Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the 3 things about the Solstice that you like the least or don't like at all?

For me it's.... In order of most annoying first

1. The wrinkles on the sail panels. Though I would be buying a 2007 and I'm sure there will be a removable hard top out by then, either from the dealer or aftermarket.

2. Lack of storage space. Though I usually throw my groceries on the passenger side of my truck floor and seat anyway. Also having to partially disconnect the top to get to the trunk is annoying.

3. Possibly lack of a good rear view thru the rear window. Since I haven't driven one yet, I can't really even say for sure about that and I can't think of anything else.

other than like any car more power might be nice :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
fizzer said:
What would be the 3 things about the Solstice that you like the least or don't like at all?

1. The wrinkles on the sail panels. Though I would be buying a 2007 and I'm sure there will be a removable hard top out by then, either from the dealer or aftermarket.

2. Lack of storage space. Though I usually throw my groceries on the passenger side of my truck floor and seat anyway. Also having to partially disconnect the top to get to the trunk is annoying.

3. Possibly lack of a good rear view thru the rear window. Since I haven't driven one yet, I can't really even say for sure about that and I can't think of anything else.

Actually I could come up with more than 3 but that was also a storage issue with the interior.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
My top three would be:

1) Having to walk around the car to snap the top's sail panels.
2) The Miyan temple in the middle of the trunk. Would be nice to have that space for storage.
3) Trunk takes a long reach and a good slam to close. It is a little awkward.

Now, those are real nits, and I don't really mind any of them. It is more of a "wish list." :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
>>> The optional leaking and clunking package.
>>> No coin change holder, sunglasses, cell phone ( storage issue)
>>> Chrome Door handles
>>> Black fasade over rear exhaust ( should be body color )
>>> No dual exhaust

Overall, very satisified....

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Where's the Trunk?

Besides the lack of not having my car yet......

1. Trunk Space
2. Spare Tire
3. HP (lack of HP....should have been at least 200HP) :yesnod:

·
Registered
68 Posts
fizzer said:

1. Blind spot on driver's side, especially when going from the right lane to the left lane on the freeway.

2. Michigan weather. Oh how I hate the snow and how it makes me keep my sol garaged...

·
Registered
479 Posts
Come on Folks. It's a 2 seat convertible sports car...(at a great price I might add). Forget the wish list and have fun. Keep the top DOWN and you won't have to worry about "blind spots". :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
Here's a list of my top three complaints about the 2006 Pontiac Solstice:

1. Lack of trunk space.

2. See #3.

3. See #1.

But I don't care, this car is the gintchiest and the trunk space does not matter to me. There is no other car made in America that I would rather have. (um, is the Ford GT made in America?)

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
My top 3 "nitpicks" about my 2006 Solstice

1) Don't have it.

2) Hasn't been built.

3) Hasn't been preferenced :lol:

Real top 3:

1) trunk space

2) top operation

3) ??

--Chemist

·
Registered
479 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
Here's my top three complaints about the 2006 Pontiac Solstice:

1. Lack of trunk space.

2. See #3.

3. See #1.

But I don't care, this car is the gintchiest and the trunk space does not matter to me. There is no other car made in America that I would rather have. (um, is the Ford GT made in America?)

What's wrong with the trunk space? My dealer had a golf bag in it. That's all we need to carry. PS - If the wife can't pack efficiently, she's staying behind. :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,472 Posts
MITCH said:
1. The black non painted rear bumper.

2. The lack of BASS from the C.D. player.

Sorry those are the only 2 things, But come spring I can fix both of them, So then it will be perfect. Mitch
So Mitch, you are one of those people that like what I did to my aggressive, I agree it should be like that from the factory, since the Concept was that way.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Trunk space. Get a life.

The one thing I have to say about my Sol. I don't have the time to drive it. $26,000.00 Its a toy. Injoy It, or sell it!!!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
LatinVenom said:
So Mitch, you are one of those people that like what I did to my aggressive, I agree it should be like that from the factory, since the Concept was that way.
YUP! You did the finish for G.M. I will too! :yesnod:

·
2,574 Posts
gizmo2004 said:

1. Lack of trunk space.

2. See #3.

3. See #1.

I've heard a lot out of you Giz but are you now referencing "77Sunset Strip"
characters....Gintchiest? Haven't heard that since Kookie lost his comb. :lol:

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
birdliver said:
I've heard a lot out of you Giz but are you now referencing "77Sunset Strip"
characters....Gintchiest? Haven't heard that since Kookie lost his comb. :lol:
Oh, my, I guess my age is showing!

Edd Byrnes as GERALD "KOOKIE" KOOKSON III

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
The usual nitpicks...

1) Lack of small item storage space in cockpit but learning to make due
2) Trunk is small but usable with top down
3) Blindspots with top up but use the mirrors instead

All small things I don't lose any sleep over.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Fformula88 said:
My top three would be:

1) Having to walk around the car to snap the top's sail panels.
2) The Miyan temple in the middle of the trunk. Would be nice to have that space for storage.
3) Trunk takes a long reach and a good slam to close. It is a little awkward.

Now, those are real nits, and I don't really mind any of them. It is more of a "wish list." :)
I would not mind one either....................................................................................................................................................................... :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: if I could get one................ :cryin:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ljsroof said:
The one thing I have to say about my Sol. I don't have the time to drive it. $26,000.00 Its a toy. Injoy It, or sell it!!!

So nowadays a $26,000 car is considered a toy?

I suppose next people will be calling it a girls car too?

·
Registered
456 Posts
:agree:
gizmo2004 said:

1. Lack of trunk space.

2. See #3.

3. See #1.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts