Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Let the "bags" think what they want. Keeps ours all the more rarer and attractive, in my opinion.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Let the "bags" think what they want. Keeps ours all the more rarer and attractive, in my opinion.
Oh come on... this is the internets. We're all supposed to be "bags". :lol:

·
Registered
756 Posts
OK the guy replied, any good comebacks?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same response I give all the guys that talk s*** about our cars: "Your mom/ daughter doesn't seem to mind..."

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Back in the day, when I was in that position, I bought a new Geo Tracker Lsi 2-door. Granted, in my case at that time, it was an issue of "can" rather than "should". :lol:

I sure had a lot of fun with and in that Tracker though!

On the flip side, NJ Pontiac girls were always the hottest.

If I had to do it over today, I have no idea which car brand girls are the best. :confused:

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Check out the photo:

What Car Should You Buy After A Divorce?

A couple of douches think the Miata looks better or would rather have an S2000. We still get no respect...
Is this one of our member's photos?
Unlike the rather narrow opinion you seem to hold, other people may prefer other cars.

I have never liked the styling of the Miata, but have no issues with the way it is put together or the way it runs. The S2000 is a killer package that offers things the Solstice doesn't, although I certainly prefer the styling of the Solstice.

It becomes tedious to even look at threads like you referenced - you can almost hear the minds snapping shut as people go into their 'my car is best and all others are crap' mode. Reminds me of sports teams and other such inconsequential things. Much fuss signifying nothing.

Appreciate our cars for what they are and don't feel you have to run down all others, and don't get noses out of joint when others do that to our cars. It isn't a contest and there are no winners.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unlike the rather narrow opinion you seem to hold, other people may prefer other cars.
I'm the one with a narrow opinion? Did you read their comments? I actually like the S2000. I almost bought one instead of the Sky.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
I think it's a given that comments/criticism were directed at the Solstice because the photo is a picture of a guy sitting in one. Also, this article was posted on Jalopnik, a site that known to choose subjects/pictures that will generate traffic and comments to their website.

If the pic had shown the same newly divorced guy sitting behind the wheel of a M3, S3, or C63 AMG I'm sure the comments would have been more along the lines of; You Go Bro!

Still if these comments are represented of men than it's not surprising that Divorce Cars will continue to be a growth industry. :lol:

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
I'm the one with a narrow opinion? Did you read their comments? I actually like the S2000. I almost bought one instead of the Sky.
I must have misconstrued your temperate tone

A couple of douches think the Miata looks better

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I must have misconstrued your temperate tone
My escalated response was in response to their initial narrow-minded responses. So, forgive me if I call someone a douche who insults me/ us right out of the gate. :cuss:

Did you notice I didn't have anything to say about the other people that had a different taste in cars, but only to the two that were insulting us first? Obviously, you missed that...

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
It's even funnier to watch an argument on the internet evolve out of a discussion about people who argue on the internet.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I think it's a given that comments/criticism were directed at the Solstice because the photo is a picture of a guy sitting in one. Also, this article was posted on Jalopnik, a site that known to choose subjects/pictures that will generate traffic and comments to their website.

If the pic had shown the same newly divorced guy sitting behind the wheel of a M3, S3, or C63 AMG I'm sure the comments would have been more along the lines of; You Go Bro!

Still if these comments are represented of men than it's not surprising that Divorce Cars will continue to be a growth industry. :lol:
Well we do need these pages... it's those places on the Internet we can let our inner a-holes out. Just take it lightly and you'll be fine. :lol:

·
Registered
81 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts