Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Are you attending the RenCen 1st 1000 Party? Where are you coming from?

• Yep - I'm coming from overseas

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are you coming from?

Also note if you are flying or driving, and drop in a post about how far you are driving if you think of it.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
My wife and I are driving in on Friday morning. According to Rand McNally our trip will be 255 Miles, 4 hours and 20 minutes. We are staying overnight to get a chance to meet other Forum members.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm in Cheyenne, Wyoming. Mapquest says it would be a 1228.74 mile drive taking 18.25 hours each way so instead I'm flying 3131 miles (connecting in Cinncinati on the way out and Atlanta on the way back). I'm staying at the Marriott Renaissance Center Thursday night and Friday night.

·
Registered
146 Posts
For those flying and staying at the Marriott Ren. Ctr. the Metro airport is 21 miles, but they tell me that is about a 45 min. drive and the average cost is approx. $50.(and up).

The airport offers taxi service or Metrocars (734-946-5700) $48. they do not require reservations-and are at gound transportation area. There is also another service called "Ride and Relax Transportation" (248-557-1510).

This hotel is the same complex that the event is to be held.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I was able to rent a car through AAA (Hertz) for $54 including all taxes and fees from DTW (Detroit Meto Wayne Airport). Cheaper than paying the cab fares.

Check that, I changed my flight to leave 5 hours earlier, and my car rental rate is not only $27.94 total. Go through Hertz and use CDP code 111 (AAA) for the discount.

·
Registered
146 Posts
TerpFan said:
I was able to rent a car through AAA (Hertz) for $54 including all taxes and fees from DTW (Detroit Meto Wayne Airport). Cheaper than paying the cab fares.
sounds like a great deal... the Ride and Relax Trans. is 35.00 one way-just got a call back from them.

Wonder when we will get details for of the event... I emailed promo HQ with some questions but haven't heard back yet.. They should of known that- any group that would buy a car-sight unseen, w/o a test drive would be game for an big GM event w/i a moments notice. LOL.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Maryland is missing!

Didn't see a choice for Maryland in your list. I moved up from the 24 month maintenance deal to 1st 1000 on July 11th, so now we have at least one 1st 1000 from Maryland!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
solsticeman said:
Wha???? No, it's there!!!

;) well, at least NOW it is... as well as NJ
Darn, sorry, it's at the end! I was looking for it in between PA and VA! :lol: ... thanks!

·
Registered
177 Posts
just flew thru Detroit a few hours ago and the GM store in Northwestern's terminal had zip, zero, nada Solstice stuff. Hope you guys enjoy the show

·
Registered
401 Posts
Wife and I will drive in on Friday, 4-1/2 hour, from norhtwest Indiana. May stay over night on Friday. Have to be back home by noon on Sat.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts