Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Sol Deep said:
:banghead:
if they did start shipping...would expect to see them this week at some dealerships one would think.....Vin #1 made if from Detroit to Idaho over one weekend..but Im sure that was a special shipment too!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I think realistically, It may be next week before anyone receives a car.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
COuld be sitting on a train somewhere, in a depot waiting to be sent to dealers, out on the road, etc. I think we should start seeing reports of them arriving at dealers soon.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I just cruised by my dealer on lunch looking for lost car carrier :lol: Nothing to be found. Hope later in the week we'll see some action :blueangel

·
Registered
305 Posts
I hope so for all you with VIN #'s.

Remember that SmallDealer said average ship time is ~20 days!

I like many being within 100 miles of the plant hope it does not take that long when indeed they do ship my car.

Right now I just want a call from my dealer that my Sly one has been shipped.
Or at the minimum hear that someone's Sly car has a VIN #.

So be patient and hope for the best.

You would think they would have been a little smarter with the first 1000.

But it appears that they are building cars to send out in a rush after they
finish the first 1000. Which sucks a little but I kind of understand, dealers
need cars to show to sell more at this point in time. Everyone who really
wants the car has already ordered it (they have us), now they want more!!! Greedy little :devil: 's

·
Registered
763 Posts
please see the thread that I think you are talking about again, Gmlinedog set it straight.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
My prediction is that people like MCEB that are closer to the plant are going to see their cars first, probably beginning the second half of this week. The rest of us that have built cars with vins assigned probably not until the following week or the fourth week of August. Those without VINS of course may be later.

What concerns me is that we have no reports of cars being shipped from the plant (trucked) and no reports from dealers of anticipated delivery. Its my understanding dealers are invoiced just BEFORE cars are delivered (straight from my dealers mouth). With my dealer this is typically one to a few days before the vehicle is physically dropped. My dealer is contacting me as soon as they are invoiced (so I can get loan papers signed and insurance started).

·
Registered
288 Posts
PAO said:
if they did start shipping...would expect to see them this week at some dealerships one would think.....Vin #1 made if from Detroit to Idaho over one weekend..but Im sure that was a special shipment too!
It was. I was there when they told them that it was being custome delivered to their home on it's own truck.

I doubt the rest of us will get such special treatment! :lol:

Flagg

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's why I asked

PAS22 said:
What concerns me is that we have no reports of cars being shipped from the plant (trucked) and no reports from dealers of anticipated delivery. Its my understanding dealers are invoiced just BEFORE cars are delivered (straight from my dealers mouth). With my dealer this is typically one to a few days before the vehicle is physically dropped. My dealer is contacting me as soon as they are invoiced (so I can get loan papers signed and insurance started).
I'm VIN 7 and the build week was July 18, yet my dealer shows its still GM property, not loaded or in transit. I know they can't deliver all at once but I thought maybe someone was aware of some transit activity (other than to Idaho). So much for the Columbus, Ohio express.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Bought_It said:
You would think they would have been a little smarter with the first 1000.

But it appears that they are building cars to send out in a rush after they
finish the first 1000. Which sucks a little but I kind of understand, dealers
need cars to show to sell more at this point in time. Everyone who really
wants the car has already ordered it (they have us), now they want more!!! Greedy little :devil: 's
Wouldn't that be even more of a delay? If they really are building non first 1,000 cars before they finish producing the First 1,000 - those cars would just be sitting around collecting dust waiting to be shipped until after all First 1,000 go out.

Seems a bit silly to me...

Flagg

·
Registered
462 Posts
What did GM say on Friday?
Surely someone asked when we could start expecting them at our dealers!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Last minute quality control check? Logistics issue? Come on GM ship those puppies :willy:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
mceb said:
Last minute quality control check? Logistics issue? Come on GM ship those puppies :willy:
Patience! All in good time. Think about those of us that are many months away from getting ours. That should help you get through.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Editguy said:
Patience! All in good time. Think about those of us that are many months away from getting ours. That should help you get through.
I know. Don't mean to be greedy. I thought everything was cool as far as the patience thing goes a couple of weeks ago, but surprisingly, the closer the time comes for me to be sitting in it, the more impatient I become!!! :willy:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Maybe, just maybe they are holding them all back so we all take delivery at the same time at a secret location!! Maybe?? They might be bluffing on production rates and BAM!! Here they all are. Maybe??

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Sol Deep said:
I know. Don't mean to be greedy. I thought everything was cool as far as the patience thing goes a couple of weeks ago, but surprisingly, the closer the time comes for me to be sitting in it, the more impatient I become!!! :willy:
Yep, I'm sure I'll be the same way. some nights I wake up from a dream where I already have mine, and then I'm so disappointed when I realize it was just a dream. :cryin:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts