Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded in my '08 Sol yesterday after dealing with months and months of issues trying to get them corrected. The dealer finally diagnosed the sputtering issue with a problematic waste gate actuator. It took care of the problem, but since the car is out of production and having lived through owning two Fieros after they were cancelled, I've had enough of Pontiac two seaters to last a lifetime. Loved the car when it was running right, but that was becoming more and more rare as time went on. 63,000 miles was fourth down and time to punt.

Later guys. Enjoy your cars if they're running well. They are the most beautiful and fun to drive cars that have ever been built in my opinion, when they're running right. I've driven ZR1s and Vipers, as well as owned many heavily modified F-bodies, 'Stangs, and GTOs, but the Solstice will always be my favorite as an affordable driver's car.

I'm off to play in 4x4 land for a new adventure. This should be fun and entertaining for a few years......This Forum has been a great point of reference on many levels. Thanks boys!

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Sorry to "lose" you thrashed but have fun in the world of 4x4's.

(Can't wait to see a new member in the VA area join and talk about what a great buy they got on a Sol with 63 k miles on it.) lol

If thrashed's luck is like mine once you sell a car it runs GREAT for the next guy! (I've had that happen to me twice - unloaded vehicles because they were nickle and diming me to death and the buyer ends up driving them forever with only gas and oil going into them.)

·
Registered
6,934 Posts
I've owned my 88 Fiero for 23 years and have never had anything but routine maintenance on it, despite the fact that I have highly modified the engine.

All cars are temperamental. If you don't really love owning a particular car, there is no point sticking with it. I expect you were really more a 4x4 guy than a sports car guy, and hope you have found a place that suits you better than Solstice ownership obviously did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts