Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear GM.

If you're doing your homework, then you are at least paying some attention to the the enthusiast groups - and that means us. We're the folks who are ready, and able, to shell out the dollars for this car, and we're also the folks who will be your biggest sales force - should the car live up to hype. If you can make us happy, we'll likely make your life a whole lot easier as we extoll the virtues of the roadster we have all come to love - sight unseen. So here's where I'm going with this: How about auditing this site, collecting the relevant info on those of us who are already commited to buying the vehicle (many of us have already got deposits down), and bump us all up on the delivery list. Now I'm not talking about first 1000's - just first delivery. After all, we've been behind the product for some time now, and if anyone deserves to drive one this summer, it's us.

Wadayasay GM? If this were a Starwars movie, SolsticeForum members would be camping out front right now...

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Danno said:
Dear GM.

If you're doing your homework, then you are at least paying some attention to the the enthusiast groups - and that means us. We're the folks who are ready, and able, to shell out the dollars for this car, and we're also the folks who will be your biggest sales force - should the car live up to hype. If you can make us happy, we'll likely make your life a whole lot easier as we extoll the virtues of the roadster we have all come to love - sight unseen. So here's where I'm going with this: How about auditing this site, collecting the relevant info on those of us who are already commited to buying the vehicle (many of us have already got deposits down), and bump us all up on the delivery list. Now I'm not talking about first 1000's - just first delivery. After all, we've been behind the product for some time now, and if anyone deserves to drive one this summer, it's us.

Wadayasay GM? If this were a Starwars movie, SolsticeForum members would be camping out front right now...
Great idea! I have an even better one!

Free Solstice to the moderators so we may properly evaluate the car and keep the information spread on the forum as close to truthful and accurate as possible! :glol: To help expidite this, we'd be willing to temporarily drive a saleable build model right away, while we wait for our regular production version. This would also give you, GM, the added bonus of having a few more beta testers to help work out kinks! :glol: :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I think the regular allocation cars should be delivered relative to the date of the first killing frost. That way we Northerners can enjoy the car before old man winter arrives. Accepting delivery of a Roadster in October or worse November isn't going to be much fun.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Fformula88 said:

Free Solstice to the moderators so we may properly evaluate the car and keep the information spread on the forum as close to truthful and accurate as possible! :glol: To help expidite this, we'd be willing to temporarily drive a saleable build model right away, while we wait for our regular production version. This would also give you, GM, the added bonus of having a few more beta testers to help work out kinks! :glol: :thumbs:

I'll go one better yet. A FREE or heavilly discounted Solstice to all EOP customers if we have to wait longer then July 31st for our cars! :lol:

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I'm in Mass. and I just want the car ASAP so I can enjoy some of the summer before she goes to sleep for the winter.

So get the cars moving and we will bring them to the local car shows and drum up more sales.

SUMMER WILL BE A WAISTING !!!!!!!!!!!

·
4,592 Posts
Fformula88 said:

If they give you keys, they better send security guards to make sure you bring it back :lol: :cool:

·
Registered
251 Posts
If GM were listening, I would suggest they load up a few car hauler loads of pre-production Sols., send one hauler N. on I-95, one hauler W. on I-80, and one hauler S. on I-95. Drop one off at each dealer that has an EOP customer, have dealer arrange a "48 free drive" for each of those customers.

GM wins in at least 3 ways that I can think of (and that's without trying too hard)!

First, GM will go a long way to build some customer loyalty with its enthusiast base :yesnod: . The EOP customers that have bought this car sight unseen...are passing up the opportunity to buy a competitive product NOW, to enjoy the Summer 2005, in top down fashion.

Second, GM will acquire a LOT of real world testing and feedback from some very intelligent auto enthusiast...FOR FREE!! :yesnod:

Third, GM will earn some very VALUABLE and sorely needed POSITVE PUBLICITY!! :yesnod:

ALL OF WHICH WILL ENHANCE SALES... :yesnod:

P.S. I enjoyed being present and taking part in the birth of my children, far more than my father did in his day...just waiting in the waiting room!!

GM, remember your ad campiagn "It's not your fathers car anymore"...

it's not our fathers world anymore... Your customers want to help you succeed!!

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
I am one of those 1'st 1000 and I will take a preproduction/test SOL until you have mine ready for delivery in the Winter. I will send back any information you need to help you get this car right. :jester:

·
Registered
905 Posts
That's a great idea SOL MIO! If I got 2 days to spend with a Solstice that make the wait worth it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
bigjon

I would only hope that the load of pre production "SOL's" would reach as far as Nebraska. It seems that we in the heartland are the forgotten children. I agree that GM should monitor this site. There is more good info on this forum about the car than GM is putting out.

My inside source has started to read the forum, maybe he can get his management interested also.

·
Registered
305 Posts
All these ideas are great. I like some others have already placed
a large deposit on my solstice (traded my wife's car in on it already
to get the max amount on the trade before new models come out and
it becomes worth less).

I too would be happy to be a beta tester.

I think one thing that would make us all happy is to send a car around
to a dealership in each area of the US to allow us to sit in and see,touch,
smell,taste the car. :yesnod:

I know there was one near by me the day of the EOP, but it was not advertised and thus I knew nothing about it until someone on the forum
said they say it.

GM is there any list available of where and when we can see the Solstice?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Bought_It said:
I think one thing that would make us all happy is to send a car around
to a dealership in each area of the US to allow us to sit in and see,touch,
smell,taste the car. :yesnod:

GM is there any list available of where and when we can see the Solstice?
BMW just went cross-country with its 2006 models...they loaded up a bunch of their 2006's and went from city to city placing radio advertising to pre-announce the fleets arrival.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
SOL MIO said:
...Second, GM will acquire a LOT of real world testing and feedback from some very intelligent auto enthusiast...FOR FREE!! :yesnod: ...
Do you REALLY think GM is short on "intelligent auto enthusiast" employees willing to evaluate Solstices for free? :D

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Fformula88 said:

Just remember what ChryCo did with all the Turbine cars that they gave out to drive for the summer of '62. They're all at the bottom of Lake Michigan! :brentil:

·
Registered
251 Posts
solsticeman said:
Do you REALLY think GM is short on "intelligent auto enthusiast" employees willing to evaluate Solstices for free? :D
I'm sure they do...but GM won't survive selling cars only to GM employees! It's a competitive world, and I make a very nice living beating my competition to the sale. I just thought I'd share my 2 cents with a company in trouble...just trying to help!!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
solsticeman said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but GM was responsible for the Aztec, weren't they? :glol:

Besides, it doesn't hurt to have an outside observer's opinion! ;)

·
Registered
284 Posts
solsticeman said:
They might be, alot of us retired! :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts