Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't even know this car existed until today. I was just browsing the manufacturer sites to see what was new for 06, and I found this.

http://www.dodge.com/srt-4/

Check out the specs. you get a lot for you $21K.

230HP
250FT-LB
Power everything standard
Antilock brakes standard

Opinions ???


Now if only they had made it look Good :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
542 Posts
That is a pretty ugly car...I imagine that Dodge is trying to appeal to the younger audience with this car and go head on with the Mitsubishi Eclipse, which if you didn't know, is big with the high school kids.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
62/38 F/R Balance, FWD , 4 doors. . . yeah, I'll either pay more or keep looking . . .

not for me, but for some, this is the perfect car. . .
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,041 Posts
All it has is horsepower. There is no styling,no decent wheels, and four doors besides. Chrysler can keep their car, I'm keeping my Sol even at 177HP. :cool:
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
Liam1694u said:
I didn't even know this car existed until today. I was just browsing the manufacturer sites to see what was new for 06, and I found this.

http://www.dodge.com/srt-4/

Check out the specs. you get a lot for you $21K.

230HP
250FT-LB
Power everything standard
Antilock brakes standard

Opinions ???


Now if only they had made it look Good :lol:
Well, it was possible. The Neon (and SRT-4) are now out of production. :lol:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
For what it is (cheap, 4-door sedan, lots of power) it's a very nice car for the money. Yeah it doesn't look the best, but it's won a lot of awards recently.

Also MOPAR made official aftermarket kits for it too that made the car produce 355HP and 365 ft-lbs.

http://www.mopar.com/street/products_srt4_stage3.htm

GM is just now seeing the desire for kits like this and is releaseing the Stage 1 and Stage 2 kits for the LSJ cars (Cobalt SS & ION RL).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
I looked all over their webpages for the srt and could find no mention
of any features except 1) one kind of cloth seat vs another kind of cloth seat
2) A/C as an option and 3) sunroof as an option. I think it's fair to say that
this is a bare bones car w/o any power anything. One thing is does possess
is the uglies. Don't believe I want to be seen in this whatever it is. Perhaps if you attach signs on the fenders etc. announcing its HP ratings or lbs/HP ...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
585 Posts
kingarthur said:
I looked all over their webpages for the srt and could find no mention
of any features except 1) one kind of cloth seat vs another kind of cloth seat
2) A/C as an option and 3) sunroof as an option. I think it's fair to say that
this is a bare bones car w/o any power anything. One thing is does possess
is the uglies. Don't believe I want to be seen in this whatever it is. Perhaps if you attach signs on the fenders etc. announcing its HP ratings or lbs/HP ...
I drive an SRT-4 and believe me I have humbled a lot of $40,000 cars with it’s acceleration. With some simple mods bought right from the Dodge dealer you can boot the horsepower up to 290 !!
I love that little car, but I need a Solstice to round things out. I can also carry three other people and their luggage in that little “Neon”.
:yesnod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Well, it was possible. The Neon (and SRT-4) are now out of production. :lol:
They horribly blew their chance at making the Neon's replacement look good though...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,664 Posts
Looks like a tough job to get the top down on that "Neon." But, nice engine.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
Drex said:
They horribly blew their chance at making the Neon's replacement look good though...
I think it is a mistake to go to a hatch/wagon. Americans still seem to have an aversion to them. They still could have used a small sedan version.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
976 Posts
Drex said:
They horribly blew their chance at making the Neon's replacement look good though...

Looks more like a Vibe, or a Focus Wagon. The little SRT-4 is quick, and has more room, but it's soooooo little! Like 14 in wheels? Or 15's? something like that, they are small. Did someone say they didn't have power package options? That would suck!

Good gas mileage though.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Power Ok......Styling?.......

Powers seems good, but can't understand why they didn't do more with the Styling....... :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,664 Posts
:agree: with Zolsol.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
cadillacricket said:
Looks more like a Vibe, or a Focus Wagon. The little SRT-4 is quick, and has more room, but it's soooooo little! Like 14 in wheels? Or 15's? something like that, they are small. Did someone say they didn't have power package options? That would suck!

Good gas mileage though.....
SRT-4 doesn't have small wheels. It comes with 17 inch wheels (Tires are 205/50R17 performance tires).
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
ntouched said:
Powers seems good, but can't understand why they didn't do more with the Styling....... :(
It's just a pocket rocket. Not that means it is bad, but it is just a souped up Neon. Same as a Saturn Ion Redline, or Chevy Cobalt SS, Adding a spoiler, ground fx and a different front fascia seems to be the norm for this class.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
It's targeted at the 15-25 year old crowd. It's perfectly designed for what it's meant to do. Small, light, cheap, fast, tuner-styling, upgradable, etc.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,053 Posts
Those cars were pretty mean. I've seen a couple in action and they can really move. They look better in person. Too bad Dodge has a fetish for 4-door cars right now. A coupe SRT-4 would have been nice. Only Subaru has pulled off the 4-door super sport and that's because of all the Rally car action.



BTW. Post #900! :party:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
kingarthur said:
I looked all over their webpages... ...I think it's fair to say that this is a bare bones car w/o any power anything.
You didn't look very hard at their website.:skep: It says in several places that power windows and locks are standards. Same thing with Antilock breaks, and opps, lets not forget about a 230 HP turbo engine.

Barebones?

if anything it's the opposite. No you can't get leather seats, but you do get a lot of car for your money. Unfortunately it's a lot of ugly car :lol:
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top