Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned this car about a month now. When I purchased it, the wheels were painted a dark charcoal in color and they were starting to peel. Long story short, I took wheels to be powder coater and turned out very nice...a lot of metallic in the silver. The front nose was covered in rock chips, looked like a very bad case of acne! So, I put a bra on it. I know, most of you hate bras but I have had them on several other vehicles and have never had any problems...gotta know how to keep 'em clean and waxed underneath. Maybe this winter, the nose piece will be replaced or repainted. Put on a factory spoiler simply because it makes the car look so much better. Had to have a "dash mat" just because I like them and have 'em on a couple of other cars I own. Mud flaps/stone guards have been added due to a lot of stone chips along the bottom of the car...repaint this winter. I do have a set of GXP side skirts coming from Norms Fiberglass. Thinking of putting on "Rally Stripes" this winter...what color would go good with black? Maybe a factory luggage rack and maybe a DDMWORKS Console Cup Holder. Then it will be ready to drive! The car came with 41,000 miles on it and I intend to drive it, not look at it in my garage! What surprised me, is how much the wife likes the car!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
Looks nice - though not a fan of the covers :)

But your passenger-side fender is very mis-aligned - probably someone changed the battery and did not put it back properly. You should be able to loosen the bolts and re-align it yourself fairly easily. There are many "how to change the battery" posts around, just follow them for the fender steps. Here's one: PoPs version of battery change out

Also download a copy of the Sky/Sol panel alignment book (pdf) for future reference. There's a copy here: http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/attachments/f2/35499d1255729482-rear-fascia-adjusting-body-panel-alignment-tech-manual-sky-solstice.pdf

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I noticed that the fender is out of wack. This car is far from perfect. I have owned many MG's over the years that I have restored or made roadworthy and this car was purchased as a project to keep me busy. I plan on attacking the fender panel in the next day or so as fiberglass skirts are due in soon.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Big YES on the GM luggage rack and DDM console!:thumbs: I have them both and love them!:thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts