Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.... This is my first post, because I jsut recently fell in love with the solstice. So i started looking, and my search ended in jacksonville.

Apparently the dealer i went to is the number one dealer in the south, and they just got more allocations. I put down my down payment today and the dealer says i'm looking at late november early december.

yay!

we'll see how accurate it is in a few weeks :0)

·
Registered
511 Posts
i3ooivl said:
Well.... This is my first post, because I jsut recently fell in love with the solstice. So i started looking, and my search ended in jacksonville.

Apparently the dealer i went to is the number one dealer in the south, and they just got more allocations. I put down my down payment today and the dealer says i'm looking at late november early december.

yay!

we'll see how accurate it is in a few weeks :0)
You will not see your car in 2005, He or she ment 2006. Ive had mine
ordered for 6 months, Car was just built, And don't think I will see it till the end of Oct, so good luck if you think you will be getting it this year.

·
Registered
350 Posts
It is possible that he could get it by the end of 2005. If the dealer had 6 allocations and the dealer got another 4 that means he is towards the middle of the 1st 4 months, so end of the year early 2006 is possible

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Must be dori-san's dealer, so he might know the time schedule.

I know of an AL dealer who says he has 2 coming in on the train. Question is how much are they asking for the Sol ... MSRP? :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MSG_McKee said:
Must be dori-san's dealer, so he might know the time schedule.

I know of an AL dealer who says he has 2 coming in on the train. Question is how much are they asking for the Sol ... MSRP? :confused:

It is dori-san's.... and they are asking msrp!! I was extremely impressed by this dealership.

If I heard the guy correctly, They had 18 allocations and they already sold 11 of them with one cancelation.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
i3ooivl said:
It is dori-san's.... and they are asking msrp!! I was extremely impressed by this dealership.

If I heard the guy correctly, They had 18 allocations and they already sold 11 of them with one cancelation.
:thumbs:
I live about 1 1/2 hr from there, so maybe I should email your dealer. :confused: I am currently deployed, but I am starting over in the buying process. My wife likes the Sol more and I have kinda grown attached to the Sky ... maybe I should just get both. ;)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Check my sig... I'm 3rd of 11, and yes. I was informed just recently although it hadn't made sence until seeing this thread. They HAD 11, possibly due to their recent relocation and GRAND REOPENING (and not to mention they are as you said, one of the top dealers of the south), they were given 7 extra cars for their allotment. Although when I spoke with my salesman on Thursday he mentioned that they now only have 3 or 4 left out of that 18.

·
Registered
202 Posts
They are now down to 0 out of 18 - I am 1 on the waiting list - bummer - they are trying to get another in their initial allocation but I am not holding my breath.

The event(chamber of commerce) that dori-sans took the photos - really pushed the sales here in jax.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Same thing happened to some dealerships in Vegas -- they were given a couple more allocations for this year......

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
This seems to reinforce the notion that Northern allocations are being redeployed south of the Mason-Dickson line in anticipation of cancelled orders in the snow belt. :(

The South Shall Rise Again. :cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Dorisan. Is your dealer Nimnicht? I'm 6 of 14 1st 4mo at Nimnicht. Your photos were great. I couln't make the grand opening so I was glad to see the photos. I did see a black one here in Gville the next day. PS where does the 3 of 11 come from? :leaving: Thats why I'm asking about Nimnicht.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
It's because they only had an allocation of 11 when I ordered...

Here, I'll change my sig... even though I don't know my VIN yet I can wager a really close guess!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
As close as I was, I was just barely off...

I put VIN #1016XX in my sig because I had a feeling I was gonna be between 1600-1650.

Talked to my dealership again today and after a good bit of digging he called me back:

1599!

oh, so close! dang. lol :party: whee! I got my VIN!

·
Registered
93 Posts
No need to speculate on when other people will get their cars...

Andrew Jackson said:
You will not see your car in 2005, He or she ment 2006. Ive had mine
ordered for 6 months, Car was just built, And don't think I will see it till the end of Oct, so good luck if you think you will be getting it this year.
No one has any idea when they are getting their own cars, let alone when someone else is getting theirs. It is going to be a different timetable for everyone. It depends on a lot of factors, not just how long someone before you had to wait. If you have been waiting 4 months, did you think you would have your 2006 car before September of the year before?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm sorry, you actually said SIX months you've been waiting...

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
BriBoop said:
I'm sorry, you actually said SIX months you've been waiting...
I gave the dealer the deposit on 3/23... got the car six months to the day later....

·
Registered
230 Posts
dori-san said:
As close as I was, I was just barely off...

I put VIN #1016XX in my sig because I had a feeling I was gonna be between 1600-1650.

Talked to my dealership again today and after a good bit of digging he called me back:

1599!

oh, so close! dang. lol :party: whee! I got my VIN!
SWEET!
Soon we'll be able to pick up chicks! Two guys in 1 Solstice means the women have to drive themselves to our house. Now 2 guys in 2 Solsti... I'll say it again:
SWEET!

·
Registered
146 Posts
My dealer has one -the buyer backed out... it should be on it's way soon. They have a sly and a mysterious. New car mgr. said they can put an order in for two other cars, as people cancel-orders move up the list. There is at least one up for graps, just like VIN 001... maybe another.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Jacksonville dealer

What is name of dealer in Jacksonville? My brother lives near there and maybe I can get him to make some contact for me, Thanks

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Check back in this thread. Bob Bitchin mentioned the name already. ;)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts