Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

I think I found my delivery date using astrology

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  SolsticeMan 
#1 · (Edited)
I was in the local public library today doing some research for a college paper, and I was in the "occult/astrology" section (Dewey Decimal 133). So, normally, our library is a little behind on the new books, but I saw this one, "Your Personal Horoscope 2005" and thought, why not?

I turned to September and found this as the first paragraph:
Another very happy month, Gemini. Enjoy. It might start off slowly, as you need to rest and relax more until the 22nd. But after that, vitality comes roaring back.
Do you think "roaring back" is a reference to a new car? It lists the 22nd as one of the "best days for money" and the 23rd as one of the "best days overall" and "best days for love."

Based on my calculations, if I remember right, Bob Lutz said that the current 9000 orders will take 6 months to produce. Let's guesstimate (I hate that word, but it works perfectly here), that there will be roughly 1500 Solstices per month (1 month=4 weeks). But then we have to factor in the startup time. So, say 1000 units in the first month, and then 1500 per month after that. With a starting date of July 18. Now, I ordered my Solstice on Saturday morning, and by Saturday night, there were 4400 orders total. So, if I'm somewhere around 3000, that would be, maybe, 8 weeks from the start of production, or around the week of August 22nd. That would allow for 4 weeks for delivery. Plenty of spare time in there as well. :thumbs:

How's that?

Can you tell that I'm now really, REALLY, REALLY bored with my college paper? :sleep:

:D

See less See more
#2 ·
This is probably all a joke, but I think that astrology is one of the stupidest things. How could the orientation of the stars and all actually effect the events that happen to us in our life. It's fine for entertainment purposes such as this, but not to actually believe it.

Now, on the flip side I would be quite happy if I get my car in September. I actually believe that I will be getting it in October.

#3 ·
Eh, you just need a couple voodoo dolls for some people at GM. Stick a couple pins in their bums and light a match under their feet. Should get them building a little faster. :devil:

As for astrology, predicting events I doubt. Predicting personalities, I think it has some merits. Not do to stars, but the seasons they fall in. As a baby developes for the first couple months, I would think having to watch the world come alive, spend time outside, watch the world die, or spend time inside (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter) would have to have some effect on personality.

Maybe Nostradamus predicted when delivery will start...

#4 ·
SolsticeDesire said:
This is probably all a joke, but I think that astrology is one of the stupidest things. How could the orientation of the stars and all actually effect the events that happen to us in our life. It's fine for entertainment purposes such as this, but not to actually believe it.

Now, on the flip side I would be quite happy if I get my car in September. I actually believe that I will be getting it in October.
Yeah. This was in good fun. I saw it in the library and thought I'd bring it home to type the quote. I have a bad memory, except for numbers. I needed something to do other than school work (which I've been doing for the past 3 hours).

#5 ·
Not to burst your bubble, but I don't think a #3 out of 5 will get delivered by Aug 22nd.

#6 ·
He was talking about a build date of Aug 22, but Sept 22 is more likely and probably still optimistic at that.

#7 ·
blue_q, since the sun enters the air sign of Libra on Sept. 22, your mental vitality will be revived as you are born under the air sign of Gemini. Air denotes thought: mental acuity, conceptual thinking, abstract ideas)
Apparently, the design team at GM has it's hand in all this too, considering the Solstice name and the representation of air fire, earth & water in the Canadian ads.
Any December people in your life? Sagittarian being the polar opposite or complement to Gemini.

#8 ·
Fortyninenorth said:
He was talking about a build date of Aug 22, but Sept 22 is more likely and probably still optimistic at that.
Yep. Gotta be optimistic. :) Being pessimistic (i.e. December delivery) is just no fun.

solli4me said:
Any December people in your life?
Not really. Just my mom.

Do you know much about astrology? I never really pay attention to what the planets or signs are supposed to mean, just what they mean. Know what I mean? :D

#9 ·
I was going to reply, why not astrology given the name of the car, but Solli4me beat me to the punch.

Makes more sense than using a ouiji board to predict the build date!

#10 · (Edited)
Do you know much about astrology? -blue_q
As much as I hate to admit it, I have done quite a bit of reading and observing over the years since my college days. I can pretty much nail anyone's sign by their traits. :lol:
It's remarkable to see how throughout one's family history the family member's birth months (signs) stay consistent.

#11 ·
solli4me said:
As much as I hate to admit it, I have done quite a bit of reading and observing over the years since my college days. I can pretty much nail anyone's sign by their traits. :lol:
It's remarkable to see how throughout one's family history the family member's birth months (signs) stay consistent.
Really?

Ooh! Ooh! Take a guess at me...

BTW, what does the last bit of your statement mean?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.