Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:party: :party: :party: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

okay...i'm really excited now....My car jumped to "3400 Broadcast"....so I figure I should get my car the first week of October since the First 1000 haven't received their cars yet.......how long does it normally stay at 3400? Broadcast is the actual build process in the plant, right?

Deep w/Ebony interior
B32 Floormats, carpeted
C60 Air Conditioning
G80 LSD
JL9 ABS
PCQ Premium Package
QF8 Polished Aluminum Wheels
UQ3 Monsoon audio
US8 Radio
U2K XMSR
ZQ2 Power Package
ZQ3 Convenience Package

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Great Todd! 3400 means available/ready to build I think.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Congrats, Todd!!!! It's about time you got some GOOD news, huh?

Hopefully mine's coming up soon. I remember being one of the "lucky ones" the first time there was a constraint on leather. Mine went to 3000 then and I remember how P.O.ed you were that you got passed over at your dealership. Looks like you passed me back, brother. :cheers:

Now I'm REALLY going to be nagging my dealer! Meantime is it OK if I try to live vicariously through your victory?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2KWK4U said:
Congrats, Todd!!!! It's about time you got some GOOD news, huh?

Hopefully mine's coming up soon. I remember being one of the "lucky ones" the first time there was a constraint on leather. Mine went to 3000 then and I remember how P.O.ed you were that you got passed over at your dealership. Looks like you passed me back, brother. :cheers:

Now I'm REALLY going to be nagging my dealer! Meantime is it OK if I try to live vicariously through your victory?
Let's not call it a victory, yet! All the first 1000 need to get their cars out of the Wilmington parking lot and into their garage!

However, a raise of the glass and a toast to quick builds and deliveries....cheers! :cheers:

:party:

·
Registered
162 Posts
My car went to broadcast the first time on 8-10 and the second time on 8-19 and is still there. I still do not have a vin number. I hope you have better progress than I am having.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
Let's not call it a victory, yet! All the first 1000 need to get their cars out of the Wilmington parking lot and into their garage!

However, a raise of the glass and a toast to quick builds and deliveries....cheers! :cheers:

:party:
I think you going to see alot more deliveries with 1000 and zz and fm's on one truck. Maybe first allocations also. They get there's in the morning we get ours in the afternoon. That would be pretty neat. I know some of the first 1000 would't like it but most won't mind. Some first 1000 think they should send a truck with two cars on it, but I don't think thats going to happen.

Congrats !! I also went 3400 on the 29 th.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
deluke said:
I think you going to see alot more deliveries with 1000 and zz and fm's on one truck. Maybe first allocations also. They get there's in the morning we get ours in the afternoon. That would be pretty neat. I know some of the first 1000 would't like it but most won't mind. Some first 1000 think they should send a truck with two cars on it, but I don't think thats going to happen.

Congrats !! I also went 3400 on the 29 th.
I'm hoping once the last of the "first 1000" is off the truck, they will start moving quickly. I hope this is what causes the production line to go to full capacity...i heard they are now producing sky mules on the same line...

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
The recent Canadian experience is one car going from 3400 to 4000 in one week. Hope you get the same timeline. :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
I'm hoping once the last of the "first 1000" is off the truck, they will start moving quickly. I hope this is what causes the production line to go to full capacity...i heard they are now producing sky mules on the same line...
Once the car is shipped if going by rail can take 4 weeks or more. I don't think GM is stupid enough to hold back shipment of cars that are only going by truck to closer destinations. Once they ship the first 1000 I think that would leave them open to start shipping the rest that are done. And if GM did hold back cars that would be the dumbest thing they ever did and deserve to go under.

zero/zip ct.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fortyninenorth said:
The recent Canadian experience is one car going from 3400 to 4000 in one week. Hope you get the same timeline. :thumbs:
Ohhhhh...I'm salivating! Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Congrats to you!!! :cheers: :party:

My order was picked up 8/22 and on 8/24 the plant showed it as ready to be built but with no build date. As of 8/31 there was still no build date, but my dealer told me to keep calling back each Wed. and he would keep checking for me. He also said he would let me know if something happens before I call him back, but he told me to call on Wed. as well. As of the 31st the guy who got one of the 1st 1000 still hadn't received his car even though GM said it should have been there on either the 29th or 30th. My dealer said that once there's a build date assigned it should be about 4-6 weeks from that date until I see it.

I might be able to get some good top down motoring in before the snow comes!! I'm hoping that with as hot as it's been this summer the fall will be pretty mild too. Of course if we get snow like we got last year I may not get to drive it too much this winter. We had upwards of 3' of snow around Christmas time and it all came in a matter of 6-8 hours.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
simmonsmb said:
Congrats to you!!! :cheers: :party:

My order was picked up 8/22 and on 8/24 the plant showed it as ready to be built but with no build date. As of 8/31 there was still no build date, but my dealer told me to keep calling back each Wed. and he would keep checking for me. He also said he would let me know if something happens before I call him back, but he told me to call on Wed. as well. As of the 31st the guy who got one of the 1st 1000 still hadn't received his car even though GM said it should have been there on either the 29th or 30th. My dealer said that once there's a build date assigned it should be about 4-6 weeks from that date until I see it.

I might be able to get some good top down motoring in before the snow comes!! I'm hoping that with as hot as it's been this summer the fall will be pretty mild too. Of course if we get snow like we got last year I may not get to drive it too much this winter. We had upwards of 3' of snow around Christmas time and it all came in a matter of 6-8 hours.
Once it's built and pases inspection only those by train will take 4 to 6 weeks. The car that are closer will be shipped by truck and could be here in a week or less.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
simmonsmb said:
We had upwards of 3' of snow around Christmas time and it all came in a matter of 6-8 hours.
Time to move to the south!

I grew up in Massachusetts and never liked the snow. Landed in New Orleans, Atlanta, now North Carolina. I'm going in the wrong direction! :willy:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
Time to move to the south!

I grew up in Massachusetts and never liked the snow. Landed in New Orleans, Atlanta, now North Carolina. I'm going in the wrong direction! :willy:

At least your car should be sent by truck. What 5 to 6 hour drive? Maybe we'll be on the same truck.

:grouphug:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Congrats Todd! Maybe someone was able to move you ahead of your dealers other order? Glad to see you got a pick-me-up, it can sure change a guys mood! Hope it comes soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts