Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have struggled with my color choice; however, I have loved Sly from the first sight. I have always wanted a red convertible, but I think Sly is a safe choice and the interior flows well with the color ... or is it just the massive marketing of the color? :confused:

1) If you changed colors, then what did you start with and what did you switch to?

2) What made you change your mind,either to stay,or change? (ie viewed the colors in person, ect)

3) If you have not changed your mind, then what would be your second choice?

I wanted to see other peoples answers, because the original colors (on the website) looked different then the current photos. Also, I will not be in the States for a while, so I am interested in what the red (agressive) looks like (up close). The red looks a little offf, fom what I have seen. JMHO

I am currently a Sly guy, with agressive as my #2 choice ... and have about 6 months to make a change :yawn: ... so I am sure that I will get to see some good photos of the 1st 1000 guys.

·
Registered
819 Posts
MSG,

Here is a link to a web site inside this forum with a number of pictures from a Ride and Drive event earlier. It has a couple of the Aggressive cars.

http://www.solsticesky.com/FirstPics/index.html

I have the one in the sun as the wallpaper on my laptop. That is my color!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
I have struggled with my color choice; however, I have loved Sly from the first sight. I have always wanted a red convertible, but I think Sly is a safe choice and the interior flows well with the color ... or is it just the massive marketing of the color? :confused:QUOTE]

:agree: Like you I picked Sly and I too have wondered was it the marketing of the color - I wanted the red, but we did like the Sly and since we had a big poster staring at us with Sly we went with that - I know someone else in my town went with Cool, so is there always going to be a part of me that wish we went for the Aggresive!??? I will never know - cuz I think no matter what color - I will love it!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
The silver and grey both look great with the grey of the 2 tone interior. These colors also give you a monotone appearance on the exterior with the several silver/grey accents in the car (strip on rear deck, front grille, windshield surround).

If you like the opposite (contrast) the darker colors work great against these silver/grey accents.

Black gets a great contrast against the rear tail lights (red) but gives nice monotone with black cloth top (black on black).

A red exterior is nice but then you get the monotone apearance on the rear tail lights.

Also consider black and red are not metalic colors so they don't have those little specs in them and are harder to keep clean (especially black).

I went with black exterior and 2 tone interior because I like the black on black top on the exterior and the tan/grey breaks it up on the interior.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mceb said:
The silver and grey both look great with the grey of the 2 tone interior. These colors also give you a monotone appearance on the exterior with the several silver/grey accents in the car (strip on rear deck, front grille, windshield surround).

If you like the opposite (contrast) the darker colors work great against these silver/grey accents.

A red exterior is nice but then you get the monotone apearance on the rear tail lights.
:agree:

That was my thought on the Sly and agressive. You seem to loose some of the cars "flow" or curves with the red. Also, the red looked a little "tomato-ish" in color. (JMHO)

The only drawback with the Sly, in my opinion, is that it most likely will be the most popular. However, I believe the Sol will be like the MR2 and they will turn heads ... no matter what color you pick. :cool:

·
Registered
401 Posts
As you we are Sly, when we were putting in our order, I first thought of the blue, but the wife wanted the Sly. Since it is her car she won, big surprise. After seeing the colors in Detroit, I am glad we went with Sly. The blue is to dark for me, it all most looks black alot of the time. The red is very sharp and I could see it, but not for my family, because in Indiana red goes with Iindiana U., and when you are a Purdue grad it is hard to show up at a tail gate party with a red car. As I said on another post this is the order I liked. Red, Sly, Cool, Blue, Black, Green, Pure. As before keep safe.

First 1000- Fully loaded, standard radio, no smoker package

·
Registered
22 Posts
Color conflicted

I put down a deposit in April and chose Deep. Since then I have changed it to Green and then to Red.....everytime I see new photos on this site I change my mind! I'm staying with Red....although I think the Sol looks great with any color, I have to keep my sanity while waiting and stick with the Red.....hurry up GM...before I change it again!

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pmaynard said:
I put down a deposit in April and chose Deep. Since then I have changed it to Green and then to Red.....everytime I see new photos on this site I change my mind! I'm staying with Red....although I think the Sol looks great with any color, I have to keep my sanity while waiting and stick with the Red.....hurry up GM...before I change it again!

That is my issue (Black, red, and grey all look like winners), plus I have a longer wait then most. I will pick mine up in Montgomery, AL, so maybe we might pass each other some time. :cool:

·
Registered
462 Posts
I originally wanted Sly.
Then after seeing more pics of the black I almost changed.

But after contemplating for a few days I decided to stick with Sly because we have a very long gravel driveway and the black would have been too hard to keep clean. ;)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I chose RED and I have not waivered from my choice!

I would have picked Sly but it ALREADY seemed too played out.

Black would have been my second choice, but since I live in FL black is a no-no.

So I will be one of a handful of Red Sols in town and I'll bet I turn more heads than all the Sly guys! :D

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
When I first saw "mysterious" (black) I actually had a visceral reaction that led me to doubt my choice of "Cool".
Since everyone of my cars have either been black or silver (with the exception of the '60 Impala which has its original light blue paint) it was pretty much a nobrainer.
My first impression of the Solstice at the NY Auto Show was of a two-toned "Cool", so that's what I ordered. After seeing the recent pic posts, I'm still glad I did.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Been to Detriot, seen them all, cant go wrong with any of the colors. A great looking car looks great no matter how you paint it. We currently have a "97 Miata" all black (wifes car) and are getting another triple black ( soon to be mine). PIA for keepng clean but sure looks classey. Dont fret your choice, your gonna love it no matter what. Mysterious/Leather/Vin#160

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
MSG_McKee said:

That is my issue (Black, red, and grey all look like winners), plus I have a longer wait then most. I will pick mine up in Montgomery, AL, so maybe we might pass each other some time. :cool:
It's never too late for that Camo Solstice. :lol:

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dori-san said:
I chose RED and I have not waivered from my choice!

I would have picked Sly but it ALREADY seemed too played out.

Black would have been my second choice, but since I live in FL black is a no-no.

So I will be one of a handful of Red Sols in town and I'll bet I turn more heads than all the Sly guys! :D
dori-san, I am stationed at Ft Stewart ... about 1 to 1 1/2 hr from Jax (depends on if the Sol is past the break in period ;) ), Fl. I have heard of other states/regions trying to stage meetings, so let me know if there are others close by. My friend has a replica Cobra and we plan to go on some roaad trips. :cool:

PS: the mock Vanilla Ice Ninja Rap is classic! :lol:

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
stang said:
It's never too late for that Camo Solstice. :lol:
:lol:

I have that on my laptop!

I would take one in a heartbeat, if they limited it to the overseas orders .... maybe GM is reading this? ;)

The reversed camo flag comletes the look! :yesnod:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I too ordered the Sly. My second choice was Deep because I really like blue. But I love the two tone interior, which I think looks best with the Sly. If I went with Deep, my need for color coordination would have forced me to order the black leather interior, and at the time, we didn't really have any pics of what complete interior for the black leather looked like.

Once all the pics of the pre-production cars started showing up, I found that I really liked the Aggressive Red too. But again, I would have had to go with the black interior, and I just really like the two tone interior better.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Anything but OD Green

Hey MSG. I originally picked Sly myself, but then I saw some new pictures posted on Pontiac's site that showed the black.

Because it is a part time vehicle, I was OK with it. I have a Ford 500 in black and it's not easy to keep clean.

I was fortunate to change it before the order was placed.
I like the deep (blue). It seems to change hues based on the angle and lighting.

The Envious is nice with a british flavor.

The aggressive is eye catching (for police) but I wish it were a little darker

Cool has a very basic look sort of like raw steel

And if you wanted to change the seats to red, the white would be a great look.(I almost ordered a new convertible Mustang with that combo)

The two colors that I see coming are fly yellow and plum crazy(old mopar color)
Hindsight is 20/20 and I'd rather be lucky than good.
Due to the delay in Sly production, I glad I switched to black.

Anyway, who would want a color named after Sylvester Stallone?

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

The red is missing something and I just sold my black F150 and it was hard to keep clean :yawn: (maybe I am too lazy).

However, if they put those black and red Sky seats in the black Sol, then it would be a no decision!

I would like to see a yellow Sol with black an yellow leather interior (ie Corvette).

1 - 20 of 45 Posts