Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pontiac called me back to update me on the terrible practices of my dealer about keeping my car on the floor when it comes in.They called my dealer Van Devere in Akron, and said they really frowned upon the practice, and my dealer said "That's what were doing" Period. It is now being transfered over to the regional Manager of GM. So we"ll see what happenes. Not only does he feel he has the right to keep my car hostage, the pontiac guy said, what if you don't get an allocation in soon to replace hers, like maybe until Febuary, and he said, looks like she won't have the car until Febuary!!!! Then he proceded to say, if the next customers car comes in, they will release mine and keep theirs!! I know there is another member on here who purchased a car from this dealer, if you read this PM me ok??? All for now,,, Marla

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
mogo said:
Pontiac called me back to update me on the terrible practices of my dealer about keeping my car on the floor when it comes in.They called my dealer Van Devere in Akron, and said they really frowned upon the practice, and my dealer said "That's what were doing" Period. It is now being transfered over to the regional Manager of GM. So we"ll see what happenes. Not only does he feel he has the right to keep my car hostage, the pontiac guy said, what if you don't get an allocation in soon to replace hers, like maybe until Febuary, and he said, looks like she won't have the car until Febuary!!!! Then he proceded to say, if the next customers car comes in, they will release mine and keep theirs!! I know there is another member on here who purchased a car from this dealer, if you read this PM me ok??? All for now,,, Marla
That is the worst thing I've ever heard of. It's just cruel. I would contact the Press. It sounds like a great story. Too bad you're the one suffering. :(

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Unless there are contractural obligations that prevent them from doing so, GM should take away all future Solstice allocations from this dealer.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Wait.
Wait.
So they're keeping you car int he lot, not releasing it, and not allowing you to purchase it, until another allocation comes in? So they can advertise the solstice?!

That's pathetic.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Dumbasses...don't they realize the car will be seen by more people on the road than it will sitting on the showroom floor? I'd want it out there for all to see and drive people to the showroom looking for one!

But then again, I'm not a dealer nor a marketing genius and I could be wrong on how all of that works.

Steve

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
achieftain said:
If you do, they win.
True that. :agree:

Fight it. It will make it much more worth it. Press, GM, the works!

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
photog321 said:
Dumbasses...don't they realize the car will be seen by more people on the road than it will sitting on the showroom floor? I'd want it out there for all to see and drive people to the showroom looking for one!

But then again, I'm not a dealer nor a marketing genius and I could be wrong on how all of that works.

Steve
You are correct. It's just common sense. This dealer is just too stupid to understand that concept.

So after the whole town comes in and sits in the car and touches it, does he still want MSRP?

·
Registered
79 Posts
This doesn't sound like something Van Devere would do! Something is a miss. Word is they have a waiting list for the Sol. Talked to them the otherday.

·
5,600 Posts
If nothing else, I would be at that dealer next to my car, and stating VERY LOUDLY that "I really wish I could take my car home but THIS DEALER has stolen my car and refuses to honor my contract and deliver this car to me as he had previously promised." Make sure everyone else in the showroom hears you. :mad:
What a dirty rotten stinking punk.

·
Registered
363 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
That is horrible! Keep pressing them and GM to do something. The press may be a good idea too. Does any of your local TV stations have a reporter who specifically reports on consumer complaints regarding local businesses? The stations around here do, and they report on these sort of things all the time! It also seems to be a very effective way of improving customer service!

·
Registered
340 Posts
What?

This car was ordered by you and for you, not your dealer. IMHO the dealer is obligated to deliver the car to you, the one with a binding sales contract, in a timely manner upon recieving it. That car should never hit the showroom floor. It should be prepped and delivered. Is there any legal obligation to deliver in a timely manner? Cricket? Small Dealer? :brentil:

·
Registered
340 Posts
You may want to contact your state's Attorney Generals Office regarding the legality of this.

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
a Linching? Say it isn't so

Put the torches and ropes away. I have some family and business ties with the owner, he's a good guy. (?) I find this all hard to believe. My car is the #1 of their first allocation. I'm so surprised that I have a PM into Mogo to get some info and we'll see, maybe I can help.

Let's see what pans out. If there's something funky going on I'll help you light the torches and we'll ride at midnight.

·
Registered
201 Posts
If this is the case, I hope you can help her out Arktek. That would be wonderful to see this community being able to make a difference in improper sales practices.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.