Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer (local Buick/GMC) called yesterday to tell me the parts were in, and made an appointment to get the switch replaced today. Despite having an "appointment", the wait was a rather lengthy 2.5hrs. The dealership was busy. I forgot to check the glove compartment lock, but as they kept the old keys, must not be a problem
Be sure and take both keys/fobs when you go as they will need reprograming. The keys are plain.
FWIW: I got on the list early, if you just got your letter or haven't contacted your dealer you are probably in for a wait.
Hubert

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I'd much rather continue driving my GXP than some random rental while my baby sits out in the sun begging for someone to scratch it. I have an appointment for the 06 in 2 weeks but they haven't confirmed they have parts. maybe I'll call this week.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I'd much rather continue driving my GXP than some random rental while my baby sits out in the sun begging for someone to scratch it. I have an appointment for the 06 in 2 weeks but they haven't confirmed they have parts. maybe I'll call this week.
I have to agree, the last time our car was at the dealer it got hit.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Make sure you test the keys with the doors. Mine didn't work on the first try and they had to brush the keys a bit. And insist they let you keep at least one key for dupes.

·
Premium Member
17,531 Posts
I already have three keys for my car. They lost one then found it after making a replacement. I am not intending taking more than one key with me when the update is performed.

Course its not an option for me currently as my car is still at Jeff's being painted :grouphug:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Why would they need to reprogram the fobs? Seems the key and fob shouldn't be dependent on each other.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Why would they need to reprogram the fobs? Seems the key and fob shouldn't be dependent on each other.
No they aren't but when I did mine he took my fobs anyway for some reason. I guess more of a precaution if the guys had to mess with the Tech II.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts