Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, so I never really left. But I did finally cave in and trade in my customized 2.4 base Solstice(Little Red Devil) for an 08' Mysterious Black GXP. I just had to get a turbo. The prices of the GXP are much more affordable now days. Many of you may have remembered seeing me mod my car over the years and I was even picked to be on MY RIDE RULES the TV show on the Speed Channel. Now I have a new project car. BLACK WIDOW. My 07' was a great car and I had lots of fun tuning it and customizing it. Now let the mods begin again! At least this time around I know what to but and what not to buy.

I do have one question about the TPMS. Is there a way to get each wheel's TPMS re-calibrated? I used a regular tire pressure gauge to read the tire pressure and it was normal on all 4 tires at 29PSI. But, when I used my instrument DIC it showed each tire with a different reading. Some said 32, some said 31. So basically they were all off by a few pounds. I find this very annoying. Can't this be fixed so that the readings are more accurate? What is the point of having this feature if it is not accurate?

For those of you who would like to see my old verses new project BLACK WIDOW idea, here is what you can expect to see some time in the near future. I did a little Photoshoping on my new/used 08' GXP.

And this was my old base 2.4 ltr, Red Devil. Guess I need to change my screen name now. LOL!

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Congrats RD I think you'll really going to enjoy the extra HP. BTW, manual or auto, and skip the name change just make sure DDM sends you a devil sticker in red. Or better yet have Bettie Page, Red Devil graphic airbrushed on :devil:

·
Registered
551 Posts
It's a 5 speed manual. All my sports cars are manuals. ;)

Any advice on the TPMS? Are they always off a little?

Mine are always the same as my tire gauge. Same with my wife's. Not sure what the reset procedure would be though.

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Congrats....BlackDevil! ('bout time you came around to the right paint color!)

Make this one a little bit funky, would ya?

·
Registered
243 Posts
They are pretty accurate, i swore i had an accurate tire guage but after checking it at work for accuracy, it was reading 4 lbs high and the TPMS was correct.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!!! :cool:

It seems like I remember reading a thread on here about calibrating the DIC readout for the TPMS, but I might have been dreaming... :willy:

·
Premium Member
325 Posts

It seems like I remember reading a thread on here about calibrating the DIC readout for the TPMS, but I might have been dreaming... :willy:
Oh well....I think that was a thread about calibrating them for the correct wheel location I was thinking of.....sorry, no help, I'm useless... :leaving:

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Just recently had to replace a wheel & tire. When the tire shop switched the sensor from the front & rear wheel swap, they cleared the sensors by having me hold both the Open/Close buttons on my key fob, then reset each sensor with a hand-held reader.
You might check that option out at a dealer or tire shop! Good Luck!

And the photo-chopped Mysterious looks pretty cool! Good luck with the New project car. Time again for "My Ride Rules", this time they'll feel the torque boost with a GXP version!! That should wake up the guy with his Lincoln!! Chick Car my Azz!

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
The '12 Impala rental I have is reading low tire pressure on left front. I checked with gauge and it was 2 lbs under. All 4 were reading higher than mfr recommendations. Evened them all out with a manual gauge and my compresser. They're all reading lower than the gauge (could be the gauge itself) and the left front is still giving me the warning message.

Scoured on-line and it appears there is a "tool" that the dealer or tire shop uses with a procedure similar to what Steve outlined above. Older models had a "learn" mode where you'd drop the pressure 10 psi, then raise it back up and then drive it to recalibrate. There were also procedures where you turned the key on, press and hold the radio button on (that's where the diags would turn on at), then you jacked off the dome light two or three times and it would re-set.

So, basically, I'm of no help to you Devil!

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

YES! I found out how to do it reading the owner's manual. So all is correct now. It just needed to be re calibrated using the DIC. :agree::yesnod::)

·
Registered
459 Posts
I see you are going to change your new car over to right hand drive. That will make it unusual. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congrats on new ride

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cooper, it only looks that way to us. On RD's side of the screen it looks normal.
Yeah it's because I flipped the image in photo shop. Car is still left hand drive sided.

·
Registered
459 Posts
You guys have nosense of humor. Didn't you see :) at end of my post? Sheesh!!

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
You guys have nosense of humor. Didn't you see :) at end of my post? Sheesh!!
Actually, I thought your post was very funny. I thought mine, however, was funnier - implying that looking at it from the inside of your monitor would put the wheel on the correct side!

:lol:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts