Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped into my dealership to check on my order today and to my surprise there were two new solstice sitting in the parking lot. One was sly which was the color I ordered and one was deep. I new mine was number two and built 10/20 Vin 3561 and the other was number one which was the deep built 10/2. I thought I the sly one was mine. The sales manager informed me that the sly was number three he had ordered and was built a week or so after mine. I was so upset I din't remember to get the vin but it must be in the low 4's. He said he has not gotten invoiced for mine and it is still at 3800. All he can figure is it got put off to the side for a quality issue and has no ideal when it will arrive. I have read post were folks have recieved vins higher than mine but figured they bought them from a large lovume dealer. It is disappointing when you see a higher vin get delivered at the place were you purchased yours. Any comments or suggestions on what is going on with mine. He said it took about 2 weeks for the higher one to get delivered. The one that was built on 10/2 had about 8 colored dots on it and was told they were quality checks. I think I'm in for a long wait before mine arrives.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Had a call from my dealer the other day telling me that my car had been released to carrier , i was so excited that i had forgotten to ask for my VIN#......but if this helps car was built Oct 26th. Then today i got a call from my contact at GM Canada she told me the same thing and when i asked her why cars built earlier than mine were not being delivered. Her answer was that there was a quality issue with weather stripping and cars built through October were being built with the new modafications and were there for passing QC and being shipped out as fast as possible.....hope this helps ?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
108 Posts
sly-sol,
I know how it can be to get your hopes up, then have them dashed. Take it from one who's been through it, all wait end. And, it will be worth it.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
sly-sol said:
I stopped into my dealership to check on my order today and to my surprise there were two new solstice sitting in the parking lot. One was sly which was the color I ordered and one was deep. I new mine was number two and built 10/20 Vin 3561 and the other was number one which was the deep built 10/2. I thought I the sly one was mine. The sales manager informed me that the sly was number three he had ordered and was built a week or so after mine. I was so upset I din't remember to get the vin but it must be in the low 4's. He said he has not gotten invoiced for mine and it is still at 3800. All he can figure is it got put off to the side for a quality issue and has no ideal when it will arrive. I have read post were folks have recieved vins higher than mine but figured they bought them from a large lovume dealer. It is disappointing when you see a higher vin get delivered at the place were you purchased yours. Any comments or suggestions on what is going on with mine. He said it took about 2 weeks for the higher one to get delivered. The one that was built on 10/2 had about 8 colored dots on it and was told they were quality checks. I think I'm in for a long wait before mine arrives.
How did the car look in sly? That's what I ordered but have yet to see a sly in person.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car looks great in Sly, I'm glad I ordered that color. I was also surprised at how well it looks in deep. The only problem is deep will show dust really fast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,153 Posts
sly-sol said:
The only problem is deep will show dust really fast.
I'll vouch for that! I woke up at 3:30 today wide awake. Figured I might as well go out at sunrise and shoot up the rest of the roll of film from last weekend. I've washed the car once already this week because it rained Tuesday. I was in my driveway at 4:15 washing it again. Think I'm just a little crazy? :willy:

This color shows dust almost as bad as my black GTP did. Almost.

But boy, does it look good when it's squaky clean! :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
2KWK4U said:
I'll vouch for that! I woke up at 3:30 today wide awake. Figured I might as well go out at sunrise and shoot up the rest of the roll of film from last weekend. I've washed the car once already this week because it rained Tuesday. I was in my driveway at 4:15 washing it again. Think I'm just a little crazy? :willy:

This color shows dust almost as bad as my black GTP did. Almost.

But boy, does it look good when it's squaky clean! :thumbs:
You should get a California Duster, works great for getting dust off and only takes about a min..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,029 Posts
deluke said:
You should get a California Duster, works great for getting dust off and only takes about a min..

:agree: They work great!!!
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top