Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well they are in production and soon (week of Aust 1st) they will start shipping. Thought we could have a fun thread talking about VINs, and how important they may be (perhaps more then you all had given any thought to).

Here are some ides:

We know that #0001 will be valuable, and someone has posted that the rest through #0010 should also hold interest. But what about #1000, or #500?

I remember when I collected baseball cards as a kid, the "hundreds" were always the stars, the "fifties" were the next level players, even card #425 seamed to be a better player then #423 or #428.

Or what about the Mallett intenders, would they rather have the VIN that matches their destined displacement?

Would car #007 need ejector seat modifications?

Will car #0013 have warranty problems?

Car #54, where are you?

Will the owner of car #666 :devil: , drive to church on Sunday?

What if you had a favorite number or combo? What about your bank PIN? Phone number exchange? House number?

These are just some of the early morning thoughts, we could "talk" about.

But I guess it comes also to this question (and perhaps a poll should/could be started, although I don't have time, so anyone feel free).

Would you think about seeking out and trying to trade your 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstice for one that my have a more important or meaningful VIN?

Update as opposed to Reply
The VIN of the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Sosltices, should be following the Chevrolet SSR Special Introduction Auction Edition format as first speculated by Solstice(not Bob)man. Cars could go from #000001 to #001000.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Was that VIN rouge or blanc?

Read you thread and this question immediately came to mind. Although it does seem a little early to be drinking either. :yawn:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Should be interesting. Does any one know how the "special" VIN numbers will differ from any other VIN? Will they simply tack on another four digits or just change the last four to equal the sequence? Or will the sequence be buried somewhere in the number?

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
For those who remember the early days of the internet, car #404 :lol:

<common olden-days error code: 404-Not Found, you still see it every once in a while when you try a URL that isn't there)

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
solsticeman said:
For those who remember the early days of the internet, car #404 :lol:

<common olden-days error code: 404-Not Found, you still see it every once in a while when you try a URL that isn't there)
On that note I might want #403 - Forbidden. Nobody else gets to drive it but me.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Hey, don't knock #69! That was my draft number in 1972 ... I was DEFINITELY gonna be drafted and heading to Viet Nam. And then the war ended. :patriot:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Speeking Of The Draft

SolsticeWaiting said:
Hey, don't knock #69! That was my draft number in 1972 ... I was DEFINITELY gonna be drafted and heading to Viet Nam. And then the war ended. :patriot:

I WAS #1 IN 1972.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I was #4 in 1972, could I be so lucky to get the same number as my VIN?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Ex-Miata Man said:
I was #4 in 1972, could I be so lucky to get the same number as my VIN?
Number 4 on the Solstice VIN would be MUCH sweeter than #4 in the '72 draft. I actually got as far as taking the physical at Ft. Holabird in Baltimore - now THAT was a interesting time, for sure!

·
Registered
621 Posts
42 cause nothing beats the meaning of life
86 cause the 1st 1k sold out in no time

·
Registered
479 Posts
SolsticeWaiting said:
Number 4 on the Solstice VIN would be MUCH sweeter than #4 in the '72 draft. I actually got as far as taking the physical at Ft. Holabird in Baltimore - now THAT was a interesting time, for sure!
Fort Holabird in old BMORE, brings back memories, thats where I grew up, can't remember my draft # though. WHat part of Bmore did you come from? How about Dundalk, and Captain Harveys, best cheese steak subs in town!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
del_utz said:
Fort Holabird in old BMORE, brings back memories, thats where I grew up, can't remember my draft # though. WHat part of Bmore did you come from? How about Dundalk, and Captain Harveys, best cheese steak subs in town!
Actually, not from Baltimore, just took the draft physical there - a native Marylander from Rockville here! Go Rockets! :cheers:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts