Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
If it is any sort of recommendation, my brother (a multi-Vet owner since 1959) and my son-in-law (a modified Z06 owner) were both pleasantly surprised at the handling & power of my 2009 GXP Convertible. My wife and I took a trip down South this past Fall and put maybe 2500 miles on it. Fun drive, plenty of power and quite comfortable. I've owned it for seven years now and have never regretted it.

·
Registered
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP
5 Posts
Hello Everyone. I'm new to the Solstice forum.
I'm a long time Vette guy that wants to buy a red 2008 or 09 Solstice conv. I'm looking for a excel cond/pristine, low mileage car.
I know the diff between a base Solstice and a GXP. Just wondering what you own and prefer? Have any of you owned both or driven both?
I appreciate your input. Please advise. Thank you!

Had an '06 NA (Silver on the left) for a couple of years. Enjoyed it. But couldn't hang real well in the Colorado mountains on cruise control. Moved to the GXP (red on the right) and fell in love on first drive. Will die with it in my garage. Have had an RPM Motorsports Stage III tune (new turbo, intercooler, hi-flow cat, charging tubes, custom tune) done on it. Love this car!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I traded my stock '81 Vette in on an '09 Solstice NA coupe a few years ago. Not an exact comparison as 18 years of technology easily pushed the Solstice to the top.
My priorities were coupe, low miles, manual, acceptable color, affordable, gxp (in that order). I test drove a low mileage NA coupe auto and was disappointed with the performance. I'm happy with the manual i got. I just couldn't find a gxp within my budget and timeline. I would like the extra hp and handling of the gxp, but mine is mostly a fair weather cruiser, so I'm not disappointed. I'll likely add some handling mods soon. I'm still on the original 20k, 11-year-old tires, so those are top of the list for upgrading this spring. I've thought about adding a convertible Solstice to my garage. I'd definitely go for a gxp manual. They are much easier to find than the coupes and would provide more "spirited" driving, when desired.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks again everyone for your posts. What a great community the Solstice Forum is! I should chat w/ some of you personally. Is their anyway you can PM me your email address?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I have a "mint" condition Solstice GXP Turbo with under 13,000 miles on it. It was my husband's baby...and yes, he babied it. It's always been garaged and under a cover...and not driven in winter months. She's a beautiful little white 2007 convertible...and she's for sale.
Pictures can be seen here...
Thanks weisense. Looks like a babied beauty! However I'm looking for a red. I'll pass. THX. Wishing you the best..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I have a 2006 NA. Original owner and going on 220k miles. Love this car. Drive it daily from NY to CT along windy and hilly roads. I’ve never driven the GXP, but I sure wish I had the extra HP at times. Could only make what’s already fun even better, right?

Funny thing is I’ve been thinking what car I’m going to get when the Solstice finally gives out. Since I was a kid I’ve dreamt of getting a ‘vette, like you say you have.
You mentioned you’re in northern NJ? I’m in NY, right on the NJ border by the GSP. More than happy to let you take a spin in mine, provided you can drive stick?
THX Ziggy...we should talk.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
If it is any sort of recommendation, my brother (a multi-Vet owner since 1959) and my son-in-law (a modified Z06 owner) were both pleasantly surprised at the handling & power of my 2009 GXP Convertible. My wife and I took a trip down South this past Fall and put maybe 2500 miles on it. Fun drive, plenty of power and quite comfortable. I've owned it for seven years now and have never regretted it.
THX John. Great info input from you and Vette owners.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Had an '06 NA (Silver on the left) for a couple of years. Enjoyed it. But couldn't hang real well in the Colorado mountains on cruise control. Moved to the GXP (red on the right) and fell in love on first drive. Will die with it in my garage. Have had an RPM Motorsports Stage III tune (new turbo, intercooler, hi-flow cat, charging tubes, custom tune) done on it. Love this car!
THX kkellen. Great pic of both of your babies together. Your post def says a lot...esp- Will die with it in my garage!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I traded my stock '81 Vette in on an '09 Solstice NA coupe a few years ago. Not an exact comparison as 18 years of technology easily pushed the Solstice to the top.
My priorities were coupe, low miles, manual, acceptable color, affordable, gxp (in that order). I test drove a low mileage NA coupe auto and was disappointed with the performance. I'm happy with the manual i got. I just couldn't find a gxp within my budget and timeline. I would like the extra hp and handling of the gxp, but mine is mostly a fair weather cruiser, so I'm not disappointed. I'll likely add some handling mods soon. I'm still on the original 20k, 11-year-old tires, so those are top of the list for upgrading this spring. I've thought about adding a convertible Solstice to my garage. I'd definitely go for a gxp manual. They are much easier to find than the coupes and would provide more "spirited" driving, when desired.
THX solstice799...(former Vette owner)...Great info here!...I THINK I'm leaning towards an A-red roadster GXP...manual.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a long time Vette guy that wants to buy a red 2008 or 09 Solstice conv. I'm looking for a excel cond/pristine, low mileage car.
I know the diff between a base Solstice and a GXP. Just wondering what you own and prefer? Have any of you owned both or driven both?
GXP, no contest to me if you want better performance. I would also compare the engineering on 08,09 vs others. Those seem to me to be the their best years.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
RobertEppich replied I have a Merlot Red with 12,450 miles on it.

THX Robert. Merlot is def gorgeous! Where r-u and car located?...but I think I'm leaning towards aggressive red.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
18 months ago I wanted a Corvette for Mid-life crisis 2.0... found this 2008 GXP and the rest is history! I'm all in for less than 20K. The rest of the Vette money went to buy my wife a Cadillac CT6 3.0TT. With my basic skills and tools, this car has been very easy to mod - I have turned what was a great stock car into a rocket on rails! Be picky and good luck with your search. :cool:

P.S. - Drop me a line anytime

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome,
The Solstice is an amazing little car both to drive and to own. As you probably know it can be personalized as much, or as little as you want, and still be a kick to own. I have two of them, one a GXP, and one a Base model. Both are 2008 in silver with black leather. The Base model is completely original, and like new, with only 6,000 miles. I have entertained selling it. The GXP is slightly modified and has 50,000 miles. If interested send me a message.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I picked up this one last summer. Red 2009 GXP Coupe, Manual, 4,100 miles, two soft tops, and a heap of in-box accessories. I just put the new wheels and tires on it over the weekend. VIN #17 of the sequential series. They only made 20 just like this in the sequential batch...the reds are hard to find. I had a Red 2008 GXP Convertible for a few years w the GMPP turbo upgrade...coup or drop top these things are a hell of a lot of fun.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Oh lord that's breathtakingly beautiful... More photos PLEASE. lol.

While I personally like the convertible, I too see the awesome appeal and practicality of the coupe and am keeping an eye out for them myself (plus would be MUCH easier to track given I wouldn't have to have a roll-bar).
Cheers all :)

21 - 40 of 47 Posts