Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost Sports Cars: Pontiac Solstice

Since the site is junk and I don't have time to bother figuring out how to comment, maybe some of you all can figure it out. It honestly sounds like this moron has never driven a Solstice, let alone seen one in person. I think he just picked a car to write about and grabbed some pictures off the internet. I'd love to leave a comment, but apparently their website is crap. He gives NO definitive reasoning behind any of his claims for the driving dynamics of the car being hit and miss. Someone please figure out how to leave a comment so we can correct this idiot. He even had the nerve to say that the Solstice only had "some" SCCA success. Gotta be kidding me...

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
I'm just relieved it wasn't an article about me (from reading your topic title.) lol!

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Actually the article said the solstice did have a "fair amount of success" in SCCA. It also says the GXP would have to be considered a true "sports car".

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Please realize I'm not trying to be preachy, but I think that if you don't like an article on the web, the worst thing you can probably do is repost it for others to look at. That drives the hits up, increases their ad revenue, and funds further bad articles. I think the best thing you can do if you don't like something on the Internet is let it die in obscurity. Just my opinion. We get out fair share if bad press for the car, so my reaction would be to ignore it.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Not that Ive read the article- but is it that far off? it's a 4 banger, pig of a roadster (I mean seriously 3000lbs?!)--- the brakes suck, the suspension could have been better, the design could have been better (interior and some exterior bits), BUT then again GM did not want any direct competition with the Whorevette...

BUT TO GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE: After all my mods the damn thing just flies... and it is a real hoot to drive.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Good point Jeff. The last thing I do is comment on bad articles. So many sites, including supposed "news" sites are interpreting hits and comments as success.

Racer X - I got a big chuckle out of your last post. Yes, there are issues we'll all acknowledge with the car, but you wrap it up with testimony of how much fun the car is . . .

and it's FOR SALE! lol!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Please realize I'm not trying to be preachy, but I think that if you don't like an article on the web, the worst thing you can probably do is repost it for others to look at. That drives the hits up, increases their ad revenue, and funds further bad articles.
That's true. Some would actually do that on purpose for exactly the same reasons mentioned above. Like a Youtube video, the more views it gets, the more beneficial it becomes to the owner. Keep it cool. He's just probably in the mood to annoy. ;)

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Please realize I'm not trying to be preachy, but I think that if you don't like an article on the web, the worst thing you can probably do is repost it for others to look at. That drives the hits up, increases their ad revenue, and funds further bad articles. I think the best thing you can do if you don't like something on the Internet is let it die in obscurity. Just my opinion. We get out fair share if bad press for the car, so my reaction would be to ignore it.
I normally follow these same rules for the internet. For some reason it put a bee in my bonnet and annoyed me. Probably due to the fact that they have disabled commenting. After reading the comments, most of the people get what this car is all about.

I agree the car has its faults, but for being a first time effort from GM; they hit the ball right off the wall for a triple. A 2nd generation would have likely been a homerun. It also forced a redesign of the much ballyhooed Miata, which proceeded to lose in a heads up comparison in Japan via Best Motoring. The Miata would have likely stayed a dreary hairdressers car without the Solstice/Sky competition. Frankly, the legacy of our cars falls in line with the old saying, "The star that shines brightest lives half as long."

·
Registered
628 Posts
Good point Jeff. The last thing I do is comment on bad articles. So many sites, including supposed "news" sites are interpreting hits and comments as success.

Racer X - I got a big chuckle out of your last post. Yes, there are issues we'll all acknowledge with the car, but you wrap it up with testimony of how much fun the car is . . .

and it's FOR SALE! lol!
BOOM!

and I forgot to say that it gets all da bitches- and since I'm married now... the batchelor ride has to go... dammit if these cars sell on Barrett Jackson for some unpresidented amount expect to see me on the news having offed my wife for presenting that I could get a better ride with more seats...

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BOOM!

and I forgot to say that it gets all da bitches- and since I'm married now... the batchelor ride has to go... dammit if these cars sell on Barrett Jackson for some unpresidented amount expect to see me on the news having offed my wife for presenting that I could get a better ride with more seats...
Why are you selling just because you're getting married? My wife and I have a Solstice, an RX-8, and a Wrangler. All three manual transmission. All three fun, and surprisingly practical. :D

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
There's always some douchebag out there with something bad to say. I have owned 20 different cars in the past 10 years and I don't have one bad thing to say about any of them. with that said, anyone interested in a car or truck really needs to go down to the dealership or find a used one and drive it and see for yourself. I really wanted a Lotus Elise but they were too expensive for me at the moment. I haven't driven one but from you tube, they are hard to get in and out of so should that be enough to steer me away? hell no. I love my Solstice and anyone who doesn't like it can bite me.
Charlie

·
Registered
292 Posts
I had a Wife!
She wrote about me and then I had to go to court.
LLLFLY

·
Registered
628 Posts
Why are you selling just because you're getting married?
That and I have 2 other cars... I really only want 2 cars, and it makes it impossible to modify any of the cars when you have regs, and maintanence on them as well. I have a 2008 is250 and a 2009 BMW 328i. Plus I intend to upgrade these two I currently have to higher grade models.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That and I have 2 other cars... I really only want 2 cars, and it makes it impossible to modify any of the cars when you have regs, and maintanence on them as well. I have a 2008 is250 and a 2009 BMW 328i. Plus I intend to upgrade these two I currently have higher grade models.
Well, I hope it all works out. I have to say though, seems strange to sell the only sports car and keep two luxury sports sedans. Maybe sell the Lexus?

·
Registered
628 Posts
There's always some douchebag out there with something bad to say. I have owned 20 different cars in the past 10 years and I don't have one bad thing to say about any of them. with that said, anyone interested in a car or truck really needs to go down to the dealership or find a used one and drive it and see for yourself. I really wanted a Lotus Elise but they were too expensive for me at the moment. I haven't driven one but from you tube, they are hard to get in and out of so should that be enough to steer me away? hell no. I love my Solstice and anyone who doesn't like it can bite me.
Charlie
Brotha--- the Lotus is an awesome car... driven the Elise the Exige, the Cup 260, the Evora and the Evora S... THOSE ARE SPORTS CARS from the factory... but hey to each his own.

Opinions offered are those of the individual making the representations. Moreover, the advice offered is ONLY general, and might be advice on a vehicle's potential pussy-magnetizm. Persons suffering from specific health problems- such as 'Haterism' are strongly urged to directly consult their vaginas, to promptly remove sand from said vagina(s).

Please be aware that information transmitted to this site is not for the faint of heart, flaming will occur, and sissyism may not be protected.

GOD help you if you are still reading this-- I mean seriously- don't your eyes hurt yet?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Well, I hope it all works out. I have to say though, seems strange to sell the only sports car and keep two luxury sports sedans. Maybe sell the Lexus?
Bro- I need the 4 seats... plus the Lexus is comfy... honestly I'd trade it for the IS-F.

·
Registered
564 Posts
HA My eyes actually did start to hurt, damn you racer x

By the way, that ugly Jeep vid on the link in the first post is pretty cool. I'm gonna get me one of dem one day!

Bert

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Not that Ive read the article- but is it that far off? it's a 4 banger, pig of a roadster (I mean seriously 3000lbs?!)--- the brakes suck, the suspension could have been better, the design could have been better (interior and some exterior bits), BUT then again GM did not want any direct competition with the Whorevette...

BUT TO GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE: After all my mods the damn thing just flies... and it is a real hoot to drive.
If it sucked that bad....how come you kept it this long? For the price range this car is in, I think its just fine! I had a Mustang, and my Mustang GT, was no where near this car...the handling on my Mustang was mediocre at best...the power was horrible. It felt like a slug. This car is a dream..... And you're comparing apples to oranges with your $50k "luxury" sedans.... But, if you want a luxury foreign sedan, that's your choice....just sayin...

·
Registered
628 Posts
If it sucked that bad....how come you kept it this long? For the price range this car is in, I think its just fine! I had a Mustang, and my Mustang GT, was no where near this car...the handling on my Mustang was mediocre at best...the power was horrible. It felt like a slug. This car is a dream..... And you're comparing apples to oranges with your $50k "luxury" sedans.... But, if you want a luxury foreign sedan, that's your choice....just sayin...
--- seems like someone missed my disclaimer...:chill:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts