Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I am new to the forum and just got the ability to post. My first post might seem dumb to some of you but I was wondering where the term "Sly" came from? I've seen it numerous times and I want to keep up on the Solstice lingo!

Thanks
Len

·
4,592 Posts
anticd70 said:
Hey everyone, I am new to the forum and just got the ability to post. My first post might seem dumb to some of you but I was wondering where the term "Sly" came from? I've seen it numerous times and I want to keep up on the Solstice lingo!

Thanks
Len
Not so dumnb, I've been here for 1.4 years, and I don't know? It's a color choice, I'm am fairly confident of that, but which one???

·
Registered
184 Posts
It is one of the Solstice colors -- Gun Metal Gray

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quick question for you about your Sol, if you dont mind, howmuch did you end up paying for your new ride w/ it pretty much loaded?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
anticd70 said:
Quick question for you about your Sol, if you dont mind, howmuch did you end up paying for your new ride w/ it pretty much loaded?
If you want to configure a car for yourself, and see what it would cost MSRP, which is what most everyone is paying (or more), go to cars.com

·
4,592 Posts
mcbman said:
SLY is the Grey.
COOL is the Silver.
See, I don't get this, why sly - cool and the rest. You have to be part of the club to get those terms, nobody outside of the car/solstice world will use those.

Doesn't Titanium Grey or Velocity Red or Avacado Green make more sense?

Avacado green, I made that one up, I wonder if it actually exits though :lol:

·
Registered
462 Posts
anticd70 said:
If I remember correctly $24,800 -- See Signature

·
Registered
184 Posts
I don't think of a car as Avacado Green -- It makes me think of dirty diapers :lol:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Avacado green? Yuck! I agree with your premise, though. It would make more sense.

·
4,592 Posts
Glad to hear! Cause I've been here a while, and I have no clue. I will learn them (the color names) when the car hits the lots, that's if the car sells me once I see it and drive it.

But since we're at it, someone want to post those color names and their corresponding colors?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sly - grey
Cool - silver
Aggressive - red
Mysterious - black
envious - green
pure - white

·
4,592 Posts
Sol Survivor said:
Sly - grey
Cool - silver
Aggressive - red
Mysterious - black
envious - green
pure - white
Thanks! Pretty easy, but I still don't get the point. Either way :willy:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
RODEO said:
See, I don't get this, why sly - cool and the rest. You have to be part of the club to get those terms, nobody outside of the car/solstice world will use those.

Doesn't Titanium Grey or Velocity Red or Avacado Green make more sense?

Avacado green, I made that one up, I wonder if it actually exits though :lol:
Our first house had avacado green bath fixtures. Didn't Vega's come in that color?

Anyway if you check the colors for the VIBE, they have names like this, so I think somewhere in marketing someone thought catchy names would be Cool, so they were Aggressive in developing the Pure concept. A Mysterious thing happened, as Sly as they were they got in so Deep that the other guys were Envious.

·
4,592 Posts
GradSoulStice said:
RODEO, I am ashamed.
Hey, I'm not the one with an avatar showing himself sitting in an avacado green solstice :lol:

Sorry, which color code is green again, I know it's not sly, or mysterious, or pure, hhhmmmmm....I just looked at the list a minute ago and I can't remember. Get my point?

Those that have been ordering the cars know this because they've been studying the ordering details. Myself, I'm reading mostly about performance issues. I've never looked at the options and pricing stuff everyone has put together. One day, when I'm ready to buy, I'll tell the guy/girl "I'll take the red one"!!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
achieftain said:
Anyway if you check the colors for the VIBE, they have names like this, so I think somewhere in marketing someone thought catchy names would be Cool, so they were Aggressive in developing the Pure concept. A Mysterious thing happened, as Sly as they were they got in so Deep that the other guys were Envious.

I really like that phrase - very catchy :cool:

Morts

·
4,592 Posts
achieftain said:
A poet, and he doesn't know it!

achieftain, you're gonna need a web page to put these creations on, don't forget to put your brentil creation there!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
morts01 said:
I really like that phrase - very catchy :cool:

Morts
In one of the videos of the Sol whether on the Pontiac site or on the CD there was a rotational morphing of colors with the trick names and it was, well Cool.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts