Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I too get little info from my dealer - it's usually "no word yet" and "will let you know if anything happens". So I tend to feel a little guilty about calling them up once a week, but I still do :)

Yesterday I called around 11:00 local time, he was with a customer so I left my work number for him to call me back. I get into work early, so in turn I leave early - anyway I left at 3:00, he called me back at 3:10 (naturally) and he left me a voice mail "I have great news, call him back on his cell", and went on to explain that later that evening he was on his way up to Seattle to test drive the Solstice and their new SUV and he was extremely excited, this was "great news".

Sooooo, is this "great news" that he is going to drive one or my car was being built? :willy:

I am # 3 of 4 of their first and only allocation.. Well they had 4 but the 4th got rejected by GM - not sure why. I know he said the cars should be here the first of Sept. The # 1 car has been picked up, but that was as of early last week.

I will prolly call him on his cell at 9:00 a.m.

Are we there yet?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I think his good news is likely that he is going to test drive, thinking that it means that everything is getting closer, and maybe because he just wants to give you something that may sound encouraging. That's my guess.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
IWantOne said:
I too get little info from my dealer - it's usually "no word yet" and "will let you know if anything happens". So I tend to feel a little guilty about calling them up once a week, but I still do :)

Yesterday I called around 11:00 local time, he was with a customer so I left my work number for him to call me back. I get into work early, so in turn I leave early - anyway I left at 3:00, he called me back at 3:10 (naturally) and he left me a voice mail "I have great news, call him back on his cell", and went on to explain that later that evening he was on his way up to Seattle to test drive the Solstice and their new SUV and he was extremely excited, this was "great news".

Sooooo, is this "great news" that he is going to drive one or my car was being built? :willy:

I am # 3 of 4 of their first and only allocation.. Well they had 4 but the 4th got rejected by GM - not sure why. I know he said the cars should be here the first of Sept. The # 1 car has been picked up, but that was as of early last week.

Are we there yet?

Well, at least he didn't tell you he just saved alot of money on his car insurance

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
IWantOne said:

Are we there yet?

Sorry to give you this info but mine was picked up about 3 months ago and to this date I haven't heard anything.

zero/zipper ct.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Editguy said:
:lol: Actually, I would enjoy a salesman with that much of a sense of humor!
I'd kill my dealer if he did that to me at this point in the game!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
My dealer as far as I know is going to Buffalo tomorrow or Friday for the Sostice/Torrent school. My not so subtle hints of being a volunteer employee for the day didn't sink in. Hey what about all that employee pricing stuff, we are all employees ----- except that the Sol is exempt.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bah - his "great news" was that he was going to Seattle to test drive them. To me that would be good news, great news is that mine is in transit :lol:

He did say they looked awesome and he would be test driving them in about an hour. He does have a digital camera and will email me some pics when he gets back tomorrow.

He also thought I would have my car in mid september, that that was what he has been hearing consistently. He is hoping for the first part of September but is pretty sure it will be mid Sept. :willy:

·
Registered
212 Posts
IWantOne said:

Are we there yet?
I ordered mine day one of the promotion, although too late to get in on the EOP. I'm now told not to expect my car before November, so I'm not really losing sleep waiting for the car to come.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I don't know if it will help with your timeframe estimate or not, but here's my info:

I am #2 in a 1st allocation of 2.
First car to be picked up Aug. 18.
My order to be picked up in "mid-September".

You might need to get clarification as to the status of your order (what is it currently coded as). Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.