
4,902 Posts
yes !

I drove from NJ to Maryland for my vert - 3 hours each way.
I drove from NJ to NY for my coupe - 3 hours each way.

Someone drove from Texas to Georgia.
Other from California to Texas.

Your drive is probably longer than mine (combined),
but the end result is worth it.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Absolutely! Or better yet.... ab-SOL-utely.... :)

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Mina Ohio ? I worked in Wisconsin a few years ago in Milwaukee and it was an 8 hour drive from the Cleveland area all interstate . Are you sure it's not Medina Ohio if so I live about 20 minutes from there so you can figure about the same time frame is the car at a dealers or private owner ?

·
Premium Member
17,526 Posts
I flew from Colorado to New Mexico to pick up my Sol. Then drove home in a car with ten miles on the clock through a blizzard on Wolf a Creek pass in November of ought seven. And loved every minute of the trip, then and now.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I must have been lucky...I found my car 5 minutes away from home driving by the Cadillac dealer on the way from work.
It was sitting in the front row next to a red Corvette and I thought:
Wow! I must have her...
So I pulled into the lot, asked for the keys and an hour later we were signing the paperwork.
Kris

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I flew from Florida to Va to buy my first sol

·
Registered
350 Posts
My first Mean Sol was purchased less than 1 mile from my office. Then it was totaled.
The 2nd Mean Sol was purchased South of Tucson, AZ. Flew from Alabama on Sunday, stayed at the owners home (very nice place), played canasta, then drove home Monday morning and got home Tuesday before noon. 1660 miles, about 24 hours drive time and a short nap and I was home. Cool thing is that AZ likes to complete the bill of sale so we went there to officiate it and it was immediately titled in my name and as a non-resident; NO SALES TAXES. When I registered it here, it was in my name so no sales taxes again. That by itself paid for the entire trip; gas, food and plane ticket. Also drove to Long Island from Bama to buy a Bronco.

The long trips make the purchase more memorable and better appreciated.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Any distance is worth it. Got my mean GXP 10miles from home. I would have gone to either coast, if nesessary. These cars are worth it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good points. Although this will not be my first mean solstice I am hoping it will be a close second and that is worth the drive. Mina was the name of my first mean gxp that I traded in a few years ago and have wanted her back ever since. I hope where she is that she is being cared for and was not wrapped around a tree.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guess the dealership, in the interest of saving time, is going to drop it in my driveway. Funny that I found the car belonged to a forum member.

·
Administrator
9,258 Posts
Guess the dealership, in the interest of saving time, is going to drop it in my driveway. Funny that I found the car belonged to a forum member.
Will it be delivered in time for you to come out and play in the Dells this year?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Will it be delivered in time for you to come out and play in the Dells this year?
Actually Deanna and I were just talking about that this morning when I discovered that I have that weekend off. So yeah, there is a pretty good chance that there will be another Mean GXP in the Dells after a couple year hiatus. :)

·
Administrator
9,258 Posts
Actually Deanna and I were just talking about that this morning when I discovered that I have that weekend off. So yeah, there is a pretty good chance that their will be another Mean GXP in the Dells after a couple year hiatus. :)
Woo HOOOOO!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So it was delivered to my driveway as of last Sunday.

A few of my first impressions to this new member to my family. I was surprised on how much I missed being topless and how life's stress seems to disappear on my daily commute now. For that I am happy.

As I looked the car over, my loving wife who knows me all too well said... "babe, you have to remember that not everyone is you". I was surprised at the condition of the vehicle for 84000. I would say that it is in the condition of what Mina would of looked like with 250,000 miles... if I didn't own her for the last 75,000 miles of her life.

Parking brake does not engage
Center consul broken
Every interior panel is damaged in some way or another
Rattles like someone kicked a metal lunch box filled with rocks down a flight of stairs
Brakes are mush
Didn't come with a key fob
and the calico yellow paint... but at least I knew about that prior to purchase

but it is mine dang it... and like a rescued mutt from a puppy mill it will never see a life like that again.

Side note: anyone that says that smoked headlights do not hinder light output does not have a 40 mile one way commute on rural roads at 5 am. These suckers need to come out before I pile into every cast member of Bambi.

The first mod was done about 5 minutes after it hit the driveway... Mina's old IC pipes and the HKS went in. :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Project: Everhate

Codename: Leeloo

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
In goes the "proper" turbo sound

Off with the lame front plate mount and photo bombed by her now rather orange looking sister "the short bus".

1 - 20 of 21 Posts